New manager/coach

Big Wull

37 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Scott Allison

@scoallison

Delighted to be back in the U.K. and to join the staff at Nottingham Forest FC. Great first week working with the coaches and players in the Professional Development Phase (PDP). Looking forward to season ahead

It was the following part in the article containing the job advert which intrigued me:

"This is an opportunity to grow what we are already extremely proud of and create something even stronger. There is a new level of financial and logistical support coming into the club, an appetite via fan ownership to produce in the TWYA something extremely special."

Sounds promising but would like to hear more detail once the club are in a position to give it.

Looks like Ross Wilson got in there first 

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Anyone care to explain the meaning of "logistical support". Not meaning explain the term in the broader sense, more in terms of this specific advertisement. 

I suspect it means not just money but support in terms of facilities and how best to utilise the money available to the greatest effect .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people said I was daft for identifying the goalkeeping position as being an area of concern. I think it's clear to see that we won't win anything with Sneddon and Mitchell. Sneddon was all at sea for that second goal. Completely unaware of where he should be positioned. A competent and commanding GK would assist at least a little with our frail back line. 

1 hour ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

A lot of people said I was daft for identifying the goalkeeping position as being an area of concern. I think it's clear to see that we won't win anything with Sneddon and Mitchell. Sneddon was all at sea for that second goal. Completely unaware of where he should be positioned. A competent and commanding GK would assist at least a little with our frail back line. 

Indeed. Crap goalkeeper, nervy back four. Which we have.

5 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Maybe that could be turned around: defence was all at sea, completely unaware of where to be positioned or what to do. Competent and commanding defenders are supposed to protect the goalkeeper.

• 2 weeks later...