St Johnstone Vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 11 February

jagfox

Thoughts turn to the Cup this weekend with our good friends St Johnstone FC.

Decent pricing and Thistle Fans will be situated behind the goal in the North Stand.

Adult £18

Over 65s £12

13-18 £5

and, accompanied under 12s free of charge for Home and Away supporters

Thistle have estimated we'll take through 700/800 fans.

Hopefully see a healthy and noisy Thistle support through.

Edited by jagfox

I suppose it's a numbers thing but I much prefer the main stand at McDiarmid than behind the goal. Prices look reasonable especially for the youngsters.

Won our last two when housed there. More gamesmanship from those pesky farmers? :rolleyes:

Easily more that 700/800 will go.

That's why we're behind the goal. Maximum capacity in the away section of the main stand is 900 apparently.

This time last season, 3 days before a game I could probably tell you the starting lineup with the chance of one or 2 being incorrect. Today, I'm not sure which formation we will play, never mind who will play where. So, I'll start with this guess:

Cerny

Some other guys.

Booth would be the player I wouldn't want to see missing. I mistakingly thought the Elliott appeal was to give Muzzy more time to get back on track. Clearly cover for Booth was the more pressing issue. I'm not sure who would play at left back. Play a back three with Banton at left wingback???

I wouldn't imagine it would be the untested Banton if we needed an emergency WB. If someone is required to play out of position I'd guess Archie will go with someone with a bit of composure and positional awareness, like Welsh or Barton (playing them on the right side with Dumbuya at LWB), or even the likes of an Edwards who we know would put a shift in, although I'm not sure he'd be the most sensible choice for that role.

That would certainly be my preference partickthedog.

I do find the prospect of Edwards as a wingback quite intriguing but I would say a cup game against this opposition would be far too much of a risk. Although we all remember Archie's "Experiment" in last year's competition, I'm hoping he doesn't make the same mistake again.

The last 3 games ive attended have produced 1 goal against. First song on the hymn sheet has to be the timeless classic, 'a goal, a goal, we want a ****** goal'. Its February and Azeez still cant score. You wonder where or how we will ever score a goal sometimes. Blindly following us to Perth in the hope of seeing something unexpected though. At the very worst, i hope everyone has their singing voices

St J play differently at home so it should be a much better game. We will need to score at least twice to win.

Keep Muzzy at RB as he can cause donkey Easton problems. If Booth isnt fit then Amoo or Keown at LB.

Really up for his one after their gamesmanship and ante football displays against us at Firhill. GIRFUT!

That would certainly be my preference partickthedog.

I do find the prospect of Edwards as a wingback quite intriguing but I would say a cup game against this opposition would be far too much of a risk. Although we all remember Archie's "Experiment" in last year's competition, I'm hoping he doesn't make the same mistake again.

Archie kind of ****** up the previous year too (vs. Inverness CT) by bringing Lyle Taylor back to the club but not starting him or Doolan, instead going with Stevenson. I was raging for months after that decision. Still not completely over it, to be honest.

• Like 1

Its February and Azeez still cant score.

I think that's what Kellyanne Conway would describe as an "alternative fact".

2nd time today that someone has had to be told that Azeez has in fact scored twice for us in competitive matches. But as ever, don't let the truth get in the way of slagging off one of our own players.

In the league he has scored one header. The stenhousemuir game was essentially a friendly. To re-phrase my earlier post then, he hasnt scored with either foot in the league when presented with multiple glorious opportunities. That is the truth. My point though was we are not creating enough chances during games and that added to we have someone who cant score them when we do have a chance makes it hard to see where we are going to score

Archie kind of ****** up the previous year too (vs. Inverness CT) by bringing Lyle Taylor back to the club but not starting him or Doolan, instead going with Stevenson. I was raging for months after that decision. Still not completely over it, to be honest.

This 100% - I don't get the mentality we see mainly in FA cup re wholesale changes.

Best team from the off, get the game won then make any changes needed.

• Like 1