Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

6 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A 2-0 defeat today against Hibs - one of the worst refs I have seen at this level. Brian Graham got 2 yellows but don't know if that will impact him for the final next week.

The PTWFC highlights show no controversial incidents at all.

But having seen some of the other refereeing performances in these games, I wouldn't expect anything less than dire incompetence.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

The PTWFC highlights show no controversial incidents at all.

But having seen some of the other refereeing performances in these games, I wouldn't expect anything less than dire incompetence.

Yes, there was at least one clear foul prior to them winning the corner from which the second goal came and this was when Graham got his second yellow. It was not so much that there was one big incident he got wrong it was just "lots of little" if you get my drift but if it goes equally against both teams you can live with it but this was all going in one direction.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Yes, there was at least one clear foul prior to them winning the corner from which the second goal came and this was when Graham got his second yellow. It was not so much that there was one big incident he got wrong it was just "lots of little" if you get my drift but if it goes equally against both teams you can live with it but this was all going in one direction.

Thanks; actually, that's what I thought it must have been. The kind of performance that makes you wonder about the officials' motivations. 

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

For anybody who hasn't yet seen it, the Ladies' League Cup Final song is up on Youtube.

Let's hope the team have got more life about them, for the song is dire, no way can you Boogie to that..  All the best for Sunday.

For those that follow the team can you explain why we don't have our own keeper? I read that our normal 1st choice is on loan from Rangers & she can't play, so we've taken a goalie from Celtic on an emergency 7 day loan and she will play. That seems a crazy situation

1 minute ago, jaggy said:

For those that follow the team can you explain why we don't have our own keeper? I read that our normal 1st choice is on loan from Rangers & she can't play, so we've taken a goalie from Celtic on an emergency 7 day loan and she will play. That seems a crazy situation

That would make our victory even sweeter!

Good luck to young Ava in her career. I'm sure she'll be disappointed with her positioning at the first Rangers goal when she watches the replay. She left so much space on her right, I  thought it was one of these 'fair play' incidents where you let the opposition score. 

27 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Good luck to young Ava in her career. I'm sure she'll be disappointed with her positioning at the first Rangers goal when she watches the replay. She left so much space on her right, I  thought it was one of these 'fair play' incidents where you let the opposition score. 

Would be only fair to balance that by saying that there was not a lot Ava could have done about the other goals and that she made some great saves, especially in the second half. Indeed, even though obviously tiring, the whole team did really well to keep Rangers out for the last 40 minutes of the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

I note that twat Barton has decided to mock her at goal to his near 3million followers on twitter.  Sad man.

Haven’t posted for a long time but felt the need as that twat Barton does my head in however on the real positive side don’t think he realized who her father is 🤔🤔 well I know who my monies on should they ever come head to head😋😋 can’t see Barton visiting Paisley any time soon 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sandy said:

I have not seen Barton”s social media post and I do not want to see it, but would he not have been better raving about Rachel Donaldson’s wonder strike. I suspect that he will not have scored a better goal than that in his rather up and down football career.

Back to Ava Easdon. From my excellent vantage point high in the stand, the gap left for the first goal looked obvious. I am sure that it is not so easy on the ground when you realise that your whole defence has abandoned you and there is no option but to come rushing out trying all the time to protect your near post (which Ava managed successfully!). Beyond that I cannot remember any significant mistakes. I do recall a brave save at the feet of a Rangers attacker, as a result of which Ava had to receive treatment. Absolutely no chance with the 2nd and 4th goals. For the 3rd she had the shall I stay or shall I go dilemma when the Rangers forward outpaced the defence and came through centrally one on one. In the end she came and the attacker poked the ball past her. I do not think that staying would have produced any better outcome. 

After the 4th goal she adopted Gandalf’s “You shall not pass” declaration from the Bridge of Khazad-dum and kept the Rangers Balrog at bay for 40 minutes with some excellent saves, including from a few high net bound efforts. So, taken in the round, a creditable performance on a challenging day, and a cause for praise and encouragement rather than excessive criticism.

Ava Easdon, we salute you!

• Like 6

A 3-0 defeat today.

A question for those that are more knowledgeable about these things - next season with the additional income the League Cup final would have brought, higher league attendances, etc would it be possible to get a squad put together which does not have as many loan players?

It looks, from the outside, that when we come to play the best teams we are handicapped by having to sit key players out as they are on loan so we are trying to compete against them with a weakened team when it is already hard enough given the part time/full time issue.

I am sure the management team will want to continue the progression that has been in place the last few seasons but like so many things finance will play its part.