Just In ( V Falkirk)

Stoggy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the great enigma that bursts my bits !!!

Attack is the best form of defence.. Craig Levein is a feckin arse in regard to that!

If we are attacking them...they are defending..end result is ..they are not attacking us...is it a rocket science ?

But what if they're better that attacking then you? Playing it attacking would've left us open at the back allowing their pacey forwards to get in behind. Sitting deep and hitting on the break was the way to beat Falkirk today.

Edited by Lord Rosebury

Have you fully read my post ? Doubt it !

Attacking leaves the play in the other end of the park !

Defending with 11 behind the ball, not only fecks the fan's off but is only likely to end in the result we had ala Prague !

Never get my head round anyone who can see the benefit of defending like that.

yes i did (and even re-read it just incase. :rolleyes:

nobody is asking for the scotland tactic, just that there is a balance.

if your way worked as well as you think it does, then everyone would do it, could be rocket sience....but i doubt it ;)

What a fantastic result. We're definately starting to turn the corner.

I felt Hardie made such a difference to our play today with his work rate and arial ability. I think him and Doolan could form a very decent partnership. We looked really organised today and the players were totally up for the battle.

We were excellent and the first half and we deserved to be ahead at half time. Paton took his goal brilliantly and I thought he had a cracking game today.

I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't press Falkirk more in the second half, as I felt they were there for the taking. Our defence was extremely deep and we were inviting trouble, although Falkirk didn't offer much up front.

Another negative was the performance of Bryn Halliwell. He fluffed more than his fair share of crosses and he didn't inspire confidence at all. I nearly had a heart attack every time he came for a cross!

The defence is starting to look the part. Kinniburgh had another excellent game in my opinion and it's great to see him shut the boo boys up.

Liam Buchannan is a real cause for concern. He looked overweight and off the pace. It's hard to beleive that he used to be one of the best strikers in this league.

But overall, an excellent day for us despite the best efforts of the referee who had one of the worst games ever. He must have booked about 10 players and it was never a dirty game.

Onwards and upwards and hopefully more of the same next week at Forthbank.

All of this. Unfortunately with the bit in bold Halliwell knows (as Tuffey did before him) his place in the team is safe whilst we do not have a no.2 keeper.

I still love The Twadfather. It's a shame that he has to play for Falkirk and not the Jags, but he wouldn't shift Boyle from our team these days. Anyone see Paddy at centre forward at the middle of the second half? I had a wee look at where Archie and Willie were and they had both shifted across to cover him. Thought the defence did really well today.

A good three points today - and moving up the league! Hopefully the next couple of weeks will see us right a couple of the wrongs from the first quarter of the season.

First half Falkirk sent just about everything down the right wing so they were reletively easy for us to contain. Second half they realised they could use the whole width of the pitch and sarted to cause us problems.

Today in the second half, I thought we looked scared to loose a goal and got everyone back to try and keep the lead. As long as we can score, i'm happy to win 1-0 until the end of the season.

MMMH was a breath of fresh air today - against the more physical teams he'll help us compete, and the rest won't be able to deal with him - if we can get him fit and keep him that way, we've got to try and hold onto him for as long as we can.

Falkirk really are a bunch of moaning wee f*nnies from their manager downwards.

Pressley's comments show what a numpty he really is:

http://www.kicktalk.co.uk/?tag=partick-thistle

What a complete *****! Falkirk's tactics consisted of the back 4 keeping possession for ages, then punting it forward! Hardly quality football. Yes, they had a lot of possession but rarely looked like doing anything with it.

I still love The Twadfather. It's a shame that he has to play for Falkirk and not the Jags, but he wouldn't shift Boyle from our team these days. Anyone see Paddy at centre forward at the middle of the second half? I had a wee look at where Archie and Willie were and they had both shifted across to cover him. Thought the defence did really well today.

Totally agree. Missing something in midfield but a well deserved 3 points. A couple of scary moments but I thought we contained them well. Onwards and upwards...

But overall, an excellent day for us despite the best efforts of the referee who had one of the worst games ever. He must have booked about 10 players and it was never a dirty game.

I've seen that referee before - a few times. He's one of those that thinks the ref's the star of the game. If there was any serious checking up on refs, he'd never be seen above schoolboy level.

Anyway good result. The recent set up by McCall remins me of Lambie when we were a fixture in the SPL. If we ever had a bad run of results he'd set us up to be totally defensive. His mantra always was, losing can become a habit, so if we were on a run of losses we'd pack the midfield and just get draws until we'd had a run undefeated.

I don't think we're quite that bad in our present set up but we're hard to beat. With time the confidence should be back in the team and we should be able to progress from this.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Throughout his time on the pitch, Hardie showed us the thing we've been missing since he was last in red'n'yella - DIG! - and plenty of it. That quality is so often the difference between success and hard luck. I lost count of the number of times he backed into or elbowed an opponent when the ref wasn't looking only for the opponent to retaliate in full view of the ref - notably Twaddle. :lol:

Also, worth a wee mention for Paton and Kinniburgh. Big improvements compared with last year. Big plus marks, too, for Archie and Boyle.

Some interview, that, with Pressley. Quite the dobber.

Throughout his time on the pitch, Hardie showed us the thing we've been missing since he was last in red'n'yella - DIG! - and plenty of it. That quality is so often the difference between success and hard luck. I lost count of the number of times he backed into or elbowed an opponent when the ref wasn't looking only for the opponent to retaliate in full view of the ref - notably Twaddle. :lol:

Also, worth a wee mention for Paton and Kinniburgh. Big improvements compared with last year. Big plus marks, too, for Archie and Boyle.

Patons workrate was immense. I noted late on a break where he strated 30 yards behind the ball and still made the effort to get there.

Pressley may have a job of convincing the Falkirk fans of his thoughts on the type of Football they are playing based on the large numbers that had left before the end and also the booing of his substituition of Stewart.

I've been a big critic of McCall but credit where credit is due. He set up the team not to lose and it worked. I thought the team worked their socks off and even when the ball was lost, they regrouped and defended well.

It was not pretty to watch and my fingers are chewed down to the knuckles but it was effective and 3 points are what matters.

Ref was a joke and should be binned.

Falkirk were dreadful and just passed it from side to side and then lumped a long ball forward. Halliwell didn't have a serious save to fumble make.

Pressley's an idiot and I doubt he'll last all season. Paton had Twaddle in his pocket all day and I didn't realise how much of a moaning minnie Twaddle has become.

Finally, thought it was a bit of a gamble asking Mr Lambie that question at half time - I fully expected a Jim mcLean type reply - what are you asking me a stupid f'n question like that for???

Well done lads.

Edited by Big Col

Hardie is a big nuisance; the kind of player opponents really hate. Noises them up off the ball, and shows excellent aggression. It was great to see him have such a positive effect today. Got me really thinking that players like Donnelly and Rowson are really yesterday's men.

Archibald and Hardie provided some of the dig and leadership that we have been missing.

Midfield was over run a times, the central 3 are too similar. Rowsen will make a difference when he comes back.

We have to hope our key player’s stay fit, if they do then we should end up mid table.

We were defensively set-up; hardie was dropping back into midfield when Falkirk had the ball making it a 3-6-1 at times. Given the situation we are in this is really the only sensible option.

Two really big games coming up, I would be happy with 4 points.

We wouldn't have won that game without Hardie. Purely from an attacking sense.

As it has been mentioned Archie and Boyle had really good games. Boyle really is coming on good. As a critic at first it is great to see. I can't remember the last player who started pretty badly and came in for criticism frequently and then completely turned it around. Maybe Tuffey when he signed but I wouldn't say that counts.

I'm really happy for Boyle.

Edited by northernsoul

Boyle really is coming on good. As a critic at first it is great to see. I can't remember the last player who started pretty badly and came in for criticism frequently and then completely turned it around. Maybe Tuffey when he signed but I wouldn't say that counts.

If our season stopped today Boyle would get my vote as player of the season.

You've got me thinking about recent players that have completely reversed fans opinions. Tuffey, Harkins & Toastie did to some degree. Those three certainly were individually more valuable to us than Boyle is up to now but at the same time I don't remember any of the three being so decried as Paddy.

There's got to be someone else in the last ten years who's turned it around as much as Boyle but I can't think who. Any suggestions?

Paddy had a nightmare start to the season last year, it was obvious that there was something just not right. It wasn't that he was a bad player, McCall was right to take him completely out of it and re-build his confidence.

If you take his performance from the start of THIS season, Boyle can be counted as one of the best players we have signed in recent years.