Just In....

King Kenny

It was on topic with the nature of the thread if you look at some of the first few posts. A differing opinion to those who thought he was great.

Ok PT I see the post differently in the context you have described. Agree certainly he was not the MOTM in my opinion a few other contenders ahead of him for me Banzo, Cherny, Dan and Dools ahead for me with no real stand out moment other than the Cherny save for me.

Thought Cerny proved he is a better keeper than Fox. Thought Dan Seabourne showed what a good defender he is. Thought Osman was immense at breaking things up and stealing balls off the opposition. Thought we played some amazing stuff on the edge of their penalty area, just that last pass...

Oh! And Doolan is still amazing!

Great to be a Jag tonight.

Couple of questions for the statisticians around.

When was the last time we won four games on the bounce in the Premier League? And when was the last time Thistle won and the ugly sisters both lost on the same day?

Amazed to see so many plaudits for Welsh. He improved as the game went on but seems odd to single him out for praise when he gifted the ball to County, allowing them to create 3 clear cut chances.

He wants an age on the ball and will either get caught out or fouled. Archie, quite rightly, gave him an absolute bollocking during the first half.

As I said, he did improve thereafter and set up two or three great counter attacks in the second half.

Bannigan, Dumbaya, Booth, Doolan were all superb.

Seabo and Lindsay look like they've played alongside each other for years.

Thought Amoo offered more than Muirhead - good sub at a good time.

• Like 2

Thought we were fortunate to go in 0-0 at HT.But in the second half we improved and once we scored we could have got a second.We seen the game out well and what a brilliant run we are on,hope it continues next week.A lot of good performances but I think a special mention for Dan and Liam really turning into a solid partnership.

• Like 1

Thought we were fortunate to go in 0-0 at HT.But in the second half we improved and once we scored we could have got a second.We seen the game out well and what a brilliant run we are on,hope it continues next week.A lot of good performances but I think a special mention for Dan and Liam really turning into a solid partnership.

Got to agree, they are turning into a cracking partnership, but for me Cerny turned the game with that save. Think we might have struggled had they went one ahead. Get him on a longer contract Archie!

• Like 1

Amazed to see so many plaudits for Welsh. He improved as the game went on but seems odd to single him out for praise when he gifted the ball to County, allowing them to create 3 clear cut chances.

He wants an age on the ball and will either get caught out or fouled. Archie, quite rightly, gave him an absolute bollocking during the first half.

From the BBC report-

" The hosts defended stoutly as County pressured near the end and credit must also be given to Sean Welsh. The Jags man, who has been blighted by injury over recent seasons, put in a heroic and tireless performance in midfield. "

I thought myself Welsh gave the ball away far too much but there were also signs of him showing more of his old form too,

Yes he gave away the ball a few times. But he wasn't alone in that today.

But I do recall him putting in a great sliding tackle near the centre circle in the 2nd half which sparked off a counter attack from which we should have scored.

Definitely one of his better games of the season.

Another good result in what was an exciting game. Osman and Bannigan were excellent. The former delivered a captain's performance and provided a much needed defensive screen, while the latter was never afraid to put his foot on the ball and was our most composed player in possession. Dan, Liam and Callum all had decent games, although Seabourne's distribution was a bit off at times. Pass marks also for Doolan and Welsh. We do, however, need to be much more ruthless on the break. On numerous occasions in the second half we broke in numbers but either dwelt on the ball too long or played the wrong pass. We need to kill these games earlier. But hey, it's another three points and our rich vein of form continues.

• Like 1

Seabiscuit and Bannigan were my joint players of the match today, both were superb at doing different jobs. I think big Dan's showing the form that we all know he's capable off now that he's getting a good injury free run. Well done to everyone else though, they all gave everything.

Loved Dumbaya ripping the piss out of their winger by dribbling circles round him in our own penalty area on the second half.

It was a quieter game from Dumbuya from an attacking sense but defensively he was sound. The guy loves shepherding the ball out and even on the one occasion that it didn't work in the second half, he fought instantly to win the ball back and ultimately win a free-kick. We've found an absolute gem.

Bannigan, to me, has developed his ability to read the game so much over the years. He's a great all-rounder in the midfield.

When all is said and done...

Thought 1

We lose...as a team

Thought 2

We win .... as a team

Thought 3

And that team, today, was 2,7000+ strong.

(Yes the pedants can say, oh what about the 3 men and a dug from Dingwall. To which I will raise you 10 Ball boys, nine serving girls, eight security guards and - yes it does end with a partridge in a pear tree...)

Thought 4

Happy Christmas team

Thought 5

See you on Boxing day

And finally

You know, I don't think I want 2015 to end.

Unless it means we can have a huge cup run in 2016

Starting with the vaulted Mr Rae on Jan 9th.

just wanted to add:

12 Archibald's

11 Archibald's

10 Archibald's

9 Archibald's

8 Archibald's

7 Archibald's

6 Archibald's

fiiiiiiivvvvveeee areeeexcxxhhhhhhiiiieeeeeeeballllllldsss

4 archibalds

3 Archibald's

2 Archibald's

and an Aaaaaaaallllllllaaaaaaaaan Arrrcchhhhhiiiieeeebaaaaaalllllddd

• Like 2

Great win today. Previous posts highlighted contributions from certain individuals but I thought he result today was a result of a great team effort. There were a few individual mistakes (especially in the first half) but everyone put in a shift and played for each other. Good to see we now seem able to hold on to a lead an win ugly.

Couple of questions for the statisticians around.

When was the last time we won four games on the bounce in the Premier League? And when was the last time Thistle won and the ugly sisters both lost on the same day?

Almost 40 Years since we won 4 on the bounce in the top league, 1977

• Like 1

Unbelievable how we were massively out-possessioned (neologism?) for so long in the game, yet ended up with more possession than them (according to the fishul stats), and looked more likely to go further ahead than concede.

This is a Thistle team I love more than usual: we take being second best over a period and by the end we're bossing it. I agree with most comments above re individual performances, although I'd be a bigger fan of Seabo if he didn't try so many glorious long passes. Keep it simple mate. Very impressed with Booth today - got better and better as the game wore on, always looking confident on the ball and just when we needed him to be. Cerny, apart from the occasional rush of blood, a massive player for us and, imo, a big improvement on Fox. Totally loved the "You're just a shite Tomas Cerny" from the NS boys to Fox.

Simply in love with Thistle just now. Archie & Shaggy - couldn't love them any more. Heroes.

• Like 1

Meant to add that Dallas was such a disgrace that if he carries on refereeing as atrociously as that, he'll end up one of the 18 whistlers at the next Euro finals in 4 years' time. That second half was as dire a refereeing performance as anything I've ever witnessed in 50 years of observing the cream of the fuds Scotland's ever produced.

• Like 2

After two seasons of playing well, looking better than the opposition but having a soft centre and failing to collect the points we merited, it's hard not to feel we deserve the welcome combination of gritty wins and good fortune we are now getting.

Ross County looked a decent enough side,particularly in the first half and it was a brilliant save from Cerny to keep it level. I was too far away to see clearly but they did seem to have two reasonable shouts for penalties. However, the series of cynical fouls, the number of times I have seen them grind out 1-0 victories at Firhill and our shrewd ball-retention in the later stages made this a sweet victory.

The back four were very determined and despite County having a lot of possession they hardly had a threatening shot at goal in the second half. The midfield grew stronger as the game went on...you know Osman will win important challenges, Welsh dwellt on the ball a few times but also made some good passes and Bannigan is becoming a very accomplished player.

Doolan put in his usual graft and craft shift and Lawless after a quiet start caused their defence problems. Muirhead continues to be remarkably unremarkable and although Amoo at least got involved, I never have any expectation of a goal when he gets into a dangerous position...he is a bit like Christie Elliot in that regard whereas Higgy or Erskine or even Stevenson were a threat when they had a bit of space to attack the defence. Our Pogba in his brief appearance again demonstrated the wonder of genetics...he is nowhere near as good a footballer as his brother.

When we were struggling earlier this season, my view was that not many of the other sides in the League were better than us...great credit is due to the players and coaching staff for moving up the League...and great backing from the fans today.

It's always a good day when Glasgow's Cinderella club wins and the two Ugly Sisters lose.

• Like 1

Amidst the understandable euphoria at our current run of results - and long may it continue - I see that the BBC records us as having one shot on target yesterday. Only one shot on target last week at Tannadice too. I know Dools hit the bar twice yesterday, but is the lack of shots on target something to worry about?