Season Tickets 23/24

Fawlty Towers

Count completed and I make it 1901 sold :clapping:

Again for comparison it took until after the 31st of July last year to get there.

All sections in the John Lambie now have more sold at this stage than they did overall last season. All sections in the Jackie Husband are on track to do the same.

If you could not get to the office or phone today then you can do it online over the weekend, it would be great to hit 2000 by Sunday night.

https://ptfc.co.uk/season-tickets/

• Like 1

Pretty tremendous figures, there. Not only is it clear that supporters loved the way the team was playing under Doolan, it also seems that the ultimate disappointment (where a combination of questionable events on and off the field played no small part) has served to galvanize them into fully supporting the club.

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Pretty tremendous figures, there. Not only is it clear that supporters loved the way the team was playing under Doolan, it also seems that the ultimate disappointment (where a combination of questionable events on and off the field played no small part) has served to galvanize them into fully supporting the club.

It is 5 weeks today until the first home league game so we have that time to get another 1100 sold and we exceed 3000 which would be some achievement. There will be some people who will leave it until the end of this month for financial reasons but if we can keep that total ticking along it just helps add to the positivity around the place.

33 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Would anyone care to summarise what he said? I can’t be arsed with these annoying video clips.

Think you are in the wrong thread.

However Kris was talking about the qualities of Williams and Robinson. He sees Robinson as a supplier not a main striker. Talked about have scouting system in place - 3 in Scotland and 3 in England. His joining TJF and importance of relationship between fans and players.

Also something about stopping a pigeon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

As we head in to the start of a new week that will see the first time the fans can see the team in action this season let's hope that at the end of Monday the club can announce we have passed the 2000 mark.

The phones & office open at 1pm on Monday until 4pm (10am start Tues - Thurs then back to 1pm on Friday). If you can't wait until then online sales are 24/7.

I decided to do a count tonight without letting you in advance (I am that sort of person) and am glad I did so as by my reckoning we have gone past the 2000 mark - I make it 2003.

Hopefully the club will be able to confirm this tomorrow and we can push on towards the 3000 barrier.

Well done :clapping:

• Like 6

I am fairly sure my count last evening was correct so not sure why our normally excellent media team have not managed a bit of the website, twitter and facebook to thank the fans and encourage further sales. Maybe tomorrow when there is a bit of attention around the club with the manager and players at Greaves (I hope).

On 7/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

I decided to do a count tonight without letting you in advance (I am that sort of person) and am glad I did so as by my reckoning we have gone past the 2000 mark - I make it 2003.

Hopefully the club will be able to confirm this tomorrow and we can push on towards the 3000 barrier.

Well done :clapping:

Plus One Martin,renewed mne this morning the 7th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, falklandal1 said:

Plus One Martin,renewed mne this morning the 7th.

All makes sense now, obviously the club did not want to announce anything until you had renewed!

Looking forward to another season of guess the time the pieman arrives (you need to sit in our rows to get that one).

Always room for more though:

• Haha 1

From the manager at the Greaves event on Friday:

Boss Doolan added of the impressive early season ticket sales: "It's not surprising because if you look at any of the games since I've been back the crowds have been going up and up and up.

"The play-offs really typified that for me, the level of support. You are looking round the stadium and there are 8,000 fans.

"The fan base is there, it's just a matter of getting as many season tickets sold as we can.

"To have sold 2,000 already I think for a club like this is amazing and we are hoping for more.

"We want to get to 3,000 that's the mentality of wanting to get better all the time. And the more we sell, hopefully the more money I get to spend on players and that works back in our favour in terms of what you see on the pitch.

"To get 2,000 is amazing and I know we will get more because I believe in the Thistle fans, I believe they will turn out in numbers like they have done year after year.

"I think we are ahead of schedule in terms of numbers. We want to get to 3,000 and to get to 4,000 because I want the club to get better all the time."

• Like 1

With 4 weeks remaining until the league campaign starts at home we are at 2053 season tickets sold. When I did my final count last season on the day afternoon our first home game we had sold 2030 so already 23 ahead :clapping:

As Kris is looking for 3000 we have 4 weeks to get another 947. Looking at the sections in both stands there are still quite a few seats still to be renewed so hopefully once they do get renewed plus new ones getting bought we will get there.

For those wanting to do it over the phone or in person, the office is open from 1pm on Monday (and Friday) and 10am Tuesday to Thursday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I admire Kris’s optimism but I’d be very surprised (and delighted) if we get over 3000. Prove me wrong Jags fans!

I think a lot will depend on how many of the fans who got on board towards the end of the season and through the play offs can commit to a season ticket. We do have a very good media team so hopefully they will have some plans up their sleeve for a big push in the final few weeks of sales. There is still one pay day between now and the start of the season so there will be some people holding off until then I expect as well. Hopefully the club will have staff available at the Open Day for people to purchase season tickets on the day.

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I think a lot will depend on how many of the fans who got on board towards the end of the season and through the play offs can commit to a season ticket. We do have a very good media team so hopefully they will have some plans up their sleeve for a big push in the final few weeks of sales. There is still one pay day between now and the start of the season so there will be some people holding off until then I expect as well. Hopefully the club will have staff available at the Open Day for people to purchase season tickets on the day.

Think you're right re. some people waiting until late July to renew, I'm one of them.

My ST has pretty much been a donation, brought on by the way I felt we were unfairly treated when the league finished early and we got relegated. This will be my 4th ST in a row (and ever), and I've only been to one home game since I bought them. I donate the ticket but hope to get up a bit more next season.

I feel other 'new' ST holders have joined for a combination of reasons, good football being one but also to show support to a team (our team), that hasn't been treated well, one way or another. 

Anyway, I wonder how many ST's have yet to be renewed. I reckon 80% or so, will rebuy before the end of the month.

You could add that to the 2,053 ST's already sold and then add a couple of hundred more for first time buyers. Extremely rough calculations I know but I think it won't be far off that. 

• Like 1

Jags for Good have already raised £10k for the purchase of season tickets, for those not able to currently afford one, which the club says it will match, I make that another 60 tickets, once fundraising is complete? 

Edited by jagfox

Tremendous from the fans to back the team buying season tickets but wonder how many others are like myself (Maybe not many)

Haven't renewed my ticket and may just pay at the gate.

Think I only stayed for the full 90 mins twice due the amount of lacklustre attempts to secure winners or equalisers towards the end of games.

We were so so predictable that I think I only missed 1 or 2 goals by leaving at various times after about 65 minutes.

End of season we obviously picked up and had a good run but I avoided all playoff games aswell, as they were televised.

There were at least 3 or 4 games I went to last season that I would have avoided had I not had a season ticket. Sure it will be the same again this season so I think I'll pick and choose.

Call me a bad fan, fair weather fan or whatever but I've followed Thistle for 35+ years and it wears you down. 

Hamilton and Cove back to back probably made up my mind at the start of 2023. 

I'll probably join TJF instead.

Hats off to those that have bought a ST though.  I need a season off. 

Edited by The Legend Blows

12 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

Tremendous from the fans to back the team buying season tickets but wonder how many others are like myself (Maybe not many)

Haven't renewed my ticket and may just pay at the gate.

Think I only stayed for the full 90 mins twice due the amount of lacklustre attempts to secure winners or equalisers towards the end of games.

We were so so predictable that I think I only missed 1 or 2 goals by leaving at various times after about 65 minutes.

End of season we obviously picked up and had a good run but I avoided all playoff games aswell, as they were televised.

There were at least 3 or 4 games I went to last season that I would have avoided had I not had a season ticket. Sure it will be the same again this season so I think I'll pick and choose.

Call me a bad fan, fair weather fan or whatever but I've followed Thistle for 35+ years and it wears you down. 

Hamilton and Cove back to back probably made up my mind at the start of 2023. 

I'll probably join TJF instead.

Hats off to those that have bought a ST though.  I need a season off. 

Obviously, you can decide what to do. Buying a ST gives you, I think, 4 or 5 free games compared to PATG. It’s maybe just on the borderline for you. 

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Obviously, you can decide what to do. Buying a ST gives you, I think, 4 or 5 free games compared to PATG. It’s maybe just on the borderline for you. 

Renewal £310

14 x £22 = £308

Means I can 'pay it up' in effect and also dodge the inevitable mid season slump and horsings by Dundee United plus dismal displays against whatever teams are bottom of the league when they turn up at Firhill

Would love to be in a position financially to buy one and just go whenever but like most folks I've got other things to pay for.

May have a change of heart but with my usual pessimistic outlook on life you'll be lucky if half the games at Firhill are worth going to. Judging by all the preseason chat and standard of trialists/targets (or lack of) I boldly predict a 6th place finish. 

4 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Think you're spot on with this and it can wear you down.

Has been the same with Scotland but things are on the up.

We're stuck with them, although we know it's our own choice really.

Who'd want to support Barcelona and Argentina anyway. It just wouldn't be the same.