V. Dundee 20Th December

thebiglemon

This season we have been extremely kind hearted, ending St Johnstone's and Kilmarnock's losing streaks but I think we'll be too good for Dundee in this one. We've got to win back to back games some time and I'm confident that we will do it Saturday.

Harkins being out will be a blow to them but Stewart and Clarkson have been doing well for them and will need to be kept quiet. However, with Higgy and Fraser getting back to match fitness and the defence looking tighter we should be OK.

With St Mirren playing Motherwell and Kilmarnock up at Aberdeen it is an ideal opportunity to get above the two teams directly above us and stretch even further away from the bottom.

No chance we'll change the starting 11, barring late call offs.

I know our form dictates that we won't win this. I'm still confident. I really think the 3 in the centre of the park are key for us. Bannigan, Fraser and Osman together and on form are a match for anyone. Their movement and understanding has made a giant difference in a couple of games already this season.

It'd be daft not to play your strongest team in such a crucial area and that 100% means Frans coming back in for Balatoni, if he's fit.

Balatoni is rightly now a back up player. It's the same thing with Muirhead being dropped after a good performance against Celtic, Seabourne is a far better player. Craigen was dropped for Fraser, because Fraser is far a better player.

The only way Balatoni will play is if FF isn't fully fit. Goal or not.

Remember he slipped in the first half and let the ICT player through on goal. It wasn't a flawless performance.

• Like 1

I think one of the big differences between this game and our game v Dundee (apart from keeping 11 on the pitch) in the first quarter could be Stevenson. He's upped his workrate and may be hitting a bit of goal scoring form. With Fraser, Banzo and Osman bossing it in midfield, this could be interesting....

Frans coming in and I think for the first time in history I will say keep rest of the team (even Elliot). Purely that I think he sits so deep it will make us tighter to score against. Doubt there will be many goals.

Although I wouldn't mind Eccleston on with Stevenson behind and dropping Elliot. Won't happen though.

Looking forward to this as it will show once and for all if we are again to be in the relegation scrap or not. Hopefully, big Frans will be back for this one and we can put our strongest side out. With the exception of Celtic and Dundee Utd we've got games against teams below us in the next wee while, we've got to start winning these!

Genuinely, why? What evidence do you have that this would be a good move?

Stevenson has performed well of late in the striking role. But I think in general there is a consensus his best position is playing the 'Craigen' role behind a striker. I think he is the type of player that can drive forward and control attacks. That link we are often missing in games where our striker looks isolated.

As far as who plays the striker role, I think we as fans and a club want to promote youth and we also want to be a club that gives players that second chance that gets banded about. Much like we did with O'Donnel and Bannigan when they got punted from Celtic. I think Eccleston has potential from what I've seen. He can hit the ball cleaned and very hard (free kick v StJonstone), has already a goal to his name yet has barely played. Also has a great pedigree and seems a fast strong player.

I think we don't have any striker that is undroppable or would weaken the team by not playing them. So it's more a why not, let him have a couple of games. He may be great and a natural goal scorer. If he's not, then go back to Stevenson and Dools. 18 of 22 goals have been scored from midfield and defence anyway.

We need a striker and we might have him sitting there already.

Stevenson has performed well of late in the striking role. But I think in general there is a consensus his best position is playing the 'Craigen' role behind a striker. I think he is the type of player that can drive forward and control attacks. That link we are often missing in games where our striker looks isolated.

As far as who plays the striker role, I think we as fans and a club want to promote youth and we also want to be a club that gives players that second chance that gets banded about. Much like we did with O'Donnel and Bannigan when they got punted from Celtic. I think Eccleston has potential from what I've seen. He can hit the ball cleaned and very hard (free kick v StJonstone), has already a goal to his name yet has barely played. Also has a great pedigree and seems a fast strong player.

I think we don't have any striker that is undroppable or would weaken the team by not playing them. So it's more a why not, let him have a couple of games. He may be great and a natural goal scorer. If he's not, then go back to Stevenson and Dools. 18 of 22 goals have been scored from midfield and defence anyway.

We need a striker and we might have him sitting there already.

I kind of agree

I see the young guy Wighton that scored against us has went on loan to Brechin, I thought he was their best player in the last game.

Saw him play at Firhill for their U20s and he was a stand out. Agree he played very well up at Dens. I still maintain, up until last Saturday anyway, that the first 45 mins against Dundee was the best we've played all season. While losing out in the second half was a lot down to our own fault, and we played half an hour a man down. there's no denying Wighton did much to earn Dundee a draw. He definitely changed the game when he came on as a sub at half time.

• Like 1

GGH, McGowan and possibly Thomson all out for the Dees tomorrow. Hopefully they will still have a go and our midfield can take control and lead us to victory.

My main worry would be if they come to sit in and try and nab a goal or two with Clarkson or Stewart on the break.

Overall we have been playing better with a bit more consistency, ironically considering the lack of Premiership back to back victories.

On Stevenson I'd disagree and feel he is leading the line well and like the County game brings others into play if they make the forwards into the box. I'd also have Christie in the starting line-up each week. Great assist for the opener up in Inverness subtely dnuck away by Ryan. You could argue he has showed more consistency than Higgy this season and his physique and never say die attitude has him above Lawless in my reckoning.

I can see us going against the grain and getting three points and forcing ourselves into the top 6 equation. I had similar confidence before the Killie game but I don't see Dundee being as negative as the original tractor drivers.

Partick Thistle 3 Dundee 0