Ryan Stevenson Scores V Hamilton Accies 29.11.14

Camallain

Been a big critic of Ryan and not yet convinced. Not a day for being critical though and more than the two goals he took well I was delighted that he seemed to have a more positive attitude and worked his socks off. If he can maintain this level of workload and attitude he will turn his critics including me if he doesn't we will only feel cheated.

I thought Stevo tried hard (for little reward) against St Mirren and I couldn't fault his effort. Today, and against arguably better opposition, he had a bit of swagger about him and looked like a player. Seriously couldn't fault his shift, he looked like a team player and I got the feeling that the players were delighted for him. (Did he miss the golden opportunity in the first-half? If so, would have been a well-deserved hat-trick.)

Overall, very good team performance IMO. Franz handled Jason Scotland who remains a handful.

I thought Stevo did okay for us against Ross County, Dundee and Inverness.

Didnt think he played to badly when he was on against Aberdeen last week albeit wasnt on for very long.

Has had a couple of shockers as well but sure the majority of the team have had in some games eg Aberdeen away, St Mirren home etc

He is nowhere near as bad as some are making out

It's all about opinions but if you feel he has been anywhere near as effective as his perceived standard is then I must disagree.

He is probably our highest paid player so we expect more than from him than the rest of the team until to day he has failed to deliver that.

Feels like a new signing. A confident, on form Ryan Stevenson could be a big asset. Thought his celebration for the first goal was a release of frustration, and I always think fans are too quick to blame lack of effort when confidence is more likely to be the issue. Hope he can kick in from here.

Really enjoyed today. Could have been more, but very comfortable, and impressive.

Glad the fans got behind Stevenson today, standing ovation and well deserved. Think he's had a tough time and I've stuck up for him cause his talent is clearly visible. All be it he hasn't always shown it. Hopefully this is a turning point and an attacking player like him will be completely confidence driven. More of the same please!

any truth to the rumour that in his post match interview, ryan was asked what had been the problem with him not being able to find the net before today, and he replied "camallian has been absent until now, i had to wait for him to be back to capture my wondergoals, now he is, i can score for fun when he's got that camera rolling"

so, ultimately it's all been your fault camallian? :evil:

^^haha. marriage is a cross to bear, that trains the many to accept fault and blame, even when innocent. seriously though, good to have you back camallian.

and on ryan, to see (for those who weren't there today), as others have already said, him not only scoring two goals (both very well taken, not sclaffs or luck), but for his workrate, and visibly improved playing for the shirt, team and his place, display today.

don't think there will be one jags supporter (or player going from on the pitch love-in celebrations for him) who will not be pleased to see him bag a magnificent double and his all round play today.

not expecting two goals per game now, but if he shows the same effort, desire and professionalism of today in all future games for us, no one will begrudge him his alleged highest earner pay packet (or bonuses) i'd think?

well done ryan, it's been a sticky start for you, but now the monkeys off your back, go prove today wasn't a one off, and show majority (including me) who were starting to write you off as possibly a expensive mistake, that you're worthy of a regular starting slot, and all the financial rewards that basic contract and any associated performance and win bonuses that brings.

It's all about opinions but if you feel he has been anywhere near as effective as his perceived standard is then I must disagree.

He is probably our highest paid player so we expect more than from him than the rest of the team until to day he has failed to deliver that.

he probably is highest paid though I wouldn't know for definite. Having said that we are entitled to expect all players paid by the club to put in a shift and they did today

he probably is highest paid though I wouldn't know for definite. Having said that we are entitled to expect all players paid by the club to put in a shift and they did today

Thought both SOD & Christie excelled shiftwise. Even late in the game thru sheer endeavour and a fair bit of skill they pressed Accies and helped keep the ball up the right end of the park. After losing three late goals in the previous two matches to that lot it did my blood pressure no end of good seeing the ball so much in their half late on.

Think Stevenson is just one of those folk that tends to display unfortunate body language. Even after scoring a couple of goals and being more or less on top of his game there didn't appear to be any discernible difference in his demeanour. Btw during the lead up to the 2nd goal it looked to me that Higgy skipped over a very rash challenge from Gordon(?).

Thought both SOD & Christie excelled shiftwise. Even late in the game thru sheer endeavour and a fair bit of skill they pressed Accies and helped keep the ball up the right end of the park. After losing three late goals in the previous two matches to that lot it did my blood pressure no end of good seeing the ball so much in their half late on.

Think Stevenson is just one of those folk that tends to display unfortunate body language. Even after scoring a couple of goals and being more or less on top of his game there didn't appear to be any discernible difference in his demeanour. Btw during the lead up to the 2nd goal it looked to me that Higgy skipped over a very rash challenge from Gordon(?).

Some players (eg Ronaldo) like to show off their stepovers, but Higgy must be the king of the skipover. He did a superb skipover before scoring away at Motherwell last season.