Sportscene

jagfaelivi

Our best result in the Cup in nine years and we get 90 seconds on this show. Not even any comment on how well we did. Nineteen minutes for Aberdeen, 18 for Celtic. Add on Cosgrove's yards of sarcasm earlier in the evening and we have to say the BBC really think less than nothing about us.

National broadcaster? Aye right!

• Like 5

Totally agree, that was an utter disgrace. Two teams from the top division and even Dunfermline and Accies got more coverage and comment. More interested in who is getting the job at a club that is less than 5 years old! Absolute joke!

Edited by Lindau

Give them a bit of slack. We all must remember that they had to give enough airtime to discuss the managerial resignation of a team that weren't playing today.

Just like the radio in the car on the way back from Perth. You would have thought that there were no games on and we were still on a winter break.

• Like 1

Give them a bit of slack. We all must remember that they had to give enough airtime to discuss the managerial resignation of a team that weren't playing today.

Just like the radio in the car on the way back from Perth. You would have thought that there were no games on and we were still on a winter break.

Spot on. God only knows how much coverage the BBC would've given to sevco if they were on speaking terms.

Not too concerned about the minute or so treatment of our game compared to the lengthy coverage of the Pars v Accies match. That's more an operational thingy than anything else. Same can't be said for the Celtic v ICT game. That was screened live earlier in the day and only highlights the contempt BBC Scotland have for their customers.

• Like 1

75 minute programme, with only 6 games to cover but 3 of those games get nothing more than 90 seconds each. Meanwhile they spend nearly 10 minutes discussing a team that doesn't play until tomorrow. You can guarantee that in tomorrow's programme they'll cover exactly the same ground with that particular story. Absolutely pathetic. There's no excuse for them not giving extensive coverage to all 6 games.

Why do we have to watch this? There must be a way to deliver a better option which wouldn't pander to old firm nonsense? An unbiased and Independent broadcaster would knock that shocking show out of the park! It's supposed to be a highlights programme not a topical football debate show, Rankers shouldn't even have been mentioned apart from maybe a bit at the end about the last of the 5th round games taking place tomorrow?

Terrible show and terrible public broadcasting (IMO)

Don't get me f'in started about the coverage today. If I was a Clyde fan I'd be spitting blood, I'm sure the chances of them hearing their manager being interviewed on radio are few and far between but when a good cup result happens you maybe tune in to the radio on the way home to here him being interviewed about.....The Rangers! Not a dickie about your own game, appalling journalism pandering to the binary polarity of Scottish Football.

Obviously disappointed by poor coverage of, and no comment on, our game, but in some ways even more disappointed by paltry glimpses of Ayr v Clyde and St Mirren v East Fife. These were proper cup-ties between teams who do not get the regular weekly exposure Premier clubs enjoy. They looked to be good and interesting games too.

Given that there were 6 games, the same as the weekly league programme, why could the BBC not give them all approximately equal coverage? Total embarrassing show by the so-called "national" broadcasters.

The BBC Final Score programme didn't even have the Scottish Cup scores other than goal updates on the "teleprinter". Maybe the Tories are right about the BBC (law of averages?)

Scottish literary critics used to go on about "Kailyard" novels - novels that were ridiculously parochial and limited in appeal. I'm afraid BBC Scotland has become the Kailyard TV station (just watch anything om them, it's been a long, long time since they produced anything worthwhile in drama or in news and in sport there has always been Kailyard TV. It's a mentality which prevents them from ever thinking of doing anything different from the way it's always been done.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Don't worry, folks. Come Friday, May 26th Maryhill Rd will be awash with outside broadcast vans. Cameras and news-people turning their attention on the local butcher's specially handcrafted red, yellow & black sausages. Meanwhile Jaconelli's will be taking orders for a "Jags 99", yellow ice cream topped with raspberry with a stick of licorice protruding from the top. Others from the nation's media will be earnestly discussing with the Lidl's manager the complexity of producing the Chris Erskine shaped sponge cake, proudly on sale in the section between the pitta bread and the Polish salami.

It will be times like this when you really appreciate the attention the BBC and their chums pay to reporting on Partick Thistle Football Club.

• Like 2

Just saw it on iPlayer - curious that a fleet of registration plate obscured pimpmobiles driving into Murray Park got more coverage than East Fife, St Mirren, "Saintees", ourselves, Ayr, Clyde, (inter alia).

I suppose broadcasters nowadays feel obliged to pander to the lowest common denominator as they strive for ratings, but even by the recent standards of BBC sports coverage this was pitiful.

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to seeing our highlights. Then I saw that excuse for a sportsman MacDonald's smug coupon in discussion with the gormless Jonathan Sutherland. Started to realise we were being sold short.

This was followed by several minutes of bland chat. Rather like radio 2.

We had several chances not shown by the editor then that was it. Unbelievable. But I enjoyed the little they showed of the other matches esp dunf vs accies.

Would be good to play a non premier team next as I'm fed up watching same teams over and over.

I watched the Jagzone Highlights and thought it seemed an exciting game, with decent chances despite the low scoreline. Highlights can of course change the feel of a game, though. Not really surprised to hear the comments about the sportscene coverage. Look at the way the BBC presents the FA cup, they make a big deal about every game, especially if it features teams who traditionally don't make it so far. I cant blame them so much for our game as Thistle vs St Johnstone, we're in the same division and have just played, it is much like if Stoke played West Brom. But Clyde and some of the other Teams involved deserved decent coverage.

• Like 1

Scottish literary critics used to go on about "Kailyard" novels - novels that were ridiculously parochial and limited in appeal. I'm afraid BBC Scotland has become the Kailyard TV station (just watch anything om them, it's been a long, long time since they produced anything worthwhile in drama or in news and in sport there has always been Kailyard TV. It's a mentality which prevents them from ever thinking of doing anything different from the way it's always been done.

BBC Scotland seem determined to celebrate their own lowly status a la kailyard and Sportscene is just another example of this!

Edited by stillresigned