Players Released

Fawlty Towers

Disappointed to see Craigen depart. He had really grown on me and was a great player to have in the squad. More than capable of playing at this level. I suspect there may be substance to the long standing rumour that he will be plying his trade at Easter Road next season.

• Like 1

Ditto. Took a lot of unwarranted criticism on here, but the guy never failed to give 100% for the red n yella. His goal against Morton will never be forgotten. Think it's more likely he has told Archie he wouldn't be signing on again and as a result he has been freed!

• Like 1

Thanks to them all for their service in particular James.

I can only think the Hibs rumours are possibly true. May not be the greatest footballer we ever had but someone who loved playing for the jersey completely gave his all and a gent on and off the field. Like Stevenson and Elliot the guy had been unfairly labelled a scapegoat. Hibs are clearly reversing their policy now as over the last 10 years they have had some billy big time wasters with honking attitudes. Here they are getting a real trier with an excellent attitude

Was surprised to see Craigen leave aswell as he had been a regular the latter part of the season then didn't get back in the team after he got sent off vs Celtic. I think it's the right decision though, time to freshen up the team, I know we've had our best year in the SPL in donkeys but its become a bit predictable. It will be interesting to see what happens with Welsh,I'd love to see him back, I know he's still contracted but we won't be the first team to release an injury prone guy, we obviously can't afford to piss away £6/7/800 a week.

Edited by jags on tour

Sad to see him go.

Don't follow the logic of releasing him just because he has something else lined up. Isn't he under 24, so we would be due something? The conclusion must be he wasn't in the plans for next year and releasing him now is just to make it easier for him to get something fixed up sooner.

Sad to see him go.

Don't follow the logic of releasing him just because he has something else lined up. Isn't he under 24, so we would be due something? The conclusion must be he wasn't in the plans for next year and releasing him now is just to make it easier for him to get something fixed up sooner.

Or it could be that he has definitely rejected our offer as he has something lined up. Of course that may show we weren't prepared to give him a better contract, that he wasn't on our "A" priority list. I also wonder if we've made this decision before the end of the season to free up money for a signing - or re-signing.

Re Sean Welsh. I wonder if the club might offer him a player-coach position. That way if his injury problems continue he could still contribute. But there would still have to be a decent chance he could play a bit and make a worthwhile contribution on the coaching side (which I suspect he could).

echo what's been said about jimmy, he always gave his all, was often a underrated and undervalued member of the squad and team by many whenever he featured. sad to see him go. was very much a typical partick thistle player. he'll no doubt come back to haunt us, but like players like the bridge, wish him well and future success in the game.

Bit surprised at this, think our form changed when he was put back in the team at Tannadice when we won 2 nil , IMO you needs players like Craigen with a work ethic , fitness etc to let your flair players play . I also think the learning curve that JC has been on in the last 3 years has been huge and he has improved every year . All the best Jimmy for the future and thanks for the memories ( Morton goal especially )

• Like 1

He had been offered one year but wanted more games.

Fair enough - we couldn't possibly gaurantee him more games.

As much as I like him as a person and a player and would've definitely kept him as a squad player, it's quite exciting now that he's gone as I feel we'll now bring in a midfielder - something I wasn't sure we needed if he re-signed. So that'll be mildly entertaining.