Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

With only 3 weeks to our friendly against Kelty and less than 4 weeks to our first competitive match I would have thought next week would crystalize the future of those out of contract.

We can't afford to wait on them too much longer without it making it very difficult to find alternatives in time.

Already seeing one or two players that could have done a job for us getting signed elsewhere so I would assume we have set a deadline to those out of contract?

44 minutes ago, laukat said:

With only 3 weeks to our friendly against Kelty and less than 4 weeks to our first competitive match I would have thought next week would crystalize the future of those out of contract.

We can't afford to wait on them too much longer without it making it very difficult to find alternatives in time.

Already seeing one or two players that could have done a job for us getting signed elsewhere so I would assume we have set a deadline to those out of contract?

Regardless of the renewing of contracts- we know that some players won’t be back - Tiffoney, Mullen, Brownlie etc so in the meantime we could really do with replacing them while waiting for the others to make a decision even 

8 hours ago, laukat said:

Keep in mind our players only finished their season fourteen days ago. Many - if not all - have been away for some thoroughly deserved holiday with their families during that time period.

I would expect to see developments begin to filter through after tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

To be fair (don't know why I started with that!), there doesn't seem to be all that much happening in terms of comings and goings at many other clubs. At least, not much that's attention-grabbing.

To be fair (sorry just seen your comment on starting with that), I do think we need to be patient. I doubt that the players we are considering are going to jump when they get an offer from Thistle, and I doubt that ours will be the only offer in the table. We may need to wait to see how this pans out. Also, many clubs won’t know who they can let go on loan until they know who they are bringing in.

25 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Docherty, Holt & Turner away. Best of luck to them all, unless it’s Dundee United…

Not surprising but still gutting all the same especially when you add Tiffs.  Do not hope to see any of em back playing against us but best of luck to them.  

17 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Docherty, Holt & Turner away. Best of luck to them all, unless it’s Dundee United…

No big surprise, I guess.

So that leaves the 7 under contract (Mitchell, Milne, McMillan, Graham, Lawless, Fitzpatrick, Dowds) plus possibly Sneddon, Muirhead, Bannigan = 10. Will he want to keep both keepers? Will he want to keep Dowds? Will anyone offer money to tease away Milne and McMillan (hopefully not)? Maybe MacKenzie and Stanway get promoted to the full squad? Either way, plenty of additions needed and some will need to be youngish to keep the average age of the squad in check. 

Not surprised to see all 3 away and in many respects its a good thing we have clarity to move on. Wish all of them the best as they have all contributed.

Although we will have offered all 3 lesser terms than previously they would still have been offered the maximum we can as all 3 would be key players.

So that should mean we can offer terms to what are now going to be our key players going forward.

Hopefully also makes it more achievable to hold onto Muirhead. Given the competition for centre halfs getting him signed for another year might be a good first step.