Dundee United Betfred Cup

MonehJags

Really disappointing. Search for a CB must step up. And we need a decent back up keeper. I appreciate the comments about Scully making saves in 2nd half, but he'd already conceded 3. When did he last have a clean sheet?

As for the rest of the team. Best to get that performance out the way early doors in the season.

Really disappointing. Search for a CB must step up. And we need a decent back up keeper. I appreciate the comments about Scully making saves in 2nd half, but he'd already conceded 3. When did he last have a clean sheet?

As for the rest of the team. Best to get that performance out the way early doors in the season.

He had a clean sheet in the second half when the team turned up!

Shocking performance across the board. I thought we were just as poor in the 2nd half and the 1-3 score flatters us. Looked from a distance we got a soft penalty and but for two or three excellent stops by Scully in the 2nd half the scoreline would've been more representative of play. Don't want to single anyone out for criticism as all were guilty but the crisp interplay you expect between Lawless, Erskine & Doolan was completely absent. That kinda set the tone for the rest to follow.

I was in among the Arabs cos I hate a behind the goal view. Right in line with the edge of our penalty area in the first half.

Observations ? Big Abs was awful! Did not look fit at all and struggled early on to even kick the ball. Think he had a fresh air one at one point. Ziggy looked absolutely lost at centre half. Booth was all over the place. And we were back to the trick we.mastered a couple of seasons ago. A complete failure of the defence to relate to anything in front of them.

They ran over the top of us but, in honesty were no great shakes. You could have had double deck buses move through our defence at times, and moving none too quickly either which would have been in keeping with the pace of our back line.

Looking at it objectively they all looked as if they were recovering from a night on the piss. Given that that was certainly NOT the case what was wrong?

It really needed at the outset some strength in the middle of the park because their runners were having a ball charging unhindered

through the channels. and we managed to make Obedayi look like a world beater.

Our penalty DID look a penalty - the defender was all over Erskine.

And I wouldn't blame Scully. He had some great saves, the one in the second half low to his left was world class.

We missed the partnership at the centre of the defence which has been growing, Devine and Lindsay.

Dread to think what a good team might have done to us.

But we'll move on and this might have happened earlier to us because I remember thinking that if Q of S had had a finisher we would have got done that day as well.

Just back from Tannadice.

Think it's all been said already, but displays like that are why we get poor crowds.

Absolutely appalling attitudes shown, couldn't believe that first 30 mins- looked as if they had all just met.

Hope Archie kicks some backsides.

Don't know why Amoo was hooked, several more more worthy. (how does Lawless manage to last 90 mins?)

Thought Scully had some tremendous saves and am really sickened by some "fans" abuse of him. They were even

moaning before a ball had been kicked.

Someone on here wanted him subbed at half time!! really??

Really disappointed tonight, good job we don't play at parkhead next week after that display.

Rant over, good night.!

It doesn't soften the blow too much, but other Premiership teams got done over by lower-league teams too. It's been a notable feature of this League Cup, and it actually makes it more interesting than usual.

It sounds like an experienced centre half is an absolutely essential requirement for the squad.

Cannot believe the stick Scully is getting on here. With the efforts of what was in front of him tonight he did extremely well. Some of the passing and giving the ball away in vital areas was as bad as I've ever seen from a supposed top flight team. Truly awful!

In truth, as has been suggested by others on here who were actually at the game, he saved us from a real hiding.

Lay off the guy and stick to facts, please. Some of our heroes, Dools for example, should be hanging their heads in shame tonight. It can only get better but I fear it might get worse first.

• Like 1