Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle; Saturday 26 September Fir Park

jagfox

The change brought about by bringing on two strikers was obvious. Unfortunately, as is usual by now, it was too late. Expect a lone striker for the first 80 minutes or so next time, too. :-(

Along with Welsh, Osman & Bannigan in the midfield.

It doesn't work but hey, it's not Archie's fault.

Was willing to give him to after the DU game but after today, naw!!

Go please.

Shoehorning him pals Welsh and Stevenson, previously, into the team regardless of form has been pretty disgraceful.

Welsh barely played last season and I didn't see stevenson shoehorned into the team today. If anyone should be getting criticism then it's our deserved player of the year last season but so far complete failure as captain this season- Oman - he's not a kid and should know Partick Thistle captain is someone who wears the badge with prides, leads the team, encourages the rest of the team at every turn and is the proudest player on the park. You may seek to put the blame on certain people but so far this season Abdul is putting in the unthinkable reasons why a PTFC captain should've dropped

Well I have to say that Archie needs to go. He really should stand down and if he doesn't he should be sacked.

Yes we may change manager and we may still end up in the championship but continuing with Archie looks like we will definitely end up in the championship.

Really didn't understand why we only started to show fight and play decent after 75 mins when we were 2-0 down. Really baffling and frustrating!

Oh and please can someone tell Welsh to stop trying to shot. He's hopeless at it. He never connects with the ball right let alone get it on target. Absolutely hopeless!

Nisbet did very well when he came on. His movement created space for Booth and Lawless and he reacted well to get off a shot that cracked the post. He can't be far off a start. That's the best I've seen from Amoo, but he has to shake the Thistle disease and drive into the box instead of turning back on himself. He could learn a lesson from Ainsworth. Yet again he showed how nervous defences look when confronted with direct, pacey attackers.

• Like 1

Archie don't let this board sack you these players are not doing enough call it a day and see how they do with someone else they are not performing leave with your head up cause these fkrs are not pulling there weight your a good boss
You see, this is what being a managers all about. If he cant get the players to play, then his management skills must be brought into question.

Can't be bothered reading this thread as I know what it will say, but I didn't think we played too badly today and thought us unlucky to lose. Hit the post a couple more times- had 8 shots to their 1 at half time. Made a few decent openings. Unfortunately, we now seem to be in a wee bit of rut. Hopefully, we can get out of it next week.

Awful from the management team today. Completely losing faith in Archies. To start with the same formation and almost the same team selection that has failed us all season was mind boggling .

All the changes were made far too late.No tempo or urgency utill we pulled the goal back , utter sh1te.Welsh and Banzo just doesn't work, way to many sideways passes.Welsh's return has made us worse .

I said last week I would greet if Archie wheeled out the same p1sh again and he did.

There is a decent squad of players there but we will be stranded at the bottom all season because the manager is being so dogmatic.

Awful from the management team today. Completely losing faith in Archies. To start with the same formation and almost the same team selection that has failed us all season was mind boggling .

All the changes were made far too late.No tempo or urgency utill we pulled the goal back , utter sh1te.Welsh and Banzo just doesn't work, way to many sideways passes.Welsh's return has made us worse .

I said last week I would greet if Archie wheeled out the same p1sh again and he did.

There is a decent squad of players there but we will be stranded at the bottom all season because the manager is being so dogmatic.

Funnily enough I was thinking last night that it maybe isn't a coincidence that trying to shoehorn Welsh into a balanced midfield has coincided with a horrid run of results.

Funnily enough I was thinking last night that it maybe isn't a coincidence that trying to shoehorn Welsh into a balanced midfield has coincided with a horrid run of results.

There's no coincidence about it.Banzo and Osman have been rotten since Welsh's return. There is no forward drive from the middle. Welshy must have played a hundred sideways passes today. We need big changes for next week. Dools is offering hee haw up front too. Big changes for next week in both personnel and formation or it's night ,night for Archie.

Just back from Motherwell. Bad result but we deserved better. Remember the highlights above is from the Motherwell site!! Not going to get involved in the stupidity that goes on here, but maybe if the usual people that start posting one minute after the game finishes, calling for the managers head, attended the game and supported the club, when it badly needs everyone pulling in the same direction, we might end up in a better place. Spoke to loads of Well fans in the Electric last night and everyone of them said that we are far better than a lot of the teams they have seen at Fir Park this season. Yip, the table doesn't lie and we are in an awful position just now, but just one bit of luck, could change our season. The next three games will determine our season, especially next week, so for all the ones that just love to post a minute after the game finishes, telling us how shite we were and that the manager must go, why not go along next Saturday and do what supporters are meant to do.....support your club!! As I said not getting involved with all the nonsense on here this season. That's my take on things. Have a good day!

Just as an extra, we look like we have done a great bit of business getting young Kevin signed up for three years. He looks like he is going to be a real find!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Just back from Motherwell. Bad result but we deserved better. Remember the highlights above is from the Motherwell site!! Not going to get involved in the stupidity that goes on here, but maybe if the usual people that start posting one minute after the game finishes, calling for the managers head, attended the game and supported the club, when it badly needs everyone pulling in the same direction, we might end up in a better place. Spoke to loads of Well fans in the Electric last night and everyone of them said that we are far better than a lot of the teams they have seen at Fir Park this season. Yip, the table doesn't lie and we are in an awful position just now, but just one bit of luck, could change our season. The next three games will determine our season, especially next week, so for all the ones that just love to post a minute after the game finishes, telling us how shite we were and that the manager must go, why not go along next Saturday and do what supporters are meant to do.....support your club!! As I said not getting involved with all the nonsense on here this season. That's my take on things. Have a good day!

Just as an extra, we look like we have done a great bit of business getting young Kevin signed up for three years. He looks like he is going to be a real find!

Why is McDonald's goal not chopped off for s blatant push on Frans?

Why is McDonald's goal not chopped off for s blatant push on Frans?

Exactly, we were right in line with that in the main stand and we couldn't believe it...it was blatant. Didn't help that Frans made nothing of it though. We just aren't getting any breaks at all.....thought we could easily have had a penalty in the first half as well