Kilmarnock Away

Big Dave

I recall Bobby Geddes taking a goal kick and the wind carried it out for a Thistle corner :lol:

3-2 Thistle. Three up at half time with wind behind us.

Hard to believe that game was almost 25 years ago now. I thought we were 1-2 down at half time and only won because we had scored against the wind. According to this article though it was 2-2 at half time: http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/april_2014/kilmarnock_vs_partick_thistle_one_from_the_archives_1

Hard to believe that game was almost 25 years ago now. I thought we were 1-2 down at half time and only won because we had scored against the wind. According to this article though it was 2-2 at half time: http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/april_2014/kilmarnock_vs_partick_thistle_one_from_the_archives_1

Yeah. I'd have said 2-2. But the weather was so bad that it was an incredibly positive scoreline. I honestly don't think I've ever felt so confident of a win at half time.

• Like 1

I seem to recall it didn't go for a corner and that he saved his own goal-kick. The debate at the time was whether he needed to. I think the answer was that had the ball gone into the goal the ref would have ordered the kick to be retaken. Had it been a kick from hand however it would have been an og.

Could be wrong, but I thought it would still be a corner.

Where are the old "you are the ref" from Shoot magazine when you need them ? It was a question in the 1970s but the rule might have been changed since then

Bouncing, skidding, slipping, jumping, falling. All things that will be happening on Saturday, I'd imagine. The Killie players do tend to like a lie down between challenges, and let's hope Balatoni has his slippers on for the game. I always worry when the unpredictable nature of this surface is combined with the unpredictable nature of our centre backs.

A lot of options in the middle of the park, and a few guys pushing for a start. Archie has shown willingness to stick with a winning team, but Bannigan has to come back in at least. I'd also think Stevenson could stake a claim for a start in front of Amoo or Fraser.

Bouncing, skidding, slipping, jumping, falling. All things that will be happening on Saturday, I'd imagine. The Killie players do tend to like a lie down between challenges, and let's hope Balatoni has his slippers on for the game. I always worry when the unpredictable nature of this surface is combined with the unpredictable nature of our centre backs.

A lot of options in the middle of the park, and a few guys pushing for a start. Archie has shown willingness to stick with a winning team, but Bannigan has to come back in at least. I'd also think Stevenson could stake a claim for a start in front of Amoo or Fraser.

I think you're kinda accidentally contradicting yourself. Stevenson is one of the players who's not happy on this surface. Do tho' think under normal circumstances Stevenson would be close to getting a start.

add in the near constant rainfall that is predicted to fall on tractor town in next twenty eight hours, the spectacle we will witness on that surface tomorrow could be messy.

I think you're kinda accidentally contradicting yourself. Stevenson is one of the players who's not happy on this surface. Do tho' think under normal circumstances Stevenson would be close to getting a start.

It wasn't accidental. I just didn't mean it. :)

Fair point that. I wonder how many of the guys would actually want to sit this out, given the competition for places (the midfield in particular)?

Remember the epic Scottish Cup Replay run in the 80's. After beating Clyde after 3 replays at Shawfield after the floodlights failed and burning a Clyde flag, I think we then played Killie in another 3 replayed games. I'll never forget MOJO scoring the winner and then some Killie idiot threatening my old Dad who was one of the mildest and kindest man you could ever meet. We were standing along the side of the ground in my distant memory. My old dad asked said Killie idiot to repeat what he said to his face. Killie boy then skulked away in defeat. Great night!!!

• Like 2