I Challenge You Not To Smile ......

Dick Dastardly

Sweet. What a difference from Friday and it shows how tight the league really is. 'Happy Clappers' (aka 'Trusters in Archie') 1. Knickerwetters 0.

Yip, a few of the knickerwetters/pantypishers or the 4.50 brigade after a defeat (as I prefer to call them) have disappeared or went very quiet. No surprise there. It's been happening every year since we came up. Fear not, they will be back the next time we lose two in a row telling us Archie's a dud, a one trick pony, etc,etc.

Edited by Lindau

Yip, a few of the knickerwetters/pantypishers or the 4.50 brigade after a defeat (as I prefer to call them) have disappeared or went very quiet. No surprise there. It's been happening every year since we came up. Fear not, they will be back the next time we lose two in a row telling us Archie's a dud, a one trick pony, etc,etc.

Yes, they are never too far away...

The worst home record in the league? Not much to smile about there!

You are right GRE, but then our home record is only 1 point behind those of Killie, Inverness, Hamilton and Ross County. Of course if we want to kick on we need to be better than these teams, and a win on Saturday would see us jump up to mid-table in the home table.

Hope as many people as possible get along to Firhill on Saturday. The interesting thing is that 3pts against Killie will drastically change our trajectory and ambition going into the 2nd half of the season. Just a few weeks ago we would have been targetting survival going into the latter part of the season, however to be in the Top-6 going into the winter break would make a big difference.

Hope as many people as possible get along to Firhill on Saturday. The interesting thing is that 3pts against Killie will drastically change our trajectory and ambition going into the 2nd half of the season. Just a few weeks ago we would have been targetting survival going into the latter part of the season, however to be in the Top-6 going into the winter break would make a big difference.

Totally agree. Was nicely surprised at the crowd last night and it was great to see the North very busy indeed. Fair play to Dundee for the crowd they brought through when transport ain't that great. They must have had around 600-700 last night.

Edited by Lindau

Not sure what the relevance is regarding home form. All I am interested in is where we are in the league and doesn't the league look feckin wonderful today compared to a fortnight ago! If we pick up more points away from home so be it. The way we play and the players we have means it probably suits our style better playing away from home

Edited by Lindau

Aye WJ, it's a great week to be a Jag.

I had a feeling we would come good. Still much of the season to go, but we have turned a corner. Roll on getting Muzzy, Fraser and Banzo back in contention for a place.

Edwards and Barton surely already contenders for POTY.

Not sure what the relevance is regarding home form. All I am interested in is where we are in the league and doesn't the league look feckin wonderful today compared to a fortnight ago! If we pick up more points away from home so be it. The way we play and the players we have means it probably suits our style better playing away from home

In a weird way it is possible that good away form and poor home form is better financially. After 3 good away performances we had a healthy crowd on Wednesday night. Dundee, having had a really good result on Friday, brought a good number as well.

I am pretty sure that if we had had bad results in the previous 3 games, the home attendance would have been much lower.

Is my memory playing tricks, or were we in the top six last season, for a very, very brief time?

Not only would a win today put us in a very fine position going into the break, it would also send a clear signal to other teams that we are now a team that is hard to beat.

All the best to Thistle-minded folk everywhere for 2017, from the Land of the Rising Sun!