Bottom Of The League

stillresigned

Thanks to Sevco being rank and I have to say a very gutsy performance from Dundee we find ourselves at the bottom of the SPFL.

Never a happy place to reside. We can console ourselves that in reality there is little difference between most of the teams out with Celtic. That said our next outing at Firhill is a fixture that becomes all the more important for us to take something from.

I don't like jumping to conclusions, but our inability to beat Sevco is perhaps put into context by the fact that both Accies and Dundee have been able to beat them in recent weeks whilst we tamely submitted at I Rox as per usual.

I make no claim to clarevoyance, but can only hope that the point we got last week at Tynecastle, spurs us on in much the same way a similar result did at a similar time last year. Either that or else...

Made this point elsewhere, but it is beggars belief that we have gone 25 years since beating Rangers, whilst Dundee and Hamilton do it on consecutive weeks. Says a lot about our approach and nerve when facing them. Also for Dundee to get 5 shots on goal this evening, whilst we managed a mere 1 against Hearts last week suggests that we don't have the attacking creativity or aptitude to stay in this division as it stands.

• Like 1

A bit obvious but December is a big month. I said elsewhere that after our terrible performance against Kilmarnock we have improved apart from the game at Ibrox.I would think if we can get 12points from our games in December we should still be in touch with the teams round about us. But If we only get 3 or 4 points we will be in trouble.

There doesn't seem to be the same overall confidence about the team's ability to pull themselves out of trouble this time around. The absolute inability to beat Celtic or sevco regardless of circumstances (and it has been absolute now for more than two decades) while other teams beat them at least sometimes partly reinforces the view that we just don't have it in us to compete at the highest level for any length of time.

And yet most of the signings we've made of late look good.....

Perfect occasion to prove all the doubters, including me, wrong!

Edited by Jaggernaut

As It Stood. 30th November 2016

Team P W D L GD Pts

Celtic. 12 11 1 0 27 34

Hearts. 15 7 5 3 12 26

Rangers. 15 7 5 3 3 26

Aberdeen 13 7 3 3 10 24

St Johnstone. 14 5 4 5 0 19

Motherwell. 14 4 3 7 -6 15

Dundee. 15 4 3 8 -6 15

Ross County. 15 3 6 6 -11 15

Hamilton. 14 2 8 4 -4 14

Inverness CT. 15 3 5 7 -8 14

Kilmarnock. 14 3 5 6 -12 14

Partick Thistle. 14 3 4 7 -5 13

I think we’ve been here before.

Last season we had played better without getting the rewards. This season has been blighted by injuries. I’m hopeful we will move up the table once we have more players playing in their natural positions. Plus we have been picking up points apart from our visit to Govan.

• Like 1

Made this point elsewhere, but it is beggars belief that we have gone 25 years since beating Rangers, whilst Dundee and Hamilton do it on consecutive weeks. Says a lot about our approach and nerve when facing them. Also for Dundee to get 5 shots on goal this evening, whilst we managed a mere 1 against Hearts last week suggests that we don't have the attacking creativity or aptitude to stay in this division as it stands.

Comparing like with like we had 5 shots against Rangers in our home league game

I am not at all sure I know what 'injury prone' means. Is it someone who gets kicked off the park by an opponent. It is someone who is fragile?

Perhaps the experts around here could say why any football club doesn't have a reasonable responsibility of care for their employees?

Partick Thistle appears, correct me if I am wrong, to have taken an adult and responible duty of care.

So?

Injury prone: I have the scars.

Frustrating that we can't get a win against the OF (sevco in particular) but of all games the loss at home to Killie is by far the most upsetting this season.

Ibrox the other week was the same old story but I suppose back to back draws (over 90 mins) against that lot and a stonewall penalty away from a draw with Celtic show there's maybe a bit of improvement against the two of them. Whatever we've got a right to be miffed that two teams we'd be very disappointed to lose to can get wins against sevco and we can't.

• Like 1

If we lose to Killie, Dundee & Accies we’re in big trouble, we need at least 6 points from those 3 games and pick some points up from the rest, Can’t see us getting anything from Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs, we never seem to regardless how well we play. Motherwell seem to be flying and County who knows they are very up or down. I fear us finishing December with 2 more points than now due to our injuries, the intense schedule on a depleted squad and suspensions and fresh injuries kicking in

Don't feel we should be writing off any of our home games next month.It wont be easy but Hibs and Motherwell are beatable at Firhill. If we take the attitude we cant beat them at Firhill we might as well just say we are relegated now.As I have said before we should be looking for about 12points from next month,not easy but achievable.

I think its time the league table was posted on the dressing room wall next Saturday just in case anyone forgets the importance of the next few games......

I honestly don't think complacency is one of our team's problems. On the contrary I've seen a few signs of poor confidence levels now and again so I doubt your idea would be motivational.

• Like 1

Yes it is harder this year ,teams around us in bottom six are fighting hard for every point .Think it is going to be a close one at the bottom

We need Aberdeen to win today.

Kily are my fav to get relegated follow bye Ross , Hamilton ,Dundee . :happy2:As for thistle in Archie we trust :fan: