Higgy

angry gaz

Signs for Dunfermline.

Great signing for them but I though he was looking burnt out after a year on the astro at Killie. Surprised he couldn't find a SPL club.

Very inconsistent in his final days with us but Killie was a stupid choice for him, big mistake leaving the Jags Higgy.

https://twitter.com/...8982528/photo/1

Edited by angry gaz

I reckon our manager's position has become almost untenable. We simply shouldn't tolerate players the quality of Higgy slipping thru the net once again. We're simply crying out for an attacking creative wide player yet Higginbotham is allowed to sign for Dunfermline ******* Athletic!!!

As I like to think of myself as one of the more level headed supporter I'll give Archibald another month to bring in a quality player. After that, with the transfer window due to slam shut, I doubt I'll be alone in calling for Archibald's head.

:angry:

I reckon our manager's position has become almost untenable. We simply shouldn't tolerate players the quality of Higgy slipping thru the net once again. We're simply crying out for an attacking creative wide player yet Higginbotham is allowed to sign for Dunfermline ******* Athletic!!!

As I like to think of myself as one of the more level headed supporter I'll give Archibald another month to bring in a quality player. After that, with the transfer window due to slam shut, I doubt I'll be alone in calling for Archibald's head.

:angry:

I'm guessing my genuine lol was the intended response?

No great surprise he has slipped down the divisions, he is an enigma. Probably in a straw pole most Jags fans would want him back the reality is when he was good he was memberable the trouble is it was all to fleeting. No great loss he couldn't even get in the Killie team when they were scraping to avoid relegation kind of sums his reliability up, never there when you need him.

Got me thinking again about a "we got their best season" list:

Paul Cairney was the engine room in yon season when absolutely every move involved him. Then he fizzled out.

James Grady scored pretty much for fun for us in his time here. Then he fizzled out.

Actually the same might be said for both Higgy and Conrad.

Got me thinking again about a "we got their best season" list:

Paul Cairney was the engine room in yon season when absolutely every move involved him. Then he fizzled out.

James Grady scored pretty much for fun for us in his time here. Then he fizzled out.

Actually the same might be said for both Higgy and Conrad.

Scott Paterson. We certainly got his best season as a player.

• Like 2

Got me thinking again about a "we got their best season" list: Paul Cairney was the engine room in yon season when absolutely every move involved him. Then he fizzled out. James Grady scored pretty much for fun for us in his time here. Then he fizzled out. Actually the same might be said for both Higgy and Conrad.

Not sure I agree about Grady. He was pretty good at Clydebank, Dundee and Ayr before he joined us and while it didn't work at United, he scored for fun with Gretna.

Liam Buchanan ?

Not sure I agree about Grady. He was pretty good at Clydebank, Dundee and Ayr before he joined us and while it didn't work at United, he scored for fun with Gretna.

Liam Buchanan ?

Buchanan: Good call.

Grady's percentage of matches in which he scored:

Bankies: 23.2 (over 3 seasons)

Dundee: 24.2 (over 3 seasons)

Ayr: 17.5 (over 3 seasons)

Jags: 45.5 (one season)

Arabs: 6.9 (one season)

Gretna: 30.6 (over 3 seasons)

I reckon that supports the "we got his best season" nomination.

Great signing for Dunfermline, probably get promoted and play us next season and Higgy will no doubt score against us. Smashin...

Thought his first season with us was brilliant, second not so much. Still didn't want him to leave for Killie tho.

I'd maintain that were it not for him we would not currently be in the premier league. Good luck to him.

Agree 100%.

I also don't think he was as poor in his 2nd season as some make out. A lot of injuries meant he wasn't as consistent as the first but he still did well for us and I was sorry to see him go.

Could have been a Thistle legend.

• Like 1

No great surprise he has slipped down the divisions, he is an enigma. Probably in a straw pole most Jags fans would want him back the reality is when he was good he was memberable the trouble is it was all to fleeting. No great loss he couldn't even get in the Killie team when they were scraping to avoid relegation kind of sums his reliability up, never there when you need him.

Nothing there to disagree with but I'd much prefer football to played with less fear that would allow an enigma more game time. So many entertaining players from the past wouldn't be given the time of day if they played today. Not in our claustrophobic wee leagues anyway. For instance I just can't envisage Charlie Cooke or Jimmy Johnstone tracking back. I wouldn't for a minute put Higginbotham in the same class as those two except in relative terms to the low standard of entertaining football we watch today. Players with his ability really should be playing in the top division here but our stupid leagues demand graft over guile.

Higginbotham is wide open to criticism. He's certainly not a model professional tho' if I was a Pars fan I'd be delighted with the signing. I wonder if he'd still have been a Jags player had we started offering three year contracts six months earlier than we did? We quite possibly have dodged a bullet there.

Great signing for Dunfermline, probably get promoted and play us next season and Higgy will no doubt score against us. Smashin...

Like he did for Killie this season?

It's a pretty strong signing for Dunfermline, but they're not getting promoted this year ahead of Hibs, United, Falkirk and whoever finishes 11th in the Premiership.

The year we won the 1st division I am pretty sure there were about 5 teams that started the season with bigger budgets than us.

Same when we won it in 2002. Dunfermline's current situation is very similar to our back to back promotion era in the sense that they've spent 3 years in the 3rd tier after nearly going out of business, and the tide is most definitely turning for them. They have tremendous momentum off the back of last season and signings like this show that they really mean business.

I definitely would not write them off

Like he did for Killie this season?

Scored 6 for them I believe. The championship will be a very competitive league again this season, wouldn't just expect Utd to bounce back just because they were formerly an SPFL team. Arguably a more exciting league than ours.

• Like 1