Abdul Wants To Stay

jagsman411971

He's certainly saying all the right things, but - short career - money talks etc. could not blame him if he seeks his future elsewhere under such circumstances.

Aye, he's 29 (?), so if someone offers him a substantial increase on his current wages (enough to compensate for living in Dundee or Inverness) it would be totally understandable if he accepted.

demon dumbuya, the bridge, deadly dools, big tam c ..... and now abdul abdul abdul fuking osman? ..... make it so lieutenant archibald. partick thistle ..... not so cuddly anymore partick thistle ..... not smallest budget in league anymore?

Maybe not. Maybe still we are?

But are now debt free so some money freed up and also having got rid of the debt and spending within our means this season we are able to know what we can afford much earlier and so can offer deals earlier. Also this allows us to offer more longer term deals which sometimes can be as good as offering more money.

Edited by Mr Bunny

that's why a question mark i did put mr b

but agree with your thinking i do. while we may not be chucking silly money about, our financial situation is clearly much stronger, thanks in no small part to the wonderful weirs, and archie is in a position to plan longer term which is to benefit of him, the club and the players.

what a time to be alive as a partick thistle supporter.

• Members

It's one thing saying he wants to stay, but the deciding factor will be how much he wants to stay. If we could get him to sign on again for a couple of years with a modest pay rise that would be great. Had we been able to negotiate these sort of contracts during the Summer, we might have been able to keep a hold of Higgy.

• 1 month later...

See Dundee have signed ICT players Vincent and Willian's on pre contracts. Hope this doesn't mean osman is away to Inverness. Hopefully we will start getting the core of our team signed up ASAP or the longer it goes on the more chance we have at looking at a massive rebuild in the summer

See Dundee have signed ICT players Vincent and Willian's on pre contracts. Hope this doesn't mean osman is away to Inverness. Hopefully we will start getting the core of our team signed up ASAP or the longer it goes on the more chance we have at looking at a massive rebuild in the summer

Yip, that was my first thought when I heard about the ICT players joining Dungdee

Yoda is correct, it's a wonderful time to be a jags fan. And yet, look at the crowds, we can barely get 2,000 jags fans to Firhill on a Saturday.

Where have all the fans gone? What more do they want from the team? It's one of the great mysteries of supporting the jags.

Yoda is correct, it's a wonderful time to be a jags fan. And yet, look at the crowds, we can barely get 2,000 jags fans to Firhill on a Saturday.

Where have all the fans gone? What more do they want from the team? It's one of the great mysteries of supporting the jags.

I didn't hear the away attendance at NDP but it could well have been over 1000. Whatever, we appear to be able to muster anywhere between 35% and 45% of our home attendances to matches anywhere within the Central Belt. My simplistic idea of a typical away supporter is one who also regularly attends most home games. Something doesn't quite compare as I'm sure our ratio of away support to home support is considerably higher than the norm. It should also be noted that Glasgow/Firhill is more accessible than most other venues.

eta as Ian points out the relative success of the current Jags team doesn't relate to in any way to the disappointing home gates.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Unfortunately, the bing detracts from the Firhill matchday experience. If I was an occasional Falkirk fan or an Accies fan, I'd be less likely to attend in those soul-less 2/3-sides grounds. I guess the same goes for more than a few part-time Jags fans.

But with the team being in its best position for at least 20 years, the excellent sponsorship deals and giveaways to the fans, the fact that numbers haven't picked up is really disappointing. Making the top six would see an increase for the last few games of the season, no doubt.

Edited by Jaggernaut