Abdul Wants To Stay

jagsman411971

I really don't understand fans who don't want to turn up at Firhill to watch us play the ugly sisters.We are in the league to play the best teams and unfortunately they come under that heading.If more Thistle fans turned up for these games we might not need to give them JHS.

100% correct, then the same people will complain because we are selling out to them. A full NS would make some difference. Anyway it boils down to the same thing, part time fans picking and choosing and season ticket holders picking and choosing then we wonder where everyone is

Topic title - Abdul wants to stay...

think some people might have got a little side tracked...

It's too much hassle starting other threads, there could be at least 3 or 4 different subjects being covered here.

If Abdul would just get his name on a 3 year deal it would at least close out that one

Topic title - Abdul wants to stay...

think some people might have got a little side tracked...

Spot on. Trying to keep posters on topic in this forum is like trying to see 3 consecutive passes in some games.

We appear to have too many posts which dont contribute in anyway at all to the forum on every topic.

If we manage to beat Kilmarnock and effectively be safe, Id hope we might see some progress on all contract extentions. ICT have already been linked to the big man, maybe even more so now. The longer things gitter about the more options he will have.

I don't think he will stay, or lawless for that matter. Dragging on too long.

I've no idea if they will or won't be here next season but I don't think anything is "dragging on too long". In fact I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I'd rather all our current players, and for that matter our manager too, concentrated on getting as many points on the board as possible. Discussing terms in any great detail with players just now would most likely mean the players in question actively sounding out other clubs. Can't see that being of any benefit to us. Time for that was either leading up to and during the transfer window or at the end of the season or as near as damn it.

^

What Lindau said above. It seems to me that a top four finish would open up a lot of options for Alan Archibald, including holding on to Abdul Osman. There is income to be had from league position, which might compenstate for reduced attendances. Top four does not guarantee a European place, we would have to hope Celtic win the league and the Scottish Cup, I think, and that does not sit well with me.

But I'd take it.

'Tis a long time ago that we played competitively in Europe.

Well, not that competitively, I'll admit.

But there were a heck of a lot of us on the terraces that night.

^

What Lindau said above. It seems to me that a top four finish would open up a lot of options for Alan Archibald, including holding on to Abdul Osman. There is income to be had from league position, which might compenstate for reduced attendances. Top four does not guarantee a European place, we would have to hope Celtic win the league and the Scottish Cup, I think, and that does not sit well with me.

But I'd take it.

'Tis a long time ago that we played competitively in Europe.

Well, not that competitively, I'll admit.

But there were a heck of a lot of us on the terraces that night.

The expression 'thrashed 1 - 0' springs to mind. But what a night!

from today's BBC Football Gossip - Fake Jags becoming the new Arabs? Or just trying to unsettle our entire team in the run in for places?

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have told Partick Thistle they plan to talk to midfield trio Stuart Bannigan, Steven Lawless and Abdul Osman, who are all out of contract this summer, about a switch to their Scottish Premiership rivals next season. (Daily Express, print edition)

from today's BBC Football Gossip - Fake Jags becoming the new Arabs? Or just trying to unsettle our entire team in the run in for places?

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have told Partick Thistle they plan to talk to midfield trio Stuart Bannigan, Steven Lawless and Abdul Osman, who are all out of contract this summer, about a switch to their Scottish Premiership rivals next season. (Daily Express, print edition)

inverness fan in my work is desperate for Hughes to leave fears he had upset numerous players at the club

They would probably be after Archie as well if Hughes left!

Steady on.... Y'cannae let your sentiments of Archie's playing career with us cloud your view on his managerial capabilities. He's got nae contacts in the game for sourcing decent players, relies on his predecessor's legacy and has nae plan B! .... Archie OOT!

Jimmy Calderwood could do us a job.

:crazy:

• Like 1

Steady on.... Y'cannae let your sentiments of Archie's playing career with us cloud your view on his managerial capabilities. He's got nae contacts in the game for sourcing decent players, relies on his predecessor's legacy and has nae plan B! .... Archie OOT!

Jimmy Calderwood could do us a job.

:crazy:

A day early with that one?