Accies 03/12/16

Lindau

FT 1-1. If we are serious about our ambitions, it was a game we really should have been winning. With Celtic to come, things aren't getting easier. Unfortunately we look a shoe-in for at least a play-off place. Losing faith in the players and managers to get us out of this.

But with a 'glass half full' view, 1 point away from home and moving off the bottom of the league is incremental progress.

Let's believe we can get better.

Poor game management. Erskine should have been on for Azeez in the 1st half. In midfield, we couldn't compete: Welsh kept getting caught in possession and dispossessed, while Osman keeps getting penalised. Once Erskine was brought in, after 60 minutes, we looked much better coming forward, which took pressure off the defence. Amoo could have come on later on, or Lawless a bit earlier, to increase the threat in the box.

• Like 1

The first half was a microcosm of our entire season. Pressed out the game for long spells, an Azeez miss, a defensive mistake on the right side of the defence, slow and ponderous on the ball. Really dissapointing team selection for a game which Archie descibed as a cup tie. No creativity in the middle until Erskine came on.

Can;t belive we started with Amoo, Lawless and Erskine on the bench. Gordon had a howler of a first half but improved a lot in the second. Welsh was caught so many times with the ball and ended up running back towards his own goal countless times. His excellent goal shows what he can do when he drives forward.

Shoulda, coulda won that match but a negative start put us on the back foot.

We often get pressed out of games and when that is happening you need to move the ball quicker and we have players who can't do that on the pitch and players on he bench who can.

Some good performances as well though especially from Booth , Barton and Edwards .

The ref and his assistants were quite simply not fit for purpose, some real shocking awards. Might have been a foul on Lindsay but honestly he could have booted it to safety long before he was fouled.

Dissapointed in the final outcome and improvement is needed form all.

oh , the Hamilton "casuals" are the biggest bunch of Fannies Ive ever seen at a football match. The fact the Stewards let them into the ground half pished is a disgrace.

• Like 3

Not sure quite what to make of that. My first impression was that it was a blatant foul on Lindsay at the goal. Dreadful in the first 35 minutes then Azeez missed what looked like a sitter....just put your boot through it rather that trying to lob the keeper....and Dools unlucky with that header. Far better in the second half especially when Erskine came on. Erskine cut the ball back for Booth to slot home so it wasn't Booth that was offside. Either way it was marginal to say the least. We were the better side and it was good to see Cerny back commanding his box. Booth had a good game as well. Thought Gordon was poor in the first half, but reversed that in the second half where I thought he was excellent. Overall feeling coming away was that we should have had three points but was fairly happy we didn't lose after being behind at half time!

Not sure quite what to make of that. My first impression was that it was a blatant foul on Lindsay at the goal. Dreadful in the first 35 minutes then Azeez missed what looked like a sitter....just put your boot through it rather that trying to lob the keeper....and Dools unlucky with that header. Far better in the second half especially when Erskine came on. Erskine cut the ball back for Booth to slot home so it wasn't Booth that was offside. Either way it was marginal to say the least. We were the better side and it was good to see Cerny back commanding his box. Booth had a good game as well. Thought Gordon was poor in the first half, but reversed that in the second half where I thought he was excellent. Overall feeling coming away was that we should have had three points but was fairly happy we didn't lose after being behind at half time!

Simply a game we did not deserve to lose, long and short we don't have enough going forward to capitalise on our good play and get hurt too easy at the back.

Simply a game we did not deserve to lose, long and short we don't have enough going forward to capitalise on our good play and get hurt too easy at the back.

We didn't deserve to lose, but you can't hide the fact that we were dreadful for the first 35 minutes and the players just did not look up for it. I assume Archie kicked some arses at half time as it was a far better performance in the second half. Whole game was a bit surreal. Sean Welsh scored a very good goal, but I thought he had one of his worst ever games in a jags jersey, was hoping he was gonna get subbed for Lawless when he popped up with the goal...lol

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

If we didnt look up for it as you say Lindau, its totally unacceptable and inexcusable. I dont no how much longer we can persist with azeez if he keeps missing sitters. Its fine margins the majority of the time and those misses as well as the mistakes at the back are killing us. We need two centre haufs and a goalscorer in January. If we can get by without getting cut off at the bottom over the next few games we will be doing well. Although the next 3 games on paper are difficult, we need to start taking something from them

I'm getting fed up with this. What a negative starting line up.

The starting team was a joke. It should have been changed after 10 minutes. Accies must have been pleased Erskine was sitting on the bench most of the match while Welsh (again), Azeez, Elliot and Gordon were rank rotten. Doolan not much better.

At least Ziggy turned it round. And Dools was much cheered by the eventual appearance of his pal.

Why play Elliot on right wing when all he provides is strength and energy. He's never beaten a man in his life, can't control the ball, can't pass or cross and can't shoot. I'm happy to have him at full back as he would provide much more energy and pace than Ziggy and his deficiencies are not so badly exposed. And Amoo continues to sit out matches.

We should have pumped that lot as we have far better players. At ht I was thinking we would be better with the under 20's en bloc. I've rarely been depressed as I was at half time. Thistle played like a junior team. The standard of play by both sides was woeful. Thank God there are 7 shit teams in the league as we could be saved by the sheer incompetence of others.

We need to get rid of some of this dross and also start selecting our best players.

• Like 1

It seems from the commentary & interviews like we were undone due to some poor decisions by the officials. It will be interesting to see if that was the case as 3 points would have been a big bonus today. Next 4 games will be tough, but we just need to get behind the team. Friday will be tough and so will the next 3 games, but we finish the year with 2 very winnable home games. Who knows, maybe Kris will get to his 100 before the end of 2016 :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We were a total disgrace in the first half yet could easily have been ahead. Azeez is chronic in front of goal and he also causes us to constantly play balls over the top, more often than not this leads to him being offside and possession lost. Far better in the second half and only a poor decision from the linesman cost us victory. Thought Edwards, Elliot and Barton were good and Booth was superb. Hamilton are a dreadful team who play horrendous football.

The first half was a microcosm of our entire season. Pressed out the game for long spells, an Azeez miss, a defensive mistake on the right side of the defence, slow and ponderous on the ball. Really dissapointing team selection for a game which Archie descibed as a cup tie. No creativity in the middle until Erskine came on.

Can;t belive we started with Amoo, Lawless and Erskine on the bench. Gordon had a howler of a first half but improved a lot in the second. Welsh was caught so many times with the ball and ended up running back towards his own goal countless times. His excellent goal shows what he can do when he drives forward.

Shoulda, coulda won that match but a negative start put us on the back foot.

We often get pressed out of games and when that is happening you need to move the ball quicker and we have players who can't do that on the pitch and players on he bench who can.

Some good performances as well though especially from Booth , Barton and Edwards .

The ref and his assistants were quite simply not fit for purpose, some real shocking awards. Might have been a foul on Lindsay but honestly he could have booted it to safety long before he was fouled.

Dissapointed in the final outcome and improvement is needed form all.

oh , the Hamilton "casuals" are the biggest bunch of Fannies Ive ever seen at a football match. The fact the Stewards let them into the ground half pished is a disgrace.

The worrying thing is the 'casuals' weren't even pished as most of them were about 14 they were just wee fannies who think it's hard shouting obscenities in front of young kids.

I was embarrassed to come from hamilton today as my wee boy wants to support accies but there's no way I could subject him to those wee Bawbags on a regular basis. As a family club they really need to get rid of these folk as even I felt threatened walking back to my car after the game. The police are worse than useless too.

Accies also need to get the turnstiles situation sorted, that's the last 4 or 5 times I've taken 20 mins plus to get into the ground. It doesn't help that the gate I went into didn't even tell you the ticket price holding people up even more.

With regards to the game completely agree erskines Intro changed the game and I stil don't understand why Edwards wasn't subbed for lawless later on as he had a stinker today. There comes a point where you have to just admit someone isn't good enough and today I think was azeezs, ok he's a good outlet and chases down well but his touch for a professional footballer is beyond shocking. He also needs to start watching the ball instead of the man as so many times he was trying to put the man off rather than just winning and holding the ball up (when he wasn't offside).

At least we didn't get beat.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is the 'casuals' weren't even pished as most of them were about 14 they were just wee fannies who think it's hard shouting obscenities in front of young kids.

I was embarrassed to come from hamilton today as my wee boy wants to support accies but there's no way I could subject him to those wee Bawbags on a regular basis. As a family club they really need to get rid of these folk as even I felt threatened walking back to my car after the game. The police are worse than useless too.

Accies also need to get the turnstiles situation sorted, that's the last 4 or 5 times I've taken 20 mins plus to get into the ground. It doesn't help that the gate I went into didn't even tell you the ticket price holding people up even more.

These exact reasons, especially the former, are the reasons my son and I stopped going to the Hamilton game. We got abuse going to the game and on our way home the last time we went and have no interest in ever going back.

These exact reasons, especially the former, are the reasons my son and I stopped going to the Hamilton game. We got abuse going to the game and on our way home the last time we went and have no interest in ever going back.

I don't blame you. Hamilton isn't half as bad a place as the likes of Paisley but the 'wee *****' ratio is so much worse. There was a boy walking past us singing about maryhil junkies with faded kangol trackies on with his cats deid, a spiffy roll up fag and with what looked like la gear trainers and I just wanted to grab him and punch his head in.

If it wasn't a mile from my house I would never go back to ndp.

Was a game we never deserved to lose and probably should've won (regardless if we were robbed with the offside shout). Same time any team that comes back from a goal down away from home to get a draw should be happy enough with the result. What annoyed me more than anything today was the ridiculous high bounce of the ball. I'm not even sure if it was an advantage to Accies who looked more comfortable when they got the ball to feet. Just feel it's the spectators that get short changed every time.

Hope today demonstrated that playing two up does not necessarily equate with playing attacking football. I don't see the Doolan/Azeez partnership blossoming and so I wouldn't be surprised if Archie calls that tactic a day and plays a more attacking midfield instead.

I thought Gordon did enough to suggest he's a better option at right centreback than Devine. That tho' isn't exactly awesome praise as Ziggy only had an average game today. Maybe others will think that Devine, who looks more dangerous at attacking set pieces is the better option. Whatever, I feel the three at the back will have to stay as long as the defence remains shaky.

Was a game we never deserved to lose and probably should've won (regardless if we were robbed with the offside shout). Same time any team that comes back from a goal down away from home to get a draw should be happy enough with the result. What annoyed me more than anything today was the ridiculous high bounce of the ball. I'm not even sure if it was an advantage to Accies who looked more comfortable when they got the ball to feet. Just feel it's the spectators that get short changed every time.

Hope today demonstrated that playing two up does not necessarily equate with playing attacking football. I don't see the Doolan/Azeez partnership blossoming and so I wouldn't be surprised if Archie calls that tactic a day and plays a more attacking midfield instead.

I thought Gordon did enough to suggest he's a better option at right centreback than Devine. That tho' isn't exactly awesome praise as Ziggy only had an average game today. Maybe others will think that Devine, who looks more dangerous at attacking set pieces is the better option. Whatever, I feel the three at the back will have to stay as long as the defence remains shaky.

Couldn't agree more.

I think the headache Archie has with the defence is Gordon was honking first half and there was zilch communication between him and cerny yet second half was easily the best I've seen ziggy since he signed, I thought he defended really well. He is so inconsistent. But is that the case because that he knows the guys he's playing against well? I don't know.

Another problem is Barton is a class above most of the team and yet he's the last line of defence meaning we lose the majority of his vision of passing, if we can get a centre half and push him up to where Welsh sits we might be ok.

I know Sean scored today but apart from that and his one shot close-ish to the goal he was awful. Caught in the ball constantly, slow in passing, corners were poor the list goes on. He seems to be well liked on here but I don't really see what he offers ( although Abdul is maybe as bad!).

With regards to the game completely agree erskines Intro changed the game and I stil don't understand why Edwards wasn't subbed for lawless later on as he had a stinker today. There comes a point where you have to just admit someone isn't good enough and today I think was azeezs, ok he's a good outlet and chases down well but his touch for a professional footballer is beyond shocking. He also needs to start watching the ball instead of the man as so many times he was trying to put the man off rather than just winning and holding the ball up (when he wasn't offside).

At least we didn't get beat.

could you not get your son to support Partick Thistle instead of the Accies?
  • Like 1