Accies 03/12/16

Lindau

could you not get your son to support Partick Thistle instead of the Accies?

Me and his granny moaning at him, 4 thistle strips, a thistle water bottle for school and constantly telling him he won't ever see live football till he can go to ndp himself (hopefully not part of the wee fandans) later I've lost the battle. To be fair, Catholic primary school so I was happy it wasn't Celtic but after today I think accies aren't much better.

Any advice appreciated!

• Like 1

Me and his granny moaning at him, 4 thistle strips, a thistle water bottle for school and constantly telling him he won't ever see live football till he can go to ndp himself (hopefully not part of the wee fandans) later I've lost the battle. To be fair, Catholic primary school so I was happy it wasn't Celtic but after today I think accies aren't much better.

Any advice appreciated!

Don't let him out the house unless he's wearing one of those Jags tops you got him. :thumbsup2:

Having seen the highlights Erskine was indeed 3 yards onside. Shocking decision by the assistant referee.

Can anyone tell me? Does the main referee have the power to over-rule the assistant's flag where it is clear that they have got this wrong, like the tennis umpire used to correct a miscall by a line judge in pre Hawkeye days? Could the referee have given the goal?

Unfortunately there is no way to play a let.

Just watched the highlights on Jagzone. No way was Erskine offside at the disallowed goal. Is there any chance we can get a competent referee/linesman even just for one week. Those types of decision are the ones that can make the difference between relegation/ play offs and safety. The Lindsay incident didn't look as bad as I thought it was at the game, but I still think he clicked his heels....in saying that Liam was dithering and paid the price!

That was an unbelievably bad "mistake" by the linesman. I put "mistake" in inverted commas because I'm not sure that it was simply a genuine error.

Azeez: donkey. Should be punted asap.

Welsh: took his goal well. But I've never really understood the love-in for him.

Lindsay: another honking fresh air kick that costs us a goal. How many times is that?

Dools: unlucky with the header!

The standard of refereeing thoughout Scottish football is shocking. Other than yesterday though I wouldnt say it has cost us in other games. Even at that, there was still 20 minutes of time left to create more chances.

Lets say he had got the call right and we went 2-1 up how do you think the rest of the game would have panned out? Do you think:

a. we would have comfortably seen it out possibly adding to our tally for the 3 points

or

b. sat in holding out and conceded a kick in the hee haws at the death for a point?

Edited by MonehJags

The standard of refereeing thoughout Scottish football is shocking. Other than yesterday though I wouldnt say it has cost us in other games. Even at that, there was still 20 minutes of time left to create more chances.

Lets say he had got the call right and we went 2-1 up how do you think the rest of the game would have panned out? Do you think:

a. we would have comfortably seen it out possibly adding to our tally for the 3 points

or

b. sat in holding out and conceded a kick in the hee haws at the death for a point?

No one can say for deffo but they didn't cause us too many problems in the 2nd half.

They will also be trying to avoid getting horsed so im sure they will be fielding a full strength side. Rodgers also quoted giving it they have a point to prove patter.

under the awful Deila they had a difficult game against a team in Baku for the champions league in high temperatures and on a awful pitch they then played us on the Sunday and we didn't even lay a glove on them and that was deilas team.

Under Rodgers their second strength team should comfortably see us off unfortunately

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

Yip, can't see them going there with an under strength side. Could be the likes of De Vries, Bitton and Griffiths will play on Friday to freshen their side up. Doesn't really matter what side they put out, it's gonna be a massive task for us to get anything from the game.If they are going to rest anyone on Friday I hope it's Rogic!

Edited by Lindau

Just seen the highlights on Sportscene. 3 observations.

1. Never offside in its life. Yes it's tight but I thought the attacker was meant to get the benefit of the doubt.

2. Azeez is the new Pogba - absolutely hopeless.

3. Seabourne's defending for our equaliser and the "offside" goal - comical stuff. Can we now please put to bed the ridiculous notion "we should never have let him go".

Never a foul for accies first goal. Liam really needs to get a grip in those situations. So many times the season his dithering on the ball has cost us goals. Could easily have cost us a couple against rangers last week trying to run it out of defence.

Stonewall penalty in the first half when seabourne handballed it and terrible decision for the "offside goal".

Azeez is awful.

The goal that never was is probably the best move ive seen this season from us. The directness and vision from erskine to find booth instead of an aimless ball. Shame it was disallowed. Azeez miss is mince. Its unacceptable at any level. Liam isnt learning, we never gave muirhead the same amount of time.

I too have lost patience with Azeez but also Welsh and Gordon. Punt all 3 ASAP.

Remember the days when player swaps took place? We got the great Somner for Johnny Gibson and Parky for a past his best Dennis.

Could we do a deal with Accies if they love Ziggy so much and perhaps attract Brophy?