Liam Lindsey's (Relative) Value?

thistle4celtic1

He'll certainly be welcomed generously, I would imagine, by the older element of the Barnsley support who still cherish their memories of Sir Ronald Glavin.

As he's now attached to an English Championship club, he'll no doubt be propelled into the next Scotland squad. I hope so anyway.

Whatever happens, I wish him well. Best central defender we've produced for quite some time, in my opinion.

• Like 1

What a sad reflection on the mindset inherent in the national set-up: if you play for Partick Thistle, a top six Premiership side, you will not be selected for the national squad. As soon as you move to another team, you will be. Or if you are clearly hopeless but play at Ibrox or Parkhead, you have an excellent chance of being selected.

What a sad reflection on the mindset inherent in the national set-up: if you play for Partick Thistle, a top six Premiership side, you will not be selected for the national squad. As soon as you move to another team, you will be. Or if you are clearly hopeless but play at Ibrox or Parkhead, you have an excellent chance of being selected.

Is there any evidence to support this claim?