PTFC Trust sack Chairman …..

javeajag

3 hours ago, Very Bitter Jag said:

Holy moly! We are a Scottish team playing in the scottish league, of course we can fly a saltire without it being a political anything! 

We're a British team too.

I don't like flags. Countries are just made up political entities, so there's no such thing as a non-political national flag.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

I feel its a sad day that a Scottish football team, who play in the scottish leagues should have to justify/refrain from flying the Scottish flag. That said It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't flown, unless maybe for when we are representing Scotland in a European tournament! 

This my last post on the matter, just bugs me Scottish people and or companies and or the Scottish government get grief for wanting to fly the Scottish flag in Scotland as if it is default anti England or British. When the hell can it be flown? Either ban flying flags in all countries or let Scotland fly theirs like any other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Imagine being offended by the flying of the Scottish flag in Scotland.

You do see it a lot in England with the English flag.

It's not so much that the saltire is inherently imbued with political meaning, but it has been used a lot to make political statements in the last few years, that I'd be unhappy being associated with.   Although, on balance, I would probably still view it as somewhat apolitical.  I used to think the same of the Union Flag, so things do change.

This does feel like a bit of a distraction.  One thing I've valued in being a Thistle fan is not having support around us wrapped either metaphorically or physically in flags for symbolism.

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Whether it is or is not a symbol of independence, if some people believe it to be so, should we not refrain from flying the saltire just to remove all doubt ? Inclusivity is what we should support

Sorry, could you run that by me again: How would refusing to fly the saltire at Firhill promote inclusivity?

8 minutes ago, Mr Scruff said:

You do see it a lot in England with the English flag.

It's not so much that the saltire is inherently imbued with political meaning, but it has been used a lot to make political statements in the last few years, that I'd be unhappy being associated with.   Although, on balance, I would probably still view it as somewhat apolitical.  I used to think the same of the Union Flag, so things do change.

This does feel like a bit of a distraction.  One thing I've valued in being a Thistle fan is not having support around us wrapped either metaphorically or physically in flags for symbolism.

Too many offended people in the world 

38 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Sorry, could you run that by me again: How would refusing to fly the saltire at Firhill promote inclusivity?

Too me it doesn't, but looking at the comments on here, some would prefer it wasn't flown. I am not suggesting refusing to fly the flag, more choosing not to. one of these cases where you can't please all the people all the time.

43 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Too me it doesn't, but looking at the comments on here, some would prefer it wasn't flown. I am not suggesting refusing to fly the flag, more choosing not to. one of these cases where you can't please all the people all the time.

Alternatively, all stop talking about flags and in a couple of weeks it will all be forgotten and we can start bickering over some other trivial issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

So anyway back to the boardroom.   Do we only have 3 directors? Richard Beastall still on official site but he resigned a few weeks ago.

No, that's not correct. Richard Beastall is very much still a director of the football club. As are Caroline Mackie, Andrew Holloway and Dougie McCrea. Four directors.

It was Fergus Maclennan that resigned a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

No, that's not correct. Richard Beastall is very much still a director of the football club. As are Caroline Mackie, Andrew Holloway and Dougie McCrea. Four directors.

Who is doing the Board evaluation ?

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Who is doing the Board evaluation ?

Ah the sweet smell of a meaningless task. I suspect that very few fans would be remotely interested. Anyway we have social media who evaluate every tiny bit of what goes on in PTFC. I give you flaggate as a living example of that.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

But is it only Mr McCrea who really counts?

Edited by Jaggernaut

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

But is it only Mr McCrea who really counts?

This is what I want to know. We have 4 directors but is it a case of what Dougie wants Dougie gets? Does he pay lip service to the other 3 or is there a genuine 4 way split of power and it's all rosy in Firhill Towers?

39 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

This is what I want to know. We have 4 directors but is it a case of what Dougie wants Dougie gets? Does he pay lip service to the other 3 or is there a genuine 4 way split of power and it's all rosy in Firhill Towers?

I think the key thing here is that we have the PTFC trust with I believe  one Tjf trustee out of four, the board with two Tjf members of his four but was five,  therefore the Foundation does not run either but gets blamed very often for the decisions of others. 

there needs to be a culture shift within the Board and the Trust to recognise we are fan owned and that involving fans in decisions and ideas is now part of who we are, not an afterthought.

• Like 2