Kris Doolan

Barney Rubble

His contract expires end of season and he'll be 29. Can we not just stop dicking about as a club and get this guy a new contract offer. Minimum 2 year extension, but based on his general excellent fitness and lack of injuries, let's make it 3 and a testimonial in 2019.

Difficult to believe that Dools is 29. The energy he put in today looked closer to 10 years younger. Totally agree with the above - get him under contract, testimonial, and let's salute the legend that is El Meerkat.

His contract expires end of season and he'll be 29. Can we not just stop dicking about as a club and get this guy a new contract offer. Minimum 2 year extension, but based on his general excellent fitness and lack of injuries, let's make it 3 and a testimonial in 2019.

Agreed..and whilst we are at it induct him in as (the first?) a current playing legend in the Hall of Fame.

I think we need to be getting Dools signed up pronto. In just over 4 months time he can sign for another team and that would not be clever on our part if we allowed that situation to happen.

He came back into the team after 20 minutes on Wednesday night and was superb and carried that on yesterday,he is the best player we have or have had recently at playing the lone striker role.

Without dredging up LT again, I don't think he would have scored either of the goals Dools scored yesterday.

in some ways he reminds me of frank coulston (another vastly underrated player beyond firhill ) who had a similar games/goals ratio - a quiet assassin. although frank c did enjoy the benefit of having jimmy bone at his shoulder whereas kris d is very much on his own up front...

let's not muck about.

six years playing contract, then another two or three as player-coach, then he'll be ready to be manager til he decides to retire from football.

his vision, first touch, awareness, is a joy to behold and watch on days like saturday there.

singing he's no a killie, he's a jag. thank phuk.

I think that his brace on Saturday moves him above Frank Coulston, Dennis McQuade and Johnny Baantyne in the all time scorers.

Alex Stott, Alex Wright, Tommy Ewing and Dougie Somner in his sights before the end of the season

Anyone know how many goals in total now for Thistle? And last player to score as many? Surely top scorer now in the last 20 years?

I think overall he may be my favourite ever Jags player.

Plucked from relative obscurity but has grown into probably the most underrated striker in the Premiership. His touch, first few yards of movement and finishing on the whole are superb.

His attitude is so refreshing in this day and age, he has taken on challenges by so many strikers in his time with us and quite often played second fiddle to them at times but has never looked to complain or moan about this. He takes his chance and near enough every time reminds us just how good he is.

I had the pleasure of being in his company for a few hours last season and a more humble, polite and appreciative footballer you will struggle to find. He loves our club, probably more than any player in my time following Thistle (maybe Lennon?). He may not theatrically kiss the badge or dramatically applaud the crowd after all games but his understated appreciation will be known to all who have spoken to him.

I would love him to stay until a testimonial and continue to climb the all time scorers table.

• Like 11

• 2 months later...

over in china, they have king kazu.

here in maryhill, we have king kris.

will we, in twenty years from now, be seeing deadly dools signing contract extension for another season and still banging in the goals in a jags top at the same age kazu is now?

go on dools, there's something to aim for, so you're only just under seven years into your jags playing career, only twenty one years to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34787804

ET article on King Dools.

“Mathias and I are two totally different players and are in total contrast to each other..."

Aye, one is great and the other is rank - add tact to Dools' list of qualities.

Without this descending into fanboy adulation, Doolan should be club captain without any shadow of doubt. He's our longest serving player (Scully aside, I believe), a model professional, never complains when he's left out of the side at the expense of patently inferior players, is the best goalscorer in recent history and as Derby Jag said above, is a great ambassador who loves playing for Thistle.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 5

Would absolutely love him to stay on and get a testimonial. But there will definitely come a point where the guy thinks, "enough is enough, I could go elsewhere and play every week".

If Ayr get promoted I would fully expect McCall to come looking for him. He's from Ayrshire anyway so the move would suit him down to the ground.