New Sponsor

Pinhead

Are we to assume that moving from a longer term deal to a one year deal that Just Employment have again stepped into the void because nobody else wanted to sponsor us? Also no mention of the value of the deal or trumpeting of how good it is for the club like last time. Doesn't sound too promising...

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/just-employment-law-becomes-jags-main-sponsor/

Have to say I reluctantly agree. If correct then the recent publicity we've had over being in top 6 hasn't helped us much. Lucky we got top 6 then as the money made for that will offset the loss of sponsorship cash. Disappointing: we obviously can't attract sponsorship of the level of Aberdeen, Hearts, etc. (Celtic are on a different planet) but you'd think with all the publicity over Kingsley (still gets a mention now and then) and being in top 6 would allow us to get improved deals though commensurate with our size of club but it would seem we've gone backwards.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Glass half full.

Kingsland Capital was a freak occurence. Investment firm from California sponsoring football club in Scotland. Made no sense or logic.

Just Employment Law are a decent size company, long term supporters of the club and logically the correct size for a club who average 3500 fans.

We still have Kingsley. A fantastic mascot that is instantly recognisable.

Kinda agree with Pinhead. I doubt any on going business keen to sponsor would prefer such a short deal.

I still feel tho' we'd be viewed as a more attractive venture now than we were a few years back. Again point out that bringing in a more sustainable sponsor would likely be the remit of the commercial manager.

Never ceases to amaze why the first reaction is to look at the negative side of any news.

The terms may be just as good as the last sponsorship per season however only termed for one season as this suits the sponsor.

Sure the club would obviously want a longer deal and may have had longer offers at lesser value for all we know.

Given the choice in their position I would have went for a shorter deal but maintaining the seasonal value. Another successful season next year and possibly a cup run would increase the profile and I'm sure the marketability.

Am I right in saying that this is the last season of the Joma deal? If so, at least come the end of the 17/18 season, we have a clean slate with a potential long term sponsor and new/better kit supplier to work with.

If so that explains why it is taking so long for the new kit to come out but I am not complaining because I was never a big fan of Joma anyway

If so that explains why it is taking so long for the new kit to come out but I am not complaining because I was never a big fan of Joma anyway

We are still stuck with Joma for the upcoming season at least. I think the delay was due to waiting for JEL to be confirmed as the sponsor so it could be printed on the shirts.

Wonder too if we are being selective about a shirt sponsor? Many others are in bed with either betting companies or drink companies. Wonder if as a family friendly club or as a condition of input from The Weirs we have to be selective about a sponsor? I am good with avoiding betting and drink companies but wonder how much it would take to buy my approval? Would probably be ok with someone coming in with enough cash to do a RB Leipsig for example.

RB Leipzig?! Change the name of the club, the strip and make us the most hated club in the country?

We could slay children at the start of all our games and I don't think we'd hit top 3 most hated clubs in Scotland...

If someone changed the name and the strip then I'd have a total meltdown and support one of the smaller Edinburgh teams instead though.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Lacking a commercial manager can't have helped with this stop gap sponsor. I guess the Kingsford thing kinda fell into our laps with the Shrigley connection.

Off the pitch we still have so much work to do. A but shambolic tbqh.

Lacking a commercial manager can't have helped with this stop gap sponsor. I guess the Kingsford thing kinda fell into our laps with the Shrigley connection.

A bit shambolic off the pitch, can't believe anyone thinks that. If this is based on us only securing a 1 year sponsorship deal on what may be as good or if not better than the last deal, it's a pretty pathetic description of PTFC at the moment.

We are probably in the best position we have ever been off the pitch,

No or very little debt

A youth academy growing in stature

An investor (Weirs) who support the club under the radar

A new state of the art Training Academy

Aye symbolic right enough???

• Like 1

We are not shambolic. We are one of the best run clubs in the country punching above our weight. Stable, professional with integrity. A small staff to keep costs down as we are a small club.

All this drama makes me think we are a political party more than a football club. One little thing is jumped on and blown out of proportion with soundbites.

Am I right in saying that this is the last season of the Joma deal? If so, at least come the end of the 17/18 season, we have a clean slate with a potential long term sponsor and new/better kit supplier to work with.

Last season was the last year of the four year Joma deal we signed in 2013. The Joma deal has been extended.

did we previously have a commercial manager? Agree so much still seems shambolic off the pitch and this is our 5th season in the premier league as well