Season Tickets Now On Sale

Agreed. My confirmation said so as well BUT...

I've changed my seat. Does the fact that my existing card now has the wrong seat number make any difference electronically? I don't know whether to expect a new ticket or not. 3 phone calls and 45 minutes later I finally got the system to co-operate - with the help of the office staff.

Also, I become a concession before the season starts. The most bizarre part of this sorry experience was that the system would have charged me the full whack (my birthday is after the date of renewal) had the office staff not found a way round this. No criticism of PT implied. It's the ticket company that need to get a grip. Why are these things not thoroughly tested before they go live?

I would guess that for most people renewing for the same seats, the system will work fine. For more complicated transactions,like lots of systems, some human intervention will be needed, cos they are supposed to be smarter than computers

If you are simply renewing you don't need to collect or have a new one delivered - your card for last season is updated and will be valid for next season. At least that was the message I got when I renewed.

Does last season's ticket not state 'Season 2013/14' or something similar?

Could someone clarify if when you purchase a new season ticket are you informed at the time that it's

to used for more than the one season.

As a first time season ticket holder last year I wasn't aware of this and cut up my card at the end of the season (doh!).

A bit peeved to be charged a fiver for a new card for this season and thought the office might have waived the charge

for at least one time.

How often are cards routinely renewed by the club due to wear and tear or is that a cost that will be borne by the supporter

in due course as well?

Could someone clarify if when you purchase a new season ticket are you informed at the time that it's

to used for more than the one season.

As a first time season ticket holder last year I wasn't aware of this and cut up my card at the end of the season (doh!).

A bit peeved to be charged a fiver for a new card for this season and thought the office might have waived the charge

for at least one time.

How often are cards routinely renewed by the club due to wear and tear or is that a cost that will be borne by the supporter

in due course as well?

I certainly wasn't told at the time of purchase that it could be used for more than one season but did pick up somewhere - either on here or someone told me - that a new card wouldn't be necessary to renew.

I called the office today to ask when my season ticket might arrive, to be told by someone who sounded like my youngest daughter giving me cheek "you'll get it before the start of the season!".....when I asked if she could give me a date by which it would arrive, I was told again, this time more loudly, " I've said, you'll get it before the start of the season!"....needless to say, I asked her to put me onto some else and then sorted the issue. No idea who the first wee lassie was, but I'm not really sure that kind of first point of contact with the club does it any favours.

Rant over.

Anyone got any idea how many season tickets have been purchased so far? How many were bought last season too?

If the seating map is up to date it should be easy enough to calculate

Just calculated the uptake (Blocked) seats

JHS 3341 seats taken (Unavailable for sale) from JH1 - JH6 - no tickets can be bought in other sections

NS 173 seats taken

Going with the seating plan we have sold 3514........ but this seems high, I hope all seats that are blocked are genuinely sold and not a computer glitch

Edited by Norgethistle

As the part-time supporter has returned to the fold (after a flirt with South American football) and it appears there is no free block of 3 seats, I was advised to wait until after 15th June: that would suggest that nominally occupied seats will turn out not to be so in practice.

If the seating map is up to date it should be easy enough to calculate

Just calculated the uptake (Blocked) seats

JHS 3341 seats taken (Unavailable for sale) from JH1 - JH6 - no tickets can be bought in other sections

NS 173 seats taken

Going with the seating plan we have sold 3514........ but this seems high, I hope all seats that are blocked are genuinely sold and not a computer glitch

It totally slipped my mind to check that! I didn't use it to renew so forgot it was even there. That unavailable number might include a kids section unless that's one of the other sections you speak of and the kids are possibly going to be placed right next to away support. Would be excellent if that number was true. It got me thinking how much we have sold when I seen on the OS that Beattie was doing more asking.

Anyone got any idea how many season tickets have been purchased so far? How many were bought last season too?

Judging by Beatie's plea on the OS, I guess sales aren't going too well. Not really surprising when the online site is not secure and not accessible by anyone using a Mac.

Judging by Beatie's plea on the OS, I guess sales aren't going too well. Not really surprising when the online site is not secure and not accessible by anyone using a Mac.

I renewed at the office about 10 days ago partly because i was having internet connection problems of my own. I'm still unsure just why a transaction that lasted all of two minutes should cost me £10. Only Thistle can concoct a scheme with two principal ways of buying a product and simultaneously piss off purchasers using either method.

• Like 2

The fee is probably aimed at putting people off rather than the time it takes. If it was only £1 loads of people inexperienced with online purchasing would just turn up at the office and they'd be getting constantly interrupted. £10 makes it worth going through the hassle of figuring it out yourself if you have the technology available.

Prices should have been the same, regardless of how you bought them. I didn't mind paying the £25 child reservation fee however to charge extra for not being able to use the shabby online system was daft in the the extreme.

I had a sh1tmare trying to renew my kids ticket. Didn't work online, so I called and payed over the phone with card. Got told I had pressed wrong button online. A few days later noticed that kids ST hadn't been updated online, so emailed club. Fast + pleasant response however they said there was no notification of payment I had made over the phone. Eh? Eventually managed to pay for it online.

If online was easy to use and worked properly then fine, but don't see why they penalised phone renewals. The irony is they probably got more hassle with folk phoning due to the online system not working properly and being difficult to use.

Edited by Sinistar
  • Like 2

I finally got my season ticket this morning. When I got home from work tonight, there were two more exactly the same in my post. Ah well, if I lose or damage it then I should be fine for a replacement or two.

Oh dear. Shambles. Better check your bank account, you may have paid for all three!

The fee is probably aimed at putting people off rather than the time it takes. If it was only £1 loads of people inexperienced with online purchasing would just turn up at the office and they'd be getting constantly interrupted. £10 makes it worth going through the hassle of figuring it out yourself if you have the technology available.

Aye, heaven forbid we ever get into a situation where the staff are inundated processing season tickets. What an inconvenience.

• Like 3