Lawless Betting Charge? (Who's Your Money On...)

If Partick Thistle are going to sack one player for breaking the rules, why aren't we going to sack another for breaking the rules?

The club took a long time over dismissing McMillan which implies there was a lot of discussion over what really happened then what could be done. So no one was jumping the gun about sacking then and no reason to now. Also other teams' players have been done for this and only gotten a few games ban. Unless he was part of some syndicate trying to fix games I don't see how his fault can be compared with McMillan's. On the face of it it seems less serious - but let's wait till the facts come out and judge then.

I don't think anyone should be sacked for taking drugs (within the limits of safety and responsibility that many jobs require).

I don't think footballers should be punished for putting bets on football.

I don't think one stupid rule should end one young man's career whilst another stupid rule means a different young man can have an early Summer holiday.

I don't think anyone should be sacked for taking drugs (within the limits of safety and responsibility that many jobs require).

I don't think one stupid rule should end one young man's career whilst another stupid rule means a different young man can have an early Summer holiday.

The difference is Drugs can be used to enhance performance that's why they're drug tested.

• Like 1

The difference is Drugs can be used to enhance performance that's why they're drug tested.

But not In most cases.

Just like betting can also affect a player's performance, and result in cheating. But not in most cases.

Just saying. But certainly don't go with any suggestion that Stevie should be punted. (Oops)

Do you know all the circumstances in both cases? If you do then fair enough, if you don't then I'm sure there are very good reasons for each decision

The club have obviously investigated and the fact the wee man played against Accies tells me they don't view it as such a serious "offence" as the powers that be do !! FFS a lot of us bet on football, horses etc. etc.. Personally don't see any harm in it as long as he doesn't bet in any Thistle game !!

The club have obviously investigated and the fact the wee man played against Accies tells me they don't view it as such a serious "offence" as the powers that be do !! FFS a lot of us bet on football, horses etc. etc.. Personally don't see any harm in it as long as he doesn't bet in any Thistle game !!

i've heard he always bets on us to win, and himself as anytime scorer

Edited by yoda-jag

Was about to post a link about the new sponsor thing but too late. I see it is £4mill over two years.If split across all teams equally (which it won't be -the SPFL themselves will take cut first) that would be c.£95K over two years. I doubt the club will see much more than £20-25K. Still with our finances every little bit helps.

513 matches since 2012

200+ matches this season.

Good going by anyone's standards.

Wonder if it was an accy placed at Ladbrokes.

In all seriousness though, & I've no doubt he's one that was 'unlucky' to be caught, to place that amount of bets this season after the Ian Black carry on is just plain stupid imo.

Guess we've seen the last of him for this season at least!