Top 6

Auld Jag

Hurrah!! Absolutely superb achievement. This team/squad are really solid, really professional and also grittier and playing with more self-belief than the past few premiership seasons. Superbto make this milestone after a slow start. Doolan on 102 as well. It's a pleasure to be a Jags fan!

Can't quite believe we don't even need to look down the table for the rest of the season! Let's catch Hearts now....

Congratulations to everybody connected to the club to some extent.

It´s been some kind of achievement. Hopefully, it will be the first of many top-six finishes.

It never stops me fom thinking that, if Dundee United had not made an offer to McNamara, Morton would have been promoted instead of us and this would have not been achieved.

Looking forward to going back to Scotland to watch Thistle after a hiatus in my annual visits.

It never stops me from thinking that, if Dundee United had not made an offer to McNamara, Morton would have been promoted instead of us and this would have not been achieved.

I'm with you on that, SJ. There's no way we can't be grateful to McNamara for getting us in a great position to challenge for the league but at the same time we should be just as grateful to him for buggering off when he did. Even if McNamara proved you and I wrong and got us promoted we can still be fairly sure he'd have been offski at the first opportunity. Given his playing career was coming to an end would Archie still have been around to take over the reins?

Magnificent achievement. I've been back in Scotland since the 2-0 against Accies and have seen at first hand how the management team and this group of players have turned this season from a relegation battle into the most successful since the Bertie Auld era (great to see Jackie Campbell at the game today). Fantastic effort; so proud of them.

Apparently the post-split fixtures are to be announced early this week. I hope Ian Maxwell is in contact with the SPFL to give them a stern reminder what we are due!!!

Sevco - Home

Aberdeen - Home

Celtic - Home

St Johnstone - Away

Hearts - Away

I'd sacrifice celtic at home. We always do better at celtic park.

• Like 1

I had a look at the wiki page on league results, but couldn't really work it out. Maybe a proper statto can say.. when was the last time we were sixth or above in the top division? It's deffo before my time.

I had a look at the wiki page on league results, but couldn't really work it out. Maybe a proper statto can say.. when was the last time we were sixth or above in the top division? It's deffo before my time.

TJR will be along soon I'm sure with all the stats. I think we last finished 6th in '81 and but I'm often wrong

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

There are 23 Top Six or better finishes. All "old" First Division except for most recent 2 (Premier Division)

80/81 6/ of 10 teams

76/77 5/10

62/63 3/18 Best ever =

57/58 6/18

53/54 3/16

51/52 6/16

50/51 6/16

47/48 3/15 Best ever =

46/47 5/16

31/32 6/20

30/31 4/20

29/30 6/20

28/29 6/20

27/28 6/20

21/22 6/22

20/21 6/22

18/19 4/18

17/18 6/18

15/16 5/20

11/12 5/18

10/11 4/18

05/06 5/18

04/05 4/16

• Like 1

Think that's 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat (away to Aberdeen) in the last 10 games. Outstanding!

Full competitive record since we returned to action in January

Played 14

Won 7

Drawn 4

Lost 3

Goals for 16

Goals against 8

Magnificent effort from everyone involved!

Apparently the post-split fixtures are to be announced early this week. I hope Ian Maxwell is in contact with the SPFL to give them a stern reminder what we are due!!!

Sevco - Home

Aberdeen - Home

Celtic - Home

St Johnstone - Away

Hearts - Away

Agree this should be how the fixtures turn out but I have a real concern that once again the so called administrators of our game will hand another kick in the teeth to the Jags.

We will have played 1 more game at home therefor they will try and redress this imbalance, this and they would have planned for RC to finish in the top 6 ahead of us therefor I expect that we will visit Parkhead one more time this season. Ironic given anytime we have been scheduled to have a fixture their they opt for a friendly instead.

Agree this should be how the fixtures turn out but I have a real concern that once again the so called administrators of our game will hand another kick in the teeth to the Jags.

We will have played 1 more game at home therefor they will try and redress this imbalance, this and they would have planned for RC to finish in the top 6 ahead of us therefor I expect that we will visit Parkhead one more time this season. Ironic given anytime we have been scheduled to have a fixture their they opt for a friendly instead.

I've had a look at all the fixtures for the top 6 and think they'll have to live with us having 20 home and 18 away games this season. St Johnstone are the only 1 of the top 6 who will get 18 home games if the fixtures are played as they should be, and that includes us going to Perth. Hearts are also heading for 20 home games but they are due to have St Johnstone at home so would expect that will be the fixture that will be switched. Rangers, Celtic & Aberdeen are all heading for 19 home and away games each.

It is the SPFL though, so who knows!