Hamilton 18/02/2017

Lindau

Full squad minus long term injured and Elliot suspension I believe.

-------------Cerny-------------

----Lindsay--Barton--Devine-----

Dumbaya--------------------Booth

----------Welsh---Osman---------

------------Edwards-------------

------------Erskine-------------

------------Doolan---------------

"Christmas Tree" formation. Barton coming out from the back. Osman dropping back to protect.

How's the injury situation for this game? Hopefully largely cleared up as with the Quarter Final looming it's a chance for everyone in the squad to stake a claim for the Aberdeen game.

Good to see Lawless and Amos back in form and everyone shaped up well last week. I'm a bit concerned about Chris Erskine's drop in form. I get the feeling he may be carrying a niggly injury?

Formation wise I'd be happy to go back to the 4-2-3-1 if the personnel are available and hopefully we can create more chances and even score a goal (or three).

Edited by jagfox

Good news from the match preview on the BBC website

Partick youngster Steven Boyd was cup-tied last week but is available for Saturday's match at Firhill.

Have I missed something?

According to a Hamilton fan posting on the pie & bovril forum he is a Hamilton player. Another example of lazy journalism.

Just looked at Hamilton's next 4 league fixtures after today's game.

Celtic A. Aberdeen H. Hearts A. and Rangers A. As well as an away cup tie at Rangers.

Therefore a win for us today could see us pull away from them over the next few weeks (provided we get a couple of decent results).

I never liked Charlton Heston so I was rooting for Stephen Boyd in yon race. Travesty of a result. Heston should've been disqualified for cutting across in third lap.

Reminiscent of Charlie monk's wheel-to-wheel victory over the then world champion Barry Briggs at the White City circa 1965

• Like 1

Just looked at Hamilton's next 4 league fixtures after today's game.

Celtic A. Aberdeen H. Hearts A. and Rangers A. As well as an away cup tie at Rangers.

Therefore a win for us today could see us pull away from them over the next few weeks (provided we get a couple of decent results).

Inverness have Hearts, Celtic, Rangers then us. Really a great chance to pull away from the bottom 2 over the next month, if we don't take it, it's going to be a long end to the season.

One of the worst halfs of football I've seen in years. Azeez is not a football player.

Two sublime touches from Ade though quite a few poor ones as well.

Agree that this has been a brutal half of football.

Need to get Barton more on the ball and surely Erskine has to come on for someone. Doolan too, soon please.