Other Players To Target -

Third Lanark

I wouldn't be surprised if Archie goes down south for most of his summer signings, but it might be easier to attract Scottish players now we're a bit more established.

I think of the Scottish list Vigurs would be an interesting signing. He's capable of great things, although I don't how well he'd fit in.

Gavin Reilly of QOTS strikes me as a decent option on the wings if we can't keep hold of Higgy and/or Lawless. I can't see Ainsworth signing for us but he could potentially be brilliant.

Brian Graham would do well, but pretty sure he's set for St Johnstone. I'd rather we had Taylor and Doolan as our two main strikers though.

As above posters have said McDonald from Falkirk would be a good signing. Also think Vigurs is worth looking at.

If we can sign Lyle Taylor and keep most of the players we have here a push for top six could happen next year.

Keeping Balatoni should also be high on Archie's list - he for me has been our best player since he has came back into the team. Our defensive record is the biggest reason for the upturn in our form. Big Frans, Sod and Booth also deserve praise but Conrad has been a rock at the back.

Keeping Osman, Lawless and Balatoni, I think is the priority along with doing a deal for Taylor. SOD is away and I am not sure if Higgy's heart is in remaining here.

Add McDonald (keeper) and scour England for decent full backs, assuming Booth goes back to Hibs, and I dont think we will be far away. Potentially Brian Graham and Jackson Irvine would be another couple of good squad additions.

I think we also need to look at our width and someone like the lad Watmore (not sure of the spelling) from Sunderland who was on loan at Hibs would also be a good addition.

Pretty sure Booth was told he wasn't getting a new deal with Hibs? I'd be happy with him at left back next season, he looks to have settled in quite well. Not sure where we'll get a right back from, but pretty certain we'll be getting the majority from England/Europe again.

If that was the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see Samson come here... Lives quite close to a couple of people at the club.

Really, really, really hope that isn't the case. Dreadful keeper IMO, certainly not an upgrade on what we already have.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

This could be a strange transfer window. Would be happy simply retaining the players we have. Osman, Lawless, Booth, Balatoni, Elliott (right back as O'Donnell off), Taylor, Fox and Craigen. The guys have proved they can play at this level and the team spirit is great. Higgy is an interesting one. This time last year we would be clamouring for his signature but stop/start season. Talent not in doubt just need to get his mojo back.

If we lose SOD (which I hope we don't) then I think we'll need a new right back. Not convinced that Christie is the answer in that position (though I like him and certainly hope he stays). Need back up anyway.

But I agree, re-signing the current squad should be the priority. I think squads always need one or two additions to keep things fresh, but generally I'd be very happy to carry this team into next season.