team for tomorrow

sneddon in goals,  the lad has done well, and he is a signed up jag

back 4

been reading qos forums and the fans agree that they have a big problem with their centre backs

they are leaking goals at corners and free kicks

so i would go for anderson and mcginty as centre backs using their height at free kicks etc

elliot and penrice fullbacks 

midfield  

for me this is where we are weakest, and have been for the last couple of seasons

i would go for bannigan and gordon in the middle to do the holding positions 

and play cardle and slater as attacking midfield players supporting mcdonald and doolan

what do you think,  will  gary go with this or will he play 5 at the back

20 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

back 4

been reading qos forums and the fans agree that they have a big problem with their centre backs

so i would go for anderson and mcginty as centre backs using their height at free kicks etc

midfield  

for me this is where we are weakest, and have been for the last couple of seasons

and play cardle and slater as attacking midfield players supporting mcdonald and doolan

That's a good team. My only concern would be a slight lack of width and pace. Fitzy may be a gamble, but I would start with him, with the option to bring Cardle on later.

Gordon and Slater should interchange and at times Slater will be covering to allow Gordon to burst forward.

The Mighty McGinty must be given licence to roam all over the park.

32 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

back 4

midfield  

That’s the team I would go for , with only Bannigan  as the holding midfielder , play on the offensive with that team  and I think we’ll win , got to try and get in the habit of trying to push forward more and attack  with 4 or 5 players , maybe even Slater and Cardle getting beyond Macdonald and Doolan at times to cause a threat .

Edited by jlsarmy

51 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

back 4

midfield  

I think that is the team, to be honest I think it almost picks itself.  

But [ignoring any injuries] I would be thinking to bring on young Fitz for the last half hour if we were chasing the game and possibly even Harkins [I know he's slow, but he can perform for 30 minutes] if we wanted to keep possession and hold onto a lead.

Presumably,  Caldwell will keep abreast of what is happening at other grounds during the game.  Worryingly, he may be tempted to overcomplicate the tactics and subs if things are going pear shaped.  Selection and tactics are not his forte, and the arrival of Miles Storey on the pitch will give more cause for alarm than usual.  He may also be tempted to shuffle through the contents of some envelopes he has recently received for some inspiration.

52 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s the team I would go for , with only Bannigan  as the holding midfielder , play on the offensive with that team  and I think we’ll win , got to try and get in the habit of trying to push forward more and attack  with 4 or 5 players , maybe even Slater and Cardle getting beyond Macdonald and Doolan at times to cause a threat .

Seems a good shout to me. Who knows how that plastic pitch will effect us. 

6 minutes ago, JeanieD said:

Apparently the lists in the envelopes have resulted in the following selection:

Me

Me; Not me; Him; Maybe me

Not him; Me; Me; Not me

Maybe him; Deffo not him

Seems fair enough

I wouldn't be picking Not Me. I think he's been lacking in confidence.

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Seems a good shout to me. Who knows how that plastic pitch will effect us. 

as wattie always told me it's eleven against eleven 

if we have the ball they can't score

in other words every 50/50 ball tomorrow is ours, no more ***** footing, let's get right at them from ko

if they have the ball, pressure the guy in possession, don't give him time to play a telling pass or cross

we as supporters expect ,no demand 100%  effort from every jags player tomorrow

we deserve at least that, especially having to watch the dross that has been served up over the past two seasons

we can and we will win this game tomorrow

so let's get at it  :thumbsup2:

Anderson’s finished imo, he started off great but he gets worse each game I don’t think he can play consecutive games in a row my team would be:

Sneddon (gk)

Elloitt (rb)

Saunders (cb)

Mcmillan (cb)

Penrice (lb)

Slater (cm)

Bannigan (cm)

Spittal (cam)

Cardle (lw)

Mcdonald (st)

Fitzpartick (rw)

Score prediction 1-1

12 hours ago, watties wallies said:

back 4

midfield  

Looks a good side. As long as it looks nothing like the last game against Ayr, I would be fairly confident.  I reckon Harkins coming on for 30 mins or so to give some solidity in the midfield might be no bad thing. If Big Sean can get forward the way he has been recently and not make the poor long ball passes he always tries, that may hurt them. Fitzy on for a bit at the end to run at them and unsettle their defence.