Firhill Looks Good Here

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

Whisky 🥃 , vodka 🥃, or Rum, Speedy recovery A.J.

Thanks for the good wishes. :thumbsup2: :fan:

27 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Hope a Thistle win makes you feel  bit better.

Hot water with Honey and Lemon in, for those that don't partake.

Thanks for the good wishes. :thumbsup2: :fan:

45 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thought this might be of interest: Ayr United have got some major work going on at the open terracing across from their stand. Already got the frame of a roof on.

That's interesting. I was doing a parkrun in Ayr last Saturday morning, and after the (slow!) run I got talking to someone and conversation moved on to football. He mentioned that Ayr United were carrying out major stadium reconstruction work. I was (unfairly) dismissive, saying that Ayr had been talking about this for at least 20 years with never a sign of progress! However, he was insistent that he worked close to the stadium and that major works were ongoing. You have just proved that he was totally right and I was totally wrong!

As an aside, after 156 unscathed parkruns, at my 157th in Ayr I was felled by a nastily placed tree root. As I hit the deck, I could have sworn I heard the tree shouting "Diver!"

Compare what Ayr are doing with Queens Park. Two clubs that haven't been too far away from promotion in recent seasons. That looks impressive at Somerset Pk whereas what's going on with Lesser Hampden is non sensical (or perhaps devious).

Btw I think Morton's plans for Cappielow also laudable. Do absolutely **** all in the way of ground improvement by making sure they're never in a league position to worry about it. They appear to be well ahead of schedule with regards to that.

14 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thought this might be of interest: Ayr United have got some major work going on at the open terracing across from their stand. Already got the frame of a roof on.

not before time, but should lead to an even better atmosphere when we visit in future