Just In V St. Johnstone

The Sunnylaw Jag

Not really in yet but getting there. On the train to Wemyss Bay then a boat to Rothesay and I will be. Great performance today. Bannigan played well on the left and was very positive and worth his goal. Not sure who was upfront as Stevenson and Dools switched about a lot. Solid all round performance. Defence looked good too.

• Like 1

Vital 3 points and great team performance.

No failures today. Said at half time that so far it was between osman, Doolan and banningan for man of the match.

Banningan justly got it. Since the accies game I had at times been critical of Doolan and banningan but both outstanding and banningan as deserved man of the match will hopefully get a lot of confidence from that.

Abdul has been outstanding as captain and I hope seaborne has been taking note and doesn't just get the armband as soon as he is back as Abdul doesn't deserve to lose it.

Jeezo Thistle, you dont know what you're going to get.

The polar opposite of recent Firhill performances, Chased and harried St J throughout and played with huge effort and hunger.

The team had a good balance to it and the midfield in particular was excellent. , Banzo deserved his MoM award. The difference when he drives forward rather than sitting deep is immense and a peach of a strike for his goal too. Every player performed today , not one failure.We dug in and did the dirty stuff when it mattered and played good football when we could.

Good weekend results for us with a bit more distance from those below us.

Excellent all round, the difference between ourselves and St Johnstone was Bannigan. One of the best performances of a Thistle player this season. As others said, no failures. Could of been 4 or 5 at half time. Thought Stevenson was fantastic and really unlucky not to score in the first half.

Second half Dools, Lawless and Craigen cooled off a bit and would like to of seen the subs earlier but the team was steady and held on well so no complaints. Nice having a bench with real quality.

Very big win for us, the table is starting to look good and if we can maintain this lead for a couple more games then we will be all but safe.

Best thing about today was every player worked hard and looked hungry, but again, special mention to Banzo who has had some stick this season (from me included) but was superb and got the goal that killed it.

Fantastic result....every man gave all he had today...we were first to nearly every ball.

It summed it up when a few if us were trying to pick a MOM and there were too many candidates. I think Banzo just shaded it because if his goal.

More if the same next week please lads.

It's good to be us.

Great first 20 minutes and deserved to be 2 up if not more.

Game went a wee bit scrappy after that and st j missed a sitter at the end of the half. How they didn't score I don't know!

Every player worked hard and done the not so pretty stuff very well. They never really threatened in the second half and once the third went in it was very comfortable (not said that often with thistle!)

Great work for all the team and banzo deserved MOM.

Balatoni was brilliant at the back and great to see him on the score sheet.

Hopefully we can take this performance into next week. But it's thistle so you never know!!

Fantastic win and the points are vital given a tough run of games coming up. We could have easily scored more, we cut them open on several occasions.

Great to see Banzo back to his best today, he got up and down the park well and was ably assisted by Osman. Stuart deserved his man of the match award but had it went to Balatoni I would not have complained. He was excellent today and on this form undroppable. He looked so confident and if he keeps this form up he will be one of the first picks on the team sheet. Today’s performance could be a turning point for him.

I thought our movement was excellent throughout the game, SJ Johnstone really struggled to match the runs made by Doolan, Stevo and Lawless. Liked the fact the Stevo and Doolan kept switching positions.

The team put in a shift, I don't often feel comfortable watching Thistle even when they are 2-0 up but today there was only one winner, Stevie Lawless chased everything but strong performances all round. Just one negative when play was stopped (Thistle had the possession) as a St J player took a head-knock, play resumed and they didn't return the ball, shame on them.

As someone once said "it's a funny old game". Looking back at the expectations before the double header against Ross County, then Dundee United and St Johnstone games, I think we'd all have thought 6 points would be a good return. Like most of us on here I expected those points to come from the county games but as we all know, we lost those games and won for the first time in ages up at Tannadice then a convincing victory today. Same points total expected but gained the Thistle way.

Let's all be delighted with the result and the performance a real turnaround .... You can argue whether we wre great or they were poor but i can't remember the last time we beat them

Our inconsistency is the issue and needs to be addressed for next season

The only player s bit weak today for me was craigen

Great result, and we took advantage of resuts against those below us.

Standouts for me were Balatoni and Bannigan. Craigen did well and Doolan worked his socks off.

More of the same next week please.

P.S. I didn't realise til today how much of a moaning whingebag McFadden really is.