New Signing

thornwoodjag

Nice to hear it via Twitter before PTFC! Not!

https://twitter.com/...449601342091265

Anyway, welcome to Firhill and hope you have a successful season with us.

Promising stuff from SkySports in December:

The 22-year-old has been a shining light at the heart of the Tamworth defence all season and his progress has not gone unnoticed among clubs higher up the football pyramid. Richards-Everton's aerial dominance and technical ability with the ball at his feet has alerted a host of clubs to his talent.

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1

Whats with all these double barrelled names these days- my heart raced a bit when I thought we'd signed Ben Richards from Everton.

Tamworth a little different but sounds like prospect. Welcome to Firhill Ben.

Some work better than others - Taylor Sinclair > Richards Everton > Johnson Thompson (Katarina, athlete)

Whats with all these double barrelled names these days- my heart raced a bit when I thought we'd signed Ben Richards from Everton.

Tamworth a little different but sounds like prospect. Welcome to Firhill Ben.

Mine too! I thought we had done really well, signing a player from Everton.

Good to get another body on board, although if it was the lad who played in the first half against Sunderland I thought he looked a wee bit too casual at times.

Was Armand One not a Tamworth lad as well?

Anyway Richards-Everton is a delightful surname and he is following in a tradition of Thistle players who have incorporated the name of another football club into their surnames. The following come to mind and I am sure there are more:

Jered Stirling

Lindsay & Jim Hamilton

Ian Ross

Derek Johnstone

Mark McChrystal (maybe pushing it a bit, but when you have 10 consecutive consonants in your name you deserve to be included on every list that is going)

If we extend this to players who have played against Thistle, we can add the following:

Anthony Stokes

Allan Preston

Jordan Morton

Dwight Yorke

Tom Brighton

I do not think that Bobby or Jack Charlton has ever lined up against Thistle, but perhaps one of our history buffs could tell me differently

We have also been "administered" by Neil Doncaster

Edited by partickthedog

Was Armand One not a Tamworth lad as well?

Anyway Richards-Everton is a delightful surname and he is following in a tradition of Thistle players who have incorporated the name of another football club into their surnames. The following come to mind and I am sure there are more:

Jered Stirling

Lindsay & Jim Hamilton

Ian Ross

Derek Johnstone

Mark McChrystal (maybe pushing it a bit, but when you have 10 consecutive consonants in your name you deserve to be included on every list that is going)

If we extend this to players who have played against Thistle, we can add the following:

Anthony Stokes

Allan Preston

Jordan Morton

Dwight Yorke

Tom Brighton

I do not think that Bobby or Jack Charlton has ever lined up against Thistle, but perhaps one of our history buffs could tell me differently

We have also been "administered" by Neil Doncaster

A few more

Deon Burton (Albion)

Clarke Carlisle (United)

James Chester (plays for Hull City)

Bobby and Jack Charlton (Athletic)

Alan Sunderland

Alan Irvine (Meadow)

Edited by kni

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was caught out, I thought we'd signed a youngster on loan from Everton. :lol:

Seems he played as a trialist for Birmingham earlier in the summer, but less chance of him getting a contract with an English club as Tamworth would have been due a fee.

Birmingham hand trial to Tamworth defender