Same Old Jags

CCJags

You think a seven point gap over three teams with five games left would be a weak position?

No , but, given the way we are playing ,I also think we are capable of losing at least three games after the split against teams that we haven't beat since November and that would put us in the sh1t.

If we continue with our current 1 win in ten form we wont be 7 points ahead. All it needs is St Mirren or Motherwell (who both recently beat us) to pick up their form and things wont be looking so Rosey.

Agreed. If form doesn't improve then we could find ourselves in trouble. I think they're capable of turning it around though, and the reason I probably seem persistently positive is that I think that the fans united behind the team and the manager would make this much more likely to happen. Panic and fear would be the worst possible reaction.

Yet another cave in and choke from the Jags today!!

Players, management and club deserve f@ck all if you never EVER learn from same mistakes and yet the players cannot see out another game.

I realise its a sour taste at this time but it's a joke we keep doing this and NEVER manage to reverse it.

They have a big problem now this season to survive imo.

Sincere question, where you at the game today?

Sore one for sure but on no account could anyone that watched that game could accuse the team of caving in!!

Lack of creativity and confidence in the final third yes but caving in from pressure no way. Listening to Paul Hartley after the game you could tell he knew his team were lucky to get one point never mind the three.

In the end you could say we were naive not to take the point. As much as it hurts that it went so wrong I was on the edge of my seat when Doolan drove forward, gutted he mistimed the pass, and angry and upset that Harkins had the chance to show his old class and create the chance.

Really depressing result particularily as we are on a poor run but an encouraging performance as we bossed that game and until the end looked like the only team capable of winning it. As we haven't even been in the last three matches then this was an improvement.

• Like 3

Funny how they both beat Thistle though?

I don't know what your point is. It's not just about games against them. The fact is we were 7 points ahead at the start of today. We are still 7 points ahead. They have had numerous occasions to take advantage of our slip ups, but haven't managed it consistently enough so far. I am not saying we are safe yet, but I would much rather be in our position just now than theirs. What about you ?

I'm with Barney boy on this too - been around for 40 years and seen it all but experience has always told me that even if we were 2 or 3 up with 10 minutes to play we could still scoop it and lose. Used to wish as a boy that Jags games were only 80 minutes long.

The recent momentum is indeed fairly negative with three losses on the bounce but the optimist in me says surely the lads can get their collective fingers out and do what's required before and after the split - we've got to be targeting to secure at least 9 points before the split from the games v County & Motherwell ... anything else before then would be a real bonus ... we're essentially 5 wins away from survival.

Sincere question, where you at the game today?

Sore one for sure but on no account could anyone that watched that game could accuse the team of caving in!!

Lack of creativity and confidence in the final third yes but caving in from pressure no way. Listening to Paul Hartley after the game you could tell he knew his team were lucky to get one point never mind the three.

In the end you could say we were naive not to take the point. As much as it hurts that it went so wrong I was on the edge of my seat when Doolan drove forward, gutted he mistimed the pass, and angry and upset that Harkins had the chance to show his old class and create the chance.

Really depressing result particularily as we are on a poor run but an encouraging performance as we bossed that game and until the end looked like the only team capable of winning it. As we haven't even been in the last three matches then this was an improvement.

lets be honest though because its Doolan he gets a slightly easier time of it. If it had been the usual scapegoats Stevenson craigen or Elliot they wouldn't have left dens park alive by some on here
  • Like 1

Yet another cave in and choke from the Jags today!!

Players, management and club deserve f@ck all if you never EVER learn from same mistakes and yet the players cannot see out another game.

I realise its a sour taste at this time but it's a joke we keep doing this and NEVER manage to reverse it.

They have a big problem now this season to survive imo.

Apologies to other posters as I've not gone past this one. Where was the "cave in" and "choke"?. Game was heading for a goalless draw. Close to the end we made a break. Undoubtedly we should've made more of it. We didn't and subsequent to that they made a similar break and scrambled a goal from it. That's not choking it or caving in. Just ******* poor football.

If you want to read something more psychological into what was just piss awful football feel free. Hey, maybe your reference to "they have a big problem" as opposed to "we have a big problem" is just a touch Freudian. :)

I think if anything about today is worthy of the tag "same old jags" it would be our inability to capitalise on when we're ahead. Tho' we were in no way brilliant we were still the better side in the first half, yet once again finished the half with nothing to show for it.

It's the same old story year after year and it has been for many years and I should know as I've been a Jags fan for 55 years now.

The great unpredictable TAG will be with us for years to come as we don't ever seem to be able to lose it! Great example is the 5-0

drubbing we gave the Accies then we go out on a live T.V game at home only to lose to St Midden 1-0,then we lose at home again

to Caley in the cup followed by the Celtic defeat at home and now a 1-0 defeat to Dundee. The Great Upredictables and Fixed Odds Busters!

Sigh! will it ever end?

Doolan walked off under us at the end. He looked like he didn't care.

We didnt lose because of Archie, Dundee's brilliance, or because the team choked.

We lost because Doolan couldn't play a simple pass.

Negatives did exist, for me these were O'Donnell's second half performance, our final ball repeatedly in first half, Stevensons idea that a corner should be a pass to the opposition goal keeper, and the fact Doolan looked a player several levels below Taylor.

I thought the team were set up well and played much better and those who care in the team must be hurting today

Doolan walked off under us at the end. He looked like he didn't care.

We didnt lose because of Archie, Dundee's brilliance, or because the team choked.

We lost because Doolan couldn't play a simple pass.

Negatives did exist, for me these were O'Donnell's second half performance, our final ball repeatedly in first half, Stevensons idea that a corner should be a pass to the opposition goal keeper, and the fact Doolan looked a player several levels below Taylor.

I thought the team were set up well and played much better and those who care in the team must be hurting today

I commented before the Hamilton game that Doolan must really be low in confidence.

Dropped from the striking berth for a guy, who by his own admission, doesn't like playing centre forward but needs must etc.

The manager, rightly or wrongly, always in the press saying we need another striker.

Doolan can see & hear this. He knows we play one up top (always it seems) so can you imagine how he feels.

He then comes in vs Hamilton. Gets 4 goals & confidence must be sky high again. Then you have the second half vs St Mirren when you're watching long balls go over your head.

We sign Taylor then bench him for ICT game but worse than that, Doolan benched also in favour if the guy who said he doesn't particularly like playing up top but.... Etc.

How low must his confidence be?

Could've been Elliott, Craigen, Taylor even Higgy that missed that chance yesterday. The whole team it seems is lacking in confidence.

That comes from the top (management) does it not?

Hamilton 1-2 late goals 3 points dropped

St Mirren 1-2 late penalty 1 point dropped

Hamilton 3-3 late goal 2 points dropped

Dundee 1-1 late goal 2 points dropped

Dundee 0-1 late goal 1 point dropped

A litany of offenses this season again. The team rarely, rarely plays to its capabilities.

There is a culture of bottling it at PTFC. We are the cuddly toy who will never punish a team but meekly lay down arms and chuck last gasp goals in our net.

A litany of offenses this season again. The team rarely, rarely plays to its capabilities.

There is a culture of bottling it at PTFC. We are the cuddly toy who will never punish a team but meekly lay down arms and chuck last gasp goals in our net.

Think Hamilton & the fake thistle might disagree with that statement.

You posted this on P&B first with the final line 'Would I be disappointed if Archibald left? Probably not. And strangely enough, I don't think he'd be too upset either.'

Why did you omit it on here?

I commented before the Hamilton game that Doolan must really be low in confidence.

Dropped from the striking berth for a guy, who by his own admission, doesn't like playing centre forward but needs must etc.

The manager, rightly or wrongly, always in the press saying we need another striker.

Doolan can see & hear this. He knows we play one up top (always it seems) so can you imagine how he feels.

He then comes in vs Hamilton. Gets 4 goals & confidence must be sky high again. Then you have the second half vs St Mirren when you're watching long balls go over your head.

We sign Taylor then bench him for ICT game but worse than that, Doolan benched also in favour if the guy who said he doesn't particularly like playing up top but.... Etc.

How low must his confidence be?

Could've been Elliott, Craigen, Taylor even Higgy that missed that chance yesterday. The whole team it seems is lacking in confidence.

That comes from the top (management) does it not?

Of course but theres no denying that Elliot, Craigen and Stevo would have been torn to shreds if they had. Doolan rightly or wrongly gets an easier time of it because of the length of time with the club and his 4 goals against Hamilton. That should not make him immune that he has been very very poor in the games he has played since that Accies game - and while some have questioned why Taylor has started ahead of him on present form Taylor looks at present more likely to score - though I am hoping Kris will see this as a challenge and give him the kick up the backside he needs to get back to the form he showed against Accies as he is presently nowhere near that form again

Of course but theres no denying that Elliot, Craigen and Stevo would have been torn to shreds if they had. Doolan rightly or wrongly gets an easier time of it because of the length of time with the club and his 4 goals against Hamilton. That should not make him immune that he has been very very poor in the games he has played since that Accies game - and while some have questioned why Taylor has started ahead of him on present form Taylor looks at present more likely to score - though I am hoping Kris will see this as a challenge and give him the kick up the backside he needs to get back to the form he showed against Accies as he is presently nowhere near that form again

I agree with what Third Lanark says here but also the service to the lone striker this season has been awful. For me this stems again from our midfield problems and not playing the ball through the middle on the deck enough.The insistence of getting the ball out wide to often doesn't help either. Upfront for the jags must be the loneliest place in football sometimes.

WHY WONT ARCHIE LISTEN TO ME.

• Like 2