Jags Vs Accies

allyo

Is the prospect of a 3rd plastic pitch in the top league should QoS be promoted a daunting one? Would Killie, Qos and Hamilton have a built-in advantage?

Should we therefore want Killie relegated and either Hibs or The Rangers International plc team promoted? (the latter suggestion is purely rhetorical I hasten to add). Personally I don't like plastic pitches purely because the football played on them always seems less watchable and more prone to the odd freakish incident but icy, muddy, sandy or wet pitches are almost as bad so its a six and two threes as far as I am concerned.

................................................and of course we would welcome QoS into the top league wouldn't we?

I wonder what part (if any) the pitch played in today's injuries? I thought we played some nice football at times, but the high bounce and fast running pitch do not make for good football. They should be banned in the Premiership in my opinion

• Like 1

Charming! Tell us how you really feel.

It would get reported if I did Richard.

Verbally abused on way in by some charming inbred Lanarkshire Accies fans.

Made to wait forever on way in, missing start of match as they're too cheapskate to open more than one gate.

On way home we were crossing road; a car beeped at us and a "fan" gave us a delightful hand gesture.

Oh and did I mention how bad their pitch is?

No more £ from me Hamilton Academical.

On the plus side, I thought Higgy was great today, Lawless played well and Fraser oozed skill with some sublime passing :)

Considering we were up the other end, looked like a totally shitty goal to lose right at the end. Guy was totally unmarked at back post. We were the best side but they probably had the edge on clear cut chances, though if Lyle had buried that one in the first half I think things would be have been totally different. Great move that led to a great goal and some idiots that think O'Donnell won't be a major loss to our side are exactly that.....idiots!! It was like Holby City out there in the first half with all the injuries. Was sitting just behind Abdul (and maybe his dad) and Sean Welsh in the stand. Feel really sorry for Sean. A fully fit Sean Welsh would add so much to our side, but it looks like his Firhill career is probably over. Nice to keep the undefeated run going but that was definitely two points lost and probably 7th place as well.

Edited by Lindau

accies equalise , another late goal lost with 5 minutes or less to go

You actually had to edit that!!. FFS give us a break, the defence has been magnificent in the last two months but the minute they lose a goal in the last 5 minutes, the snipers are back on!

Considering we were up the other end, Looked like a totally shitty goal to lose right at the end. Guy was totally unmarked at back post. We were the best side but they probably had the edge on clear cut chances, though if Lyle had buried that one in the first half I think things would be have been totally different. Great move that led to a great goal and some idiots that think O'Donnell won't be a major loss to our side are exactly that.....idiots!! It was like Holby City out there in the first half with all the injuries. Was sitting just behind Abdul (and maybe his dad) and Sean Welsh in the stand. Feel really sorry for Sean. A fully fit Sean Welsh would add so much to our side, but it looks like his Firhill career is probably over. Nice to keep the undefeated run going but that was definitely two points lost and probably 7th place as well.

All about opinions, not fussed if SOD goes but would prefer to keep if he has the capacity to develop further. If not let him go we lost a better right back in McMillan and nobody really batted an eye lid. SOD can't defend properly so if he goes we might lose a bit going forward but we should be more secure at the back.

It would get reported if I did Richard.

Verbally abused on way in by some charming inbred Lanarkshire Accies fans.

Made to wait forever on way in, missing start of match as they're too cheapskate to open more than one gate.

On way home we were crossing road; a car beeped at us and a "fan" gave us a delightful hand gesture.

Oh and did I mention how bad their pitch is?

No more £ from me Hamilton Academical.

On the plus side, I thought Higgy was great today, Lawless played well and Fraser oozed skill with some sublime passing :)

I too made my way to my hamilton local I was also beeped by a f*nny in a red audi a3 who suggested that I like to pleasure myself. What is funnier is that I took his reggy number and shall be looking for this cretinous c*nt in all future tanning lounge car parks in the town so that I can key a huge knob sign on his driver door.

It's a shame a family oriented club has a large element of fan dan supporters who don't really care about football and are more interested in shouting abuse or as hard as nails driving past you at 40mph. Hence why if thistle ever went to the wall, accies would be one of the last clubs I could go watch despite being 5 mins drive away.

Anyway to the game, end of season stuff. Very boring. Nowt to tell.

I wonder what part (if any) the pitch played in today's injuries? I thought we played some nice football at times, but the high bounce and fast running pitch do not make for good football. They should be banned in the Premiership in my opinion

From the BBC website - Mikey planted his leg and felt something in his knee, so he's quite uncomfortable," said Martin Canning.

And Jags managerial counterpart Alan Archibald added: "Ryan caught his knee in the turf and thinks [it] locked."

Looks like the surface may well have had a bearing. Hope both players recover quickly

That pitch is terrible, I don't think it was a coincidence there were constant injuries in the first half. Seemed a bit better after they watered it, but still not great. Shouldn't be in use. Kinda want to see Killie go down so that we don't have to play on theirs next season.

That pitch is terrible, I don't think it was a coincidence there were constant injuries in the first half. Seemed a bit better after they watered it, but still not great. Shouldn't be in use. Kinda want to see Killie go down so that we don't have to play on theirs next season.

The point I was making is I don't want to watch football played on a synthetic pitch and certainly every two weeks would be too much for me.

I also happen to think your comments are valid. If the more senior of players can't train on such surfaces it's no giant leap in logic to suggest that there's physical difficulties playing on them as well. All that to me is secondary. Even if they were the most pleasant of surfaces to play on and the players thought they were hunky dory it still wouldn't matter. To me watching football played on plastic pitches is wildly inferior.

Just watched the highlights on Youtube. Some more than decent chances for both sides. Our goal came out of some patient build-up play between SOD and Higgy. Their goal --- just sloppy defending at a corner. Is it SOD? Whoever it is won't feel too clever.

I wonder if Taylor's sky rocket has started to come down yet!

You weren't the "fat speccy b*st*rd" were you, Sinistar? Not that I thought he/you was/were fat?

Wasn't me DP; sounds like another Jags fan getting the Hamilton Accies welcome. We were walking down the pathway from the train station to the ground. What made it worse was I was with my son.

I too made my way to my hamilton local I was also beeped by a f*nny in a red audi a3 who suggested that I like to pleasure myself. What is funnier is that I took his reggy number and shall be looking for this cretinous c*nt in all future tanning lounge car parks in the town so that I can key a huge knob sign on his driver door.

It's a shame a family oriented club has a large element of fan dan supporters who don't really care about football and are more interested in shouting abuse or as hard as nails driving past you at 40mph. Hence why if thistle ever went to the wall, accies would be one of the last clubs I could go watch despite being 5 mins drive away.

Ha Ha, brilliant Kenny! Probably the same sad little cretin. Give him one for me, do :-)

The point I was making is I don't want to watch football played on a synthetic pitch and certainly every two weeks would be too much for me.

I also happen to think your comments are valid. If the more senior of players can't train on such surfaces it's no giant leap in logic to suggest that there's physical difficulties playing on them as well. All that to me is secondary. Even if they were the most pleasant of surfaces to play on and the players thought they were hunky dory it still wouldn't matter. To me watching football played on plastic pitches is wildly inferior.

Completely agree with Lady Isobel, absolutely spot on. I get all the pros of having an artificial pitch, but as a paying punter I don't want to watch football getting played on them. So much so, I've decided to no longer attend away games to grounds with artificial pitches next season (unless it's a must win Jags game.)

Am still seething at Hamilton's one gate open for away fans yesterday. We went to a lot of trouble to travel there, including an all round the houses magical mystery tour replacement rail bus service. Bus driver didn't know where he was going so it took twice as long. We arrived 10 minutes before k/o but we missed 15 minutes of the game due to the queue to get in. The steward outside told us this was a regular occurrence for all their home games. Amateur Accies.