Kris Doolan

Barney Rubble

A big difference when comparing Dools to other past strikers that he has played mainly up front himself when in the past all the others mentioned had a real strike partner.

Bone had Coulston, Somner had Craig , Melrose had McAdam, Mojo had ,erm, Tony Higgins, Gerree had Geordie.

I think its difficult to compare him to these guys because of this.

Strikers are judged on goals a season in the top flight and I think he needs to up his tally a wee bit to be a real great, imho but if we can give him the service he;ll get there.

A cracking player for us.

Also honourable mentions to Marko and Rodeee.

Kris Doolan doesn't need to justify himself to anyone at all.

80 goals in 250 games qualifies him as a Jags legend already.

Not only that, but he is THE Jags legend of this century to date.

• Like 1

Doolan this is the guy who has had to bide his time warming the bench this season

And his attitude is perfect, responds to being on the bench this season the way you would hope, does his best for the team when called on and scores and doesn't chuck his toys out....was similar when he and Lyle were fighting it out for the striker role last two seasons.

Echo all the positive statements around Kris - love the guy. My only criticism is that in some games he gets lost / can on occasion be ineffective, often through the service being given to him, I guess if he was a world beater all of the time he'd be at a higher level. Definite hero of the recent past...favourite goal for me is the tap in from the cup final at Almondvale a few yrs ago - crowd went nuts.

I do love the way he can trap a ball with that left peg...

There are two absolute spanners who sometimes sit in front of me at Firhill who huff and puff whenever Dools touches the ball. What is even more infuriating is that they sometimes have two youngsters with them who are being "educated" in football by two complete and utter melons, and mirror their bizarre discontent at the best goalscorer in recent Jags history. Absolute fuds.

Anyway, long live King Dools. Get a new contract in front of him before Christmas. There's not many strikers at our level who guarantee you double figures every season - and that's despite being excluded at the expense of patently inferior players for spells.

He's almost out of picture at the start of the move but it looked to me like a Killie player on the other side of the penalty area was just playing him on. As you say it's difficult to be certain with them not giving you much of an alternative angle.

It looked quite similar to the ICT goal last week

• Like 1

A big difference when comparing Dools to other past strikers that he has played mainly up front himself when in the past all the others mentioned had a real strike partner.

Bone had Coulston, Somner had Craig , Melrose had McAdam, Mojo had ,erm, Tony Higgins, Gerree had Geordie.

I think its difficult to compare him to these guys because of this.

Strikers are judged on goals a season in the top flight and I think he needs to up his tally a wee bit to be a real great, imho but if we can give him the service he;ll get there.

A cracking player for us.

Also honourable mentions to Marko and Rodeee.

Mojo also had Kenny MacDowall (and for that matter George Clark) - and for all MacDowall's faults he was an excellent foil for Johnston (and George Clark was hugely under-estimated in my opinion).

• Like 2

Have been disappointed when a few players have left over the years - Erskine, ATS and O'Donnell being recent examples. Most frustrating was Erskine as he went to a rival club. Would be devastated if Dools were to leave but even more so if it was to one of our loss making rivals paying wages they can't afford. (like Gary Harkins)

Have been disappointed when a few players have left over the years - Erskine, ATS and O'Donnell being recent examples. Most frustrating was Erskine as he went to a rival club. Would be devastated if Dools were to leave but even more so if it was to one of our loss making rivals paying wages they can't afford. (like Gary Harkins)

Aye but yon Calum Melville effectively kept us from being put into administration by HMRC. Just a few weeks later he refused to sanction the signing of Bob Harris. Would be a whole different thingy if we were to allow a true professional, a label that couldn't be laid at Harkins door, walk away from Firhill or leave for some derisory sum.

• 2 weeks later...