New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

A primarily white or black shirt would be great. We have a pretty colourful home shirt and a plainish away shirt would be a nice alternative. The new Liverpool white away shirt is a belter. Very stylish. Plain white with a wee bit of red and yellow trim would be just the job.

Likewise St Johnstone's new away strip is a belter.

Surprised at the colour as we already had a sky bluish away top not that long ago. Besides I just can't see why an away strip has to be so completely devoid of Jags colours. The perceived strength of the Shrigley logo will i suppose play a big part in whether the shirt sells or not.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Insipid but at least not the grey/pale blue version of a few years back.

Change strips are interesting - more-so nowadays for their commercial opportunities.

Personally I am so old that the navy blue was always my perceived Thistle "away" strip but times change - white, black, black with red/yellow, pale blue, grey, pink, pink and grey, the strange navy blue and grey vertical stripes thing.

Not particularly a fan of the pale blue but could be worse - although I never like to see the change strip being worn just for the sake of it - i.e televised games (I suspect the new strip might be seen at Hamilton for legitimate clash reasons but might sadly also make an appearance against Glasgow C. at Firhill for televisual purposes). <_<

How many other teams routinely release away kits without any sense of the team colours in it? All three of our Joma kits have had no red or yellow in them, neither did our last Puma shirt. Co-incidentally, the last good away kit we had was the black macb one with red and yellow in it.

Nice kit, but the one after that was spectacular. My favourite away kit ever.

partick.jpg

Don't like hoops. Blue wouldn't be my choice of away strip. Neither strip is calling me. :mellow:

However, I reckon the Joma gear is ok. For me the range is adequate, strips, trackie and some training gear. And the quality is decent, if not luxury. Maybe use another supplier for leisure-wear, fashion t-shirts, caps and scarfs etc... there must be some cool independents about Glasgow who'd do us a decent line, in subtle and not so subtle, cool, "ofeeshul theesell" t's, hoodies, sweaters and bunnets. Maybe taking a little inspiration from COPA if not making a firther approach to them for a partnership.... Retro rocks if done well.

How about a line of t-shirts with some choice pics from the "Who are the Jags players in this pic?" thread printed on the front....? reckon some of them with an inspiring bit of text would sell like ... hot pies & sludgey bovril?

My main gripe, as I'm sure is many others, is the colours of the trackie and training gear. Red black yellow and white, please!!!! grey pink and blue?!??!? ..... looks fine but it aint THISTLE. Playing and training gear should REPRESENT!!!! We're a well known Glasgow football team.....

:fan:

eta

eta

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 3