Mcfadden

thornwoodjag

Talk of the odd "flashes of brilliance" reeks of somebody who's clearly past it. Think George Best (a true genius of a player) at Easter Road. Think Jim Baxter (a wine-o) when he came back to the h uns. Think, more recently and more embarrassingly, of Joerge Cadette at Firhill.

Forget McFadden; nobody wants him. Look to the future.

Is this a case of 'I smell shite' or is there a glimmer of hope here after all (I'd love to see Faddy in a Thistle jersey, btw)

http://www.sportingl.../425/9488539/-?

Not certain i really understand that article.

As for the last bit "Kilmarnock will have a wee advantage because they train on the pitch every day but on Saturday, it will be the same for both sides." . I'm off to watch Pointless

Considering Archie said after Fraser got injured he may have to try & sign a free agent if he could find the right one, there must be money left in the kitty. Whether it's more a case of there's not enough to offer McFadden something he would accept, or Archie doesn't want to spend it on another forward player, more likely the case. Ecclestone was signed after McFadden had been training with us for a few weeks, so the budget was there (if it now isn't) to sign him, had he wanted to.

So Archie has apparently spent his budget? What on?

As I said a confusing article. Archie doesn't say he's spent his budget. At a guess I would imagine every manager would hold something back just in case we get unlucky with injuries in one particular area.

No idea if there's relatively adequate funds remaining. The actual amount of his budget is likely to be dependent on the level of ST sales. He may for all we know had his budget downscaled due to ST sales not reaching target but that's just conjecture.

A signing like McFadden, properly announced and marketed would practically pay for itself with shirt sales and extra bums on seats. I don't see budget being the problem, more like our internal marketing. Id like to see us take a punt if having him round improves the rest of the squad and gets us a few extra points than we would have otherwise t the end of the season.

• Like 2

Talk of the odd "flashes of brilliance" reeks of somebody who's clearly past it. Think George Best (a true genius of a player) at Easter Road. Think Jim Baxter (a wine-o) when he came back to the h uns. Think, more recently and more embarrassingly, of Joerge Cadette at Firhill.

Forget McFadden; nobody wants him. Look to the future.

Not sure about Cadette, but the other two were beverage merchants. Mcfadden keeps himself fit and is a good person to have around.

A signing like McFadden, properly announced and marketed would practically pay for itself with shirt sales and extra bums on seats. I don't see budget being the problem, more like our internal marketing. Id like to see us take a punt if having him round improves the rest of the squad and gets us a few extra points than we would have otherwise t the end of the season.

Yeah, just what I'm thinkin!!

:happy2:

very bizzare,I sometimes think the Hierarchy at Firhill think that we are all stupid!

More like the reporters who knocked up that article out of random quotes that could have been made any time. Sounds more like they wanted a McFadden story (McFadden agent involved?) and just threw a few old bits and pieces together for the occasion. We all see that all the time, papers making up stuff, but of course let's have a go at our management and say it's their fault.

More like the reporters who knocked up that article out of random quotes that could have been made any time. Sounds more like they wanted a McFadden story (McFadden agent involved?) and just threw a few old bits and pieces together for the occasion. We all see that all the time, papers making up stuff, but of course let's have a go at our management and say it's their fault.

Except that the management and board have not had a summer to remember, have they?

Faddy still looking for one last big contract shocker!!! :shocked:

Fair play and good luck to him.

I reckon it's not gonna come. I see the world through red and yellow tinted spex, but I reckon he could enjoy coming to Thistle, be a very valued and appreciated addition and the way I think we would use him ( which i hope would be complimentry to our current squad, who are very capable without a "star" ) could even prolong and enhance his career.

Archie's just being very diplomatic in saying we're skintoed.

Bertie's cheeky boy is looking like a bit of clapped out ho' pimpin out to the highest bidder. Get off the kerb Jimmy and find salvation by joining Archie's crusade for big money football at Lidl's prices!

• Like 3

Except that the management and board have not had a summer to remember, have they?

Have a go at them for stuff you can at least claim they have done - e.g. you can argue whether a newly signed player is worth the wage - but to have a go at them because of a single dodgy story is a bit stupid, don't you think?

Have a go at them for stuff you can at least claim they have done - e.g. you can argue whether a newly signed player is worth the wage - but to have a go at them because of a single dodgy story is a bit stupid, don't you think?

OK, the Faddy story is spurious, we all know that.

My comment, which on reflection was probably misplaced, is a general one on the lack of advancement in our squad following the statements of intent by both management and board at the end of last season.

OK, the Faddy story is spurious, we all know that.

My comment, which on reflection was probably misplaced, is a general one on the lack of advancement in our squad following the statements of intent by both management and board at the end of last season.

Indeed.... We end up with a squad weaker than the one that ended last season despite all the nice words

Is there a chance their hoping a local businessman will sponsor his signing and that's what this wee bit of publicity is about?

I don't think anyone could argue about McFadden's marketability. But he's only marketable if he's going to be playing and there could lie a problem. Further I don't think McFadden's holding out for daft money or lengthy contracts, more likely he's looking for a club where he'll be a regular starter. Sure money will come into it and he probably doesn't want to play down the divisions but it won't be the be all and end all.

The piece is so badly written/disjointed to make much sense of what really is going on. The BBC snippet is edited down to making a bit more meaning. Regardless no matter how you feel about the Club and/or Archie and summer signings using this nonsense won't strengthen your argument one way or the other. Too many unknowns.

If I was Faddy's agent I would want to make sure two messages were in the public domain as often as possible.

1. My client is fit and training with a club.

2. My client has a price but is not going to be greedy about expectations.

The BBC article at least achieves both ends. (The Sporting Life article doesn't).

I don't see a Thistle angle particularly on this other than that Archie is simply signalling that if he had the budget and if he thought Thistle were lacking in that area he would have been interested which is no more than stating the obvious.