V Rangers Of The East

Veejag

Could have sworn Osman's header from the late corner and Doolan's follow up were both on target, but too little, too late by then anyway. Poor performance by the team and team selection was wrong I reckon. May have been dictated by the injuries Lawless and Osman had in the week, but Fraser looked lost wide right. He pinged a couple of great cross field balls but other than that couldn't get in to the game.

Why does Amoo not have the confidence to run at defenders? The one time he ran at Paterson he skinned him, then never tried it again. McDaid caused more problems in the short time he was on the park. Should be given a start against Falkirk.

Lack of money is no excuse for lack of desire, lack of ambition or lack of effort.

This is spot on BC.

Stevenson, Amoo, Fraser and Bannigan were all poor and/or lethargic. There are no hiding places at venues like tynecastle.

Gary Miller doesn't look anywhere near good enough.

If we can't afford new players, that's fine but the least we expect is effort, commitment and graft.

Ryan giving us the look of death at having a go, then he claps the hearts fans on the way off? Away and get another tattoo ya work shy cart horse

Edited by brodieboy
  • Like 2

This is spot on BC.

Stevenson, Amoo, Fraser and Bannigan were all poor and/or lethargic. There are no hiding places at venues like tynecastle.

Gary Miller doesn't look anywhere near good enough.

If we can't afford new players, that's fine but the least we expect is effort, commitment and graft.

Ryan giving us the look of death at having a go, then he claps the hearts fans on the way off? Away and get another tattoo ya work shy cart horse

Wasn't at the game today and been one of his biggest fans last season. But that is a disgrace to behave like that.should be fined and his backside kicked heavily. Hang your head in shame Ryan

How was Amoo does he look like he's getting a lot better and adding more options to the team?

Anyone know what is wrong with Pogba just now?

Wasn't at the game today and been one of his biggest fans last season. But that is a disgrace to behave like that.should be fined and his backside kicked heavily. Hang your head in shame Ryan

How was Amoo does he look like he's getting a lot better and adding more options to the team?

Anyone know what is wrong with Pogba just now?

Amoo looks well short of confidence. McDaid actually looked brighter when he came on. I'd start with the same team we finished with on Tuesday night

Cerny ok Maybe could've done more at 1st goal

Booth ok but average at best

Miller ok

Frans ok

Seaborne ok

Fraser wasted on right

Bannigan overrun and surprised he avoided a booking

Stevenson waste of space today

Welsh Earlyish booking and ineffective

Amoo Totally useless on left.

Doolan Again ineffective but no service and lumped high balls not gonna trouble any defence.

Archibald is a tactical buffoon. After 20 mins it was obvious Amoo should be switched to right and we also needed to change the delivery to Doolan. Amoo made it to the right side of pitch once in the 1st hour. Constantly cutting in from left and useless. Cannot understand why he couldn't see this. Outcome may have been the same but you never know. Frustrating as we gifted an average Hearts team 3 points today.

SoD is our biggest loss by a mile. He supplied the wide players and forward with loads of ball. The lack of chances we are creating and shots on target is really worrying. It's still eary days however and we have a could core of players still at the club.

Can I say the unsay-able and suggest the midfield isn't as functional with Welshy in it despite his good individual performance.

• Like 2

Having only lost to hearts and Celtic, I don't see the reason for so much negativity. Disappointing start ,aye, but I haven't seen anything this season that suggests we'll be any worse off than our other seasons in this league. Need a win.

I've seen plenty to be depressed about.

2 goals scored in 5 games, 2 clean sheets, little support from midfield, little number of chances created, poor set pieces, lack of confidence, poor discipline, poor signings to replace the players we lost (not including Cerny within that).

How long will the "early days" excuse be trotted out?

We made Hearts look like world beaters today. They were more direct and aggressive than we were, but that was because we stood off them at every opportunity and made them look good. Too much timid mince in that team - Amoo, Banzo (which I never thought I'd say) and Stevenson all were outmuscled or left for dead by a decent Hearts team. Doolan got zero service and Cerny had little else to do but pick the ball out the net three times - oh, yes: he saved the penalty only for a Hearts player to wander into the area and score the rebound.

Sorted to a greater or lesser extent for Tuesday, bit more importantly next Saturday please.

• Like 2

I wonder if any of those that were quick to lambast Higgy last week and were there to witness that effort from Stevenson still have the same opinion, or would you have welcomed some of the desire and fight Higgy put in from Stevenson today? I certainly would have welcomed it rather than that limp uninterested effort he put in today.

• Like 1

Must say I was disgusted by Stevenson's performance today- perhaps he should remember it is Partick Thistle who pay his wages and not Hearts! Amos performance was nearly as bad, he looks totally lacking in confidence and his ability is severely in question!

Overall as much as we played well last week we simply never competed today and seemed happy to stand off and admire the Hertz, who although decent were certainly no world beaters.

They were better than us however and by some considerable distance!

Firstly, if you lose too players like Lawless and Osman, clearly it's an uphill battle. Hearts are a good outfit, apart from Celtic, that's as good a first 45 i've seen from the opposition.

At this stage, we are 2 points off where we should be imo. I leave the hand wringing to the usual suspects. There's enough off them . Shown up as ill informed, petulant mugs around February when we turned it around.

As for Stevenson, are you lot cutting and pasting from this time last season? The guy had an op. He's clearly still not himself.

The abuse towards him by some so called Thistle fans( who then left early after questioning his committment) was nothing short of disgraceful.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

At this stage, we are 2 points off where we should be imo. I leave the hand wringing to the usual suspects. There's enough off them . Shown up as ill informed, petulant mugs around February when we turned it around.

Agreed - seem to remember 2 years ago on our first season back in the top league we couldn't buy a home win and were playing lovely stuff with no cutting edge yet somehow we not only survived but thrived and were pushing for 7th or 8th place on last day.

Saw some nice stuff today but final third was an issue - keep the faith results will come.

• Like 1

Think it's fair to say Ryan didn't endear himself to many thistle fans today...fairly anonymous, gave it away when he had it, put it out when we were breaking for an injury to their player then gave a glare when most in red n yellow wanted us to attack then did a lap of honour n clapped the hearts fans when he was hooked...

I left with two mins to go but at least I turned up unlike most of hour team today...

It's gonna b a long season

• Like 1

I don't understand why we've had such a slow start. The players had the summer off so should be all rested and fully fit and raring to go.

Two of our first 5 opening games have been against 2 "big" teams, so the players should be well up for them and raise their game.

Another game was against a team we totally owned in the league last season.

Any ideas?

One of the biggest disappointments today was Frans. I hate to see players passing to other players who are in a worse position. On quite a few occasions, and in the first half particularly, he gave the ball to Miller who did well not to lose it completely. It wasn't a case of players not making space either but more Frans pondering over the ball and releasing it far too late. Gotta feeling the Frans/Seaborne centreback pairing might not be the best we have available. The faster feet of Hendry may well have better complimented Seaborne, who I doubt is fully fit yet. And I think Frans looks more composed alongside Lindsay.

Can go on about the likes of Amoo and Stevenson not turning up but the biggest culprits today were the back four as a unit. They weren't moving the ball about at any pace whatsoever. The midfielders in turn have to go looking for it thus leaving Doolan even more isolated. We're by far at our best when we build from the back, zipping the ball about at pace.

btw I think we'll find Bannigan can be excused, partly at least, for giving away the penalty. Thought he was wrong footed due to Amoo and maybe Booth not putting in a tackle outside the box.

Only consolation I can take from today was we were only beaten 3-0.

Hmmm. An interesting bit of perspective from LIB. To date this season we haven't played with a settled defence because of red cards. Today (like for Killie's second goal) we got all fankled up from a corner, then Banzo had to cover for their second goal and cocked it up and then both Frans and Seabiscuit looked like weans for the third. Start at the back with some defenders who know each other's game and then build on that.

Gregg Watson and Conrad were both at Tynie today, by the way....

There was no pass marks today, we looked like a team that lacked confidence and were frightened by the speed that they passed the ball and worked off it. Agree too often we played the wrong pass putting a team mate in trouble or were too ponderous and closed down quickly.

Can't agree about Bannigan though he is too often rash and ends up being a liability, he gave away the penalty through his insistence to go to ground wrecklessly and cost the third goal dwelling on the ball. He isn't young anymore and needs to learn from his mistakes which he doesn't seem to be doing.