Dundee United Yesterday And Upcoming

jagfaelivi

If Dundee Utd are to stay up they will need to beat us and keep on winning after that.If we were to lose we would still be 9points ahead of them, but on another bad run as we would have taken only 2points from the last 5games since we beat Ross county.So is this a must win game for both teams?

In that case it has "draw" written all over it.

Game will almost certainly be off.

Yeah, I think that will be the case as I stated earlier in the week. Horrific day forecast tomorrow with constant rain, 80mph winds then to be followed later on by snow showers and freezing temperatures. Really just don't se it surviving!

My brother-in-law is returning from Poland to live in Scotland. He's bringing his Polish wife. They were talking about where to live. She said she fancied Dundee.

Everyone just fell about laughing.

Haha.

I might be slow..... but..... if he's your brother-in-law...... doesn't that mean he's married to your sister........?

I hope the game goes ahead. It would also be interesting to observe the dynamics between the directors and managers. I think it's fair to say that there is tension between the two clubs.

This obviously started when they pinched the management dream team of Jackie and Sid. It further deteriorated when they poached erskine and Paton. Things thawed out a bit when we loaned erskine and muirhead but....I think it's safe to say that United are well pissed off at us for signing erskine back; and also announcing it now. They are stuffed with regards to playing him.

I think the lawless stuff is a ploy to get back at us; and try and unsettle one of our better players. It also smacks of desperation.

Cotj!

As much as I want the game to go ahead, the weather is terrible and when the conditions are poor, we don't often come out on top, I reckon we would be doing ourselves a favour calling it off.

Blue sky out my window. Why are people so spooked at the thought of playing this match? I'm confident of winning today and next week. This inferiority complex is baffling.

As much as I want the game to go ahead, the weather is terrible and when the conditions are poor, we don't often come out on top, I reckon we would be doing ourselves a favour calling it off.

our worst run was in the summer. Don't you think we need to learn to win in bad weather rather than hoping for weather call offs - in this country footballers need to learn to expect to have to play in bad conditions

It's not Thistle's call as to whether the game goes ahead or not - that's entirely up to the referee. I agree, the team doesn't usually do well when the conditions are poor, but this game is too important to let the weather determine the outcome. We need to win this. An early goal would be ideal, but if we can even keep them from scoring for the first twenty minutes, I reckon we can get the three points. Judging by the view out my front window (2 miles from the ground), this game will definitely be on.

I hope the game goes ahead. It would also be interesting to observe the dynamics between the directors and managers. I think it's fair to say that there is tension between the two clubs.

This obviously started when they pinched the management dream team of Jackie and Sid. It further deteriorated when they poached erskine and Paton. Things thawed out a bit when we loaned erskine and muirhead but....I think it's safe to say that United are well pissed off at us for signing erskine back; and also announcing it now. They are stuffed with regards to playing him.

I think the lawless stuff is a ploy to get back at us; and try and unsettle one of our better players. It also smacks of desperation.

Cotj!

The "history" between us goes back considerably further. They beat us at Firhill and effectively relegated us in 1970. Then there was the play-off in season 95-96..... Their recent bad behaviour confirms that it is not one of my favourite clubs....

An early goal would be ideal, but if we can even keep them from scoring for the first twenty minutes, I reckon we can get the three points.

If Dundee United were 12 points ahead and playing Thistle at Tannadice do you think any DUFC fan would adopt this tone? So if they score early we can all go home - give me strength.