Norgethistle

Too much made in the last few weeks about lack of goal celebrations. Only goals we've scored recently have been when we've already been two down. You don't get big celebrations in these situations.

In fact far too much has been read into all sorts of "signs" in recent weeks. Hopefully today shows that things at the club aren't as bad as everyone's been making out, and we can all move on.

Thankfully Erskine had one of his smelly games rather than one of his Pele games.

Nice reaction from the Thistle fans when he was substituted.

apart from one who spent half the game telling him he was a juan kerr.

there's always one.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Apologies if you're a long time advocate of starting the likes of Craigen, Elliott, Balatoni.

i personally would start booth seabourne and Stevenson before those 3 although h can't argue with today's line up and performance. My point was more we have severely lacked creativity in our last few games and have reverting to punting the ball up the park. With lawless and higgy starting our middle old always have some 1 to pass to and our link up play is better. IMO they are our 2 best players

Just repeating what others have said, but wanted to add my own tribute to magnificent energetic midfield performances by James Craigen, Stuart Bannigan and Abdul Osman.

One thing I noticed from having a better vantage point than in the usual end stand was how Abdul kept his eye on every high ball, timed his jump perfectly and won just about all his headers. Banzo drove forward incessantly and James was everywhere and won loads of tackles. We intercepted a lot of passes and generally were so much better in securing second balls than in recent weeks.

Whole team had obviously been briefed that Chris Erskine does not relish hard physical,challenges. Every time any one went for the ball with him, they got really stuck in!

i personally would start booth seabourne and Stevenson before those 3 although h can't argue with today's line up and performance. My point was more we have severely lacked creativity in our last few games and have reverting to punting the ball up the park. With lawless and higgy starting our middle old always have some 1 to pass to and our link up play is better. IMO they are our 2 best players

Could be argued that the team needs Craigen (or Fraser/Bannigan) in the attacking midfield role to allow the other two to play, and that when Stevenson plays that role we need another attacking midfielder who can cover defensively (e.g. Elliott for Lawless)

This will give much needed confidence to the players, and it may also give Archie enough confidence to field more attacking line ups. Perhaps the resolution of the McMillan saga helped to settle the squad, and let them focus on the main task in hand. Now looking forward to next Saturday.

What a bizarre thing to get upset about.

Wah wah wah, we haven't won two games in a row, wah wah wah.

I guess if we win next weekend the complaint can move on to not winning three games in a row and how incompetent that makes the club.

Can't let this chance escape for a great George Harrison link!:

• Like 1

Just repeating what others have said, but wanted to add my own tribute to magnificent energetic midfield performances by James Craigen, Stuart Bannigan and Abdul Osman.

One thing I noticed from having a better vantage point than in the usual end stand was how Abdul kept his eye on every high ball, timed his jump perfectly and won just about all his headers. Banzo drove forward incessantly and James was everywhere and won loads of tackles. We intercepted a lot of passes and generally were so much better in securing second balls than in recent weeks.

Whole team had obviously been briefed that Chris Erskine does not relish hard physical,challenges. Every time any one went for the ball with him, they got really stuck in!

I think it's more chris erskine does not like playing against the team he supports haha.

Although b his standards he has not been great recently I think Abdul is always prepared to put in a shift and never hides. I thought over the poor run of games he had been one of the better players. Delighted to see he was our captain yesterday

:thumbsup2:

Altho' he can get flustered and punt balls aimlessly on occasions I actually think Balatoni is the best centre half from a distribution point of view. Still prefer Seaborne all the same. Not so sure that Stevenson fits in when playing both Higgy and Lawless especially against teams that are quick on the break. On these occasions Craigen's energy probably trumps Stevo's skill.

:thumbsup2:

Altho' he can get flustered and punt balls aimlessly on occasions I actually think Balatoni is the best centre half from a distribution point of view. Still prefer Seaborne all the same. Not so sure that Stevenson fits in when playing both Higgy and Lawless especially against teams that are quick on the break. On these occasions Craigen's energy probably trumps Stevo's skill.

Seaborne copped a lot of flak last week and while it was deserved on the day, that was a rare poor game from him, so I was pretty surprised at the level of criticism aimed at him. I am more concerned about his constant injury problems to be honest. Archie has surprised us this season with some selections, but if everyone is fit, I can't see why he would want to change anything from yesterday's team for next weeks game.

Seaborne copped a lot of flak last week and while it was deserved on the day, that was a rare poor game from him, so I was pretty surprised at the level of criticism aimed at him. I am more concerned about his constant injury problems to be honest. Archie has surprised us this season with some selections, but if everyone is fit, I can't see why he would want to change anything from yesterday's team for next weeks game.

Agree with this. The idea that he deliberately tried to get sent off is nonsense

think seaborne is suspended for next weekend anyway going by this (page two)