Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

Ross County look set to sign Liam Boyce from Cliftonville, he is a striker and won Player of the Year two seasons ago (scored 23 goals in 32 games) and scored 21 goals in 38 games last season. Just over 6' tall, he may have been a good option for us?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/27830154

County also signed Jake Jervis, big tall striker, no idea how good he is but was with Portsmouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27751104

They look to be set up with much better attack/striker options next season.

Edited by mhs

Ross County look set to sign Liam Boyce from Cliftonville, he is a striker and won Player of the Year two seasons ago (scored 23 goals in 32 games) and scored 21 goals in 38 games last season. Just over 6' tall, he may have been a good option for us?!

County also signed Jake Jervis, big tall striker, no idea how good he is but was with Portsmouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27751104

Perfect for their hoofball.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/27751104

Boyce's goal figures look good but Jervis doesn't seem to have scored that many. Though as the other poster says, 2 big guys up front for hoofball.

I always think RC's biggest disadvantage is Adams: it must be murder for their players to have to listen to him every week.

Adams has just begun does he not usually sign about 10 players then another 10 in january .Loves to spend mcgregors money complete tosser.

Or perhaps it's as I said, it's murder for them to have to listen to him so he has to turn over almost a complete team every six months.

Pretty poor if we can't sign someone from Dumbarton.

So we are a Billy Big Time team now are we?

How often have posters here said a player should stay with us and get properly developed before moving on to a bigger club. Maybe that's what's in his mind. Maybe another Premier league club is sniffing around and he's waiting to judge his best option?

We can have no idea what's going on in any dealings between the club and a player so anything is just speculation. I think the club did terrifically well to sign a player like Ryan Stevenson and I reckon that shows the club is capable of signing good players. But we'll not get every first choice player we're after and while sometimes that will be down to money at other times players may decide not to sign for us for quite other reasons.

• Like 2

So we are a Billy Big Time team now are we?

How often have posters here said a player should stay with us and get properly developed before moving on to a bigger club. Maybe that's what's in his mind. Maybe another Premier league club is sniffing around and he's waiting to judge his best option?

We can have no idea what's going on in any dealings between the club and a player so anything is just speculation. I think the club did terrifically well to sign a player like Ryan Stevenson and I reckon that shows the club is capable of signing good players. But we'll not get every first choice player we're after and while sometimes that will be down to money at other times players may decide not to sign for us for quite other reasons.

Billy bog boys??? Oh dear! Taken well out of context.

My context is that if we are an ambitious club hoping to push for top six, it surely isnt beyond the imagination to expect us to lure a player from a lower league club to join us. But I do accept thst certain circumstances would say different. Thats only my opinion.

The important part of your original post being the word 'if' - seeing as none of us know the details it's no good having a negative opinion regarding the club. It's all speculation so no point being pessimistic.

Hearing rumours we are close to signing Paul Magowan - ex St Midden

No, please no!

We have Elliot, Lawless and Stevenson to cover attacking midfield along with Banzo and Higgy that could also do that.

St Mirren fans were saying he was on £3k a week as well.

Edited to add... we need to sign a striker, a left back and experienced centre back - no more collecting of attacking midfielders.

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1

Not a rumour (although maybe I could start one) but a name that came up who could perhaps do a job. Darryl Duffy is currently playing for some Indian club and may be interested in a return home. I remember him being a goal threat for Falkirk although that maybe a few years ago and perhaps he has lost his touch. I have a Cheltenham supporting coleague who was surprised when they let him go.

Not a rumour (although maybe I could start one) but a name that came up who could perhaps do a job. Darryl Duffy is currently playing for some Indian club and may be interested in a return home. I remember him being a goal threat for Falkirk although that maybe a few years ago and perhaps he has lost his touch. I have a Cheltenham supporting coleague who was surprised when they let him go.

Not for me.

Journeyman type who seems to always do the bare minimum to get himself another season of professional football. Would be surprised to see any top flight clubs give him a deal