Kris Boyd

Personally I say no but worrying news reaches me tonight from good source via a Rangers supporting chum that we are in discussions. Surely Archie has more brains than to waste our limited budget on Mr Boyd. Really doesn't make sense when Boyd is probably the striker currently unattached who is least suited to Archie's horrible 1 up front/5-5-0 system.

Edited by The Legend Blows

I remember hearing we were in for Boyd in our first season back up and I believe he commented a few months after signing for Kilmarnock that he wished he'd signed for us instead.

Never been a big fan, but in the right team and a stone lighter than he is now, he will score goals.

I'd probably take him, especially if we can't get Taylor, but doubt we could afford him. Even if we could it would be a risk.

Doesn't seem like an Archie type player to me though.

Personally I say no but worrying news reaches me tonight from good source via a Rangers supporting chum that we are in discussions. Surely Archie has more brains than to waste our limited budget on Mr Boyd. Really doesn't make sense when Boyd is probably the striker currently unattached who is least suited to Archie's horrible 1 up front/5-5-0 system.

Are you not usually a bit of a wind up merchant on here mate? Il take the Boyd rumour witha huge inch of salt mate ;-)

I cannot imagine a fat lard who decided to take the easy money at Ibrox would choose to shift the extra pounds necessary and put in a proper shift at Firhill.

He'd float about like a lump of bread on the Nolly, depriving actual players picking up a wage.

No broke-down worn out old clappers at Firhill, thanks.

I feel it would be preferable if Archie was to first sign players that would be likely starters and can play the best part of ninety minutes before bringing in squad players. Always assuming we re-sign him I think bringing in Boyd would be a bit of a slap in the face for Chris Duggan.

Haven't seen him play, but is Duggan really going to be good enough for a chance in the first team? He didn't make any impact in lower league Scottish football, at least in terms of goalscoring.

yes he saved killie season before last and always been a constant thorn in our side.. if he stays fit he would score, all time top scorer after all

He's only gotten fatter and slower since he was at Kilmarnock, and managed a whole three goals in a league lower than ours last season.

To stay fit he'd have to get fit to start with.