Season Tickets 23/24

Fawlty Towers

Just another point, and it's one that I think I'm more extreme on than anyone else, but interested to know if anyone else shares my thoughts.

I definitely wouldn't buy a season ticket for the Premier league. In fact I'm not sure how much I'd go to games in the Premier league. This is because, for me, var absolutely ruins football. This has nothing to do with last weekend.

To me, the essence if football is absolutely reliant on the immediate release and joy of a goal being scored. If goals have to be checked and rechecked before they are counted, something essential is lost. This essential ingredient in what is supposed to be entertainment, is much more important than every single decision being "correct" (which var has failed to provide anyway).

I very much doubt it will happen, but I really hope that var is eradicated. If everyone felt like me then it would be, because attendances and live TV subscriptions would crash. But I don't think everyone does.

• Like 3

Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to remember that pre-covid season tickets came in the form of a card (about credit card size), with a barcode (I think).  Am I now completely out of touch? Is there still some kind of card, or booklet of vouchers for each match (hehe, going back in time now)? If so, can it be collected from the office (though that wouldn't be by me!)?

By the way, a view shared among members of my Jags kin is that Tiffoney is no great loss. Yes, great to watch when fit and on form, but cost us as many goals as he created, through lack of awareness of other players' positions, sheer greediness, and/or rank finishing. Discuss.

Just now, Jaggernaut said:

Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to remember that pre-covid season tickets came in the form of a card (about credit card size), with a barcode (I think).  Am I now completely out of touch? Is there still some kind of card, or booklet of vouchers for each match (hehe, going back in time now)? If so, can it be collected from the office (though that wouldn't be by me!)?

By the way, a view shared among members of my Jags kin is that Tiffoney is no great loss. Yes, great to watch when fit and on form, but squandered as many goals as he assisted or scored, through lack of awareness of other players' positions, sheer greediness, and/or rank finishing. Discuss.

The first count has been completed!

For context, last season the STs went on sale from 1st June and I did a count on the 7th with the total being 592.

This season they went on sale on 9th June and at just before 5pm today the total was 1009 - an amazing effort by our fans :clapping:

Every section in both stands are showing increases so it is not just in one area. The only thing I can't tell is how many are new purchases but I am sure the club will be able to provide that detail in their next update.

Well done!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

For context, last season the STs went on sale from 1st June and I did a count on the 7th with the total being 592.

This season they went on sale on 9th June and at just before 5pm today the total was 1009 - an amazing effort by our fans :clapping:

Every section in both stands are showing increases so it is not just in one area. The only thing I can't tell is how many are new purchases but I am sure the club will be able to provide that detail in their next update.

Well done!

Indeed, looking good. I too renewed yesterday.

Think tho' it's more than just sales level of STs and speed of renewal. It's likely also to act as a sort of barometer re pay at the gate support as well. An indicator of how Jags fans will be getting behind the Club this coming season.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Well done!

It is a really good response to the disappointment of last week. I thought that after the initial flurry of activity at the end of last week, it would slow right down. Doubling over the weekend and reaching half last season’s total already is great. 
It would be interesting to know if TJF contributions have continued to increase too.

22 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It is a really good response to the disappointment of last week. I thought that after the initial flurry of activity at the end of last week, it would slow right down. Doubling over the weekend and reaching half last season’s total already is great. 
It would be interesting to know if TJF contributions have continued to increase too.

It would appear so:

The Jags Foundation

@Jags_Foundation

·

9h

Good morning Jags fans. Your response to our call to arms has been astonishing. In the last week: More than 250 new/returning members Total monthly pledges up by more than £4k More than £2k in one-off donations Thank you.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Well done!

That’s a fantastic amount FT. Where does it tell you the number on the official website of sold tickets?

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

That’s a fantastic amount FT. Where does it tell you the number on the official website of sold tickets?

It doesn't unfortunately.

If you go to the buy your season ticket tab you can look at each section in both stands and count the black seats (the sold ones).

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/pD3aDlWazv

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

1000 season tickets sold already

That's encouraging; looks like Doolan's enthusiasm and philosophy (and naivety?) are doing the trick! Here's hoping that we can all persuade one or two lapsed ST holders, or first-timers to get on board. (My bro is a dour, canny Scot..... his Jagzone account is still "suspended" after the old board-related shenanigans!)... hard work!).

Monra Jags. 

Got my first one 3 seasons ago and requested a card. Same size as a Credit Card....

When I renew, I just use the original card, as they just update it each season.

Hear that others' prefer an app on their phone.

Not sure if both options are still available or if it's just the app now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, allyo said:

What physically is a season ticket these days? Am i waiting for something through the post? :)

I've just bought two season tickets - for me and my son. That's what I'm wondering too - assume we'll get email instructions or something in due course