Jhs Fans And Season Ticket Holders.. Your Views?

Vom Itorium

I've found it very interesting to read the support from the JHS punters and season ticket holders on the whole North Stand farce that we find ourselves in. If you're a JHS season ticket holder, go there as a PATG punter or simply because you take the kids to the game, what's your take and stance on this ludicrous situation that looks set to return Firhill to the soulless arena we ALL endured for far too long?

I think it's important that the views of punters outwith the 600 or so troublesome, noisy mad men is taken into account and heard here..

Edited by Vom Itorium

For the games against aberdeen and motherwell, it felt like we were at away matches sitting in jhs. Their singing sections of fans were closer to more of the players, more of the time, and i think it had an influence. sometimes at the south side of jhs you can hardly hear ns singing section. id like to see how it would work as i think our singing section might have an even greater influence on the players than they do now.

• Like 1

JH season ticket holder. Email sent confirming renewal withheld until decision reversed.

This farce affects us all and im disgusted by treatment of ian and dave along with the contempt shown for all jags fans.

JHS Season Ticket Holder and I think this must reckon as one of the daftest decisions by our club ever and that is saying something!

We were only just saying last Saturday how well the numbers have been building up since this started two seasons ago and now to be binned is just crazy.Reverse this or no renewals (2no)

I am a ST holder for the JHS. I support the NS fans who are against this move. I think the reasons given for it are not credible. What business upsets a large proportion of it core customers ? Just what is the business case for this ? How is this decision going to aid the aim of increasing ST sales year on year ? How is it going to improve match day experience for the fans ?

If I am honest, I can't say that I won't buy a ST, but I will certainly be delaying.

My suggestion would be that the club revert to the status quo for this coming season and undertake prolonged discussions with the supporters groups to arrive at the decision that meets both fans and boards approval.

There's nothing in the club's statement to say how, in Maxi's words, closing the north stand to Thistle fans will see the club "progress."

They want Thistle fans to sit in a stand that is clearly below an acceptable standard whatever way you look at it (viewing, comfort, hygiene, atmosphere....).

Bullshit.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Think it could be just as effective in Main Stand, but if the fans want to stay in the NS Stand then why not leave as is for at least another year. Certainly no overwhelming business case to justify it, As posted above, create time for greater dialogue and maybe have a couple of trials in the Main Stand at non OF games to see what everyone thinks of the experience and atmosphere.

Edited by Bgcjag

I'm a JH season ticket holder and will not be renewing unless decision is reversed.

My main concern about the issue is that it may not get the support it deserves from fellow JH season ticket holders due to lack of awareness.

Think it could be just as effective in Main Stand, but if the fans want to stay in the NS Stand then why not leave as is for at least another year. Certainly no overwhelming business case to justify it, As posted above, create time for greater dialogue and maybe have a couple of trials in the Main Stand at non OF games to see what everyone thinks of the experience and atmosphere.

ST JHS holder and I agree with Bgcjag here. I would have thought that view of the game would have been better from the main stand (although my 'traditional' spot was right behind the goals at the city end) and I can understand the argument for being behind the dug out.

What I don't understand is the statement that an upgrade would be necessary to make the main stand habitable for Jags fans yet we are happy to accommodate away fans there as it is. Doesn't sound very hospitable really. Surely SitexOrbis have brought the entire stadium to the high standard that would be expected by the hoards of the great unwashed??? (see other thread and http://www.orbisprotect.com/sitexorbis-scores-partick-thistle/).

A good move by the board might be to do the work first then have a trial day there as BgcJag says (with free catering of the fizzy wine variety before the first home game of next season).

Go on board - do something innovative and inviting and encourage participation in the scheme because it's BETTER and not just because we couldn't come with any other solution.

MonraJags

Also, this isn't a decision that Ian Maxwell has taken with a blatant disregard to North Stand season ticket holders. It has been taken with a blatant disregard to supporters, past present and future, of Partick Thistle FC.

This is why it has my support, and should have the support of every other season ticket holder and non season ticket holder, regardless of where they sit.

I'm a JHS regular and sit there more for the view than the atmosphere. However the atmosphere created by the NS singers cannot be underestimated. They've helped turn a lifeless, souleless stadium into a great matchday experience and all of this will be lost in moving to the Main Stand. None of the reasons in the statement stand up to scrutiny and there are plenty of ways around this without resorting to the Main Stand move.

The way the club has handled this has been shameful and shows a complete disregard for a core element of the support - I'd have had more respect for them if their had been any sort of proper fan engagement or consultation but to set up a meeting then have no statement issued for 3 days is a poor way to do business - and using Chris Jack as a mouthpiece was an epic fail!

Come on Board - be the bigger man here and accept it's the wrong thing to do and keep the North Stand Red and Yellow!

Fully support the guys on this and will be withholding my season ticket money until a suitable compromise / reversal is reached.

• Like 1

The board exists in a bubble - convinced of their own righteousness, and unwilling to tolerate the customers' opinions intervening in their deliberations. I'm wholeheartedly behind the NS fans' efforts, but the leverage is very limited. My single full-price and two concession season tickets will have to wait until this matter is settled reasonably, but I fear that Jag is correct. AlgarveJag's idea may be worth exploring, though.

So can all these peopl who stand in the NS, sing in the NS, can they not just go and take a section of the JH and do the same thing there?

We tried that, for several years. The atmosphere at the games was awful.

It was dreadful, which is why we came up with the idea of having us in the north stand initially.

• Like 1

JHS season ticket holder, the only reason I'm there and not the NS is that I go with 4 family members of various ages. Gutted about the boards decision, have went to the NS when I can and love it (apart from hearts game when a third of the stand left early). I find it hard to say I wont be buying renewing but I will hold off until a decision is made. Don't want to upset anyone but I feel a real possibility could be putting the away fans in the city end of the JHS. I make my way to games from that end and know if it got cut off for us to use that would be annoying but it means the rest of the JHS and the NS could be used for home support and the board can't moan that fans from the away team are trapped between home fans like they have in the past?

Sit in the JH Stand, always will as I prefer the view. I have always supported the club in decisions they've made but this decision makes no sense to me & as such, plus the fact that it will make Firhill less atmospheric, means I do not plan to purchase a ST at the moment. Unless the decision is reversed.

I’m a season ticket holder in the JHS and I’ve thought a few times it would be better if our singing section was in the main stand where they could influence the game more. Saying that however I don’t think I’d want to sit in there with a load of columns in the way myself and can understand why people wouldn’t want to move. I don’t think the board have handled this terribly well, it shouldn’t have been put on the shoulders of a few fans reps moments before the final game of the season and the stink it has caused was entirely foreseeable. They could be a lot worse though, if they really didn’t care about the singing section they could just have moved them back to the JHS where there is more than enough room for them and so long as it’s done properly the supporters meeting is a positive thing, lots of clubs would just have said this is what’s happening end of story. In an ideal world they would have had the supporters meeting first before making any announcement and this could all have been avoided. At the end of the day I hope the decision is overturned sooner rather than later and then we can all get on with winning the treble next season.

Edited by scottymagoo

I think it's a poor decision and should be reversed. There may be no ideal solution, but I find it hard to believe that relocating the most vocal elements of the support is the best one. NS has definitely had a significant positive effect on the general atmosphere at Fihill over the past two seasons, and I'd congratulate those who initiated it and embraced it.

I think it's been very badly managed by the club, both in the way that it was initially relayed, and then through the ill judged announcement on the official site. It was clumsy and it was disrespectful. I don't believe there was any intention to cause harm, and I'd like to think that there is still an opportunity to engage with the fans and move forward in a way that will reunite club and fans. Most of all I don't want this to hurt the team.

Finally, I hope that the fans can maintain a sense of perspective and dignity through this, as witch hunts and personal abuse are unlikley to achieve anything.

• Like 1

I have been in the North Stand a few times this season. enjoy the atmosphere but the view is garbage. Surely JH stand would give a better view of the game? The atmosphere is what you make of it surely? if the same group has their own section in the JH then there shouldn't be a problem with that. People withholfing their ST in favour of this just seems a bit ludicrous. In the interest of the club being more profitable. Why should they have 10,000 or so AVAILABLE seats on a matchday when their home average gate is around half of that. As the various extis in and around the staium would still have to be stewardded even if only a few folk were sitting there?

I have been in the North Stand a few times this season. enjoy the atmosphere but the view is garbage. Surely JH stand would give a better view of the game? The atmosphere is what you make of it surely? if the same group has their own section in the JH then there shouldn't be a problem with that. People withholfing their ST in favour of this just seems a bit ludicrous. In the interest of the club being more profitable. Why should they have 10,000 or so AVAILABLE seats on a matchday when their home average gate is around half of that. As the various extis in and around the staium would still have to be stewardded even if only a few folk were sitting there?

As I said, we were in the JH for many years. How long have you been supporting the club? I ask because it was only just over 2 years ago that we were there previously.

It didn't work. The view may be better but the view isn't the main reason I go to the football. Many others is the same.

is it really that difficult to understand?