Dubdee

Gary Peebles Tackle

Reading between the lines, the SFL are also threatening to bump them down to the third division if they don't get out of administration by the end of March. I think that all teams going into admin should be relegated. The Motherwell fiasco really annoyed me.

Also, I find the attitude of the Dundee fans absolutely astonishing. They are in complete denial of what Dundee have done to the other teams by cheating. Admin for the second time as well! Bunch of muppets. I like to think that us lot would be a bit more realistic about things.

The points reduction should not be changed by the appeal. Appealing is a flaming liberty anyway.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still laughing at my Dundee supporting m8 , hes not taking it too well (neither would I in his shoes) but **** it im having a bit of fun

Makes it more important that we get ourselves sorted out ASAP , would like to see some more from the board on our finances and what the fans can do to help get us out the mess. The issues many had with the board have been removed to IMO it should be a case of getting a lot of heads together and seeing what everyone can come up with that is easy to do and will make us cash.

Just had a quick look at their forum. Most of them are raging at the "injustice"; seems that they thought 10 points would be enough punishment for having bought other teams' best players and offered them wages that were unaffordable. And this the second time in 7 years.

"The SFL wants to destroy the great Dees!" (Ha ha ha).

Most of them are saying they'll boycott every other ground in Scotland. Don't they know it'll be tit for tat?

Ha ha ha.

Not all that sure I want to go there on Saturday, but it's like watching a car crash......

Reading between the lines, the SFL are also threatening to bump them down to the third division if they don't get out of administration by the end of March. I think that all teams going into admin should be relegated. The Motherwell fiasco really annoyed me.

Also, I find the attitude of the Dundee fans absolutely astonishing. They are in complete denial of what Dundee have done to the other teams by cheating. Admin for the second time as well! Bunch of muppets. I like to think that us lot would be a bit more realistic about things.

The points reduction should not be changed by the appeal. Appealing is a flaming liberty anyway.

You're right; 95% of them are in complete denial, and blaming everybody else but their club. That, or they want to decide on the punishment themselves, which would be 10 points maximum, according to many of them.

Agree 100%

I also have a real concern about how this will affect Thistle and the rest of the division. By virtually assuring automatic relegation for Dundee the SFL may have guaranteed half a season of meaningless games for many of the teams. Attendances are only going to decline. I haven't been all season as I just can't get excited enough to justify the money it costs, and I can see many people taking the same view.

Well, if you haven't bothered going so far this season, were you really any more likely to go sometime soon, given that we're not involved in a promotion campaign (yet)?

Agree 100%

I also have a real concern about how this will affect Thistle and the rest of the division. By virtually assuring automatic relegation for Dundee the SFL may have guaranteed half a season of meaningless games for many of the teams. Attendances are only going to decline. I haven't been all season as I just can't get excited enough to justify the money it costs, and I can see many people taking the same view.

Let's not forget, a team can still get relegated by finishing ninth in the table. Ok, we might beat Brechin City in the play-offs, but I'd rather not see it happen.

Edited by Sivad

I'm delighted at this.

Too many clubs have been down this road, and its time to send a message out to others thinking about doing the same. The recession is only going to mean more clubs in difficulty. We've ben struggling financially, and its unfair that other clubs may "gamble" by paying more than they can afford, with a pitiful penalty.

I'm delighted at this.

Too many clubs have been down this road, and its time to send a message out to others thinking about doing the same. The recession is only going to mean more clubs in difficulty. We've ben struggling financially, and its unfair that other clubs may "gamble" by paying more than they can afford, with a pitiful penalty.

Gus I agree with you but have you wondered where we would have been without the Harkins money that we in turn used to offset against our tax demand?

Fair point, but at least we used the extra income to pay our liabilities rather than spending it on replacement players and ignoring the taxman.

Administrator is deluded if he thought they would only get a wee penalty for the cheating, and as a previous poster alluded to, the sackings of players was clearly calculated and premeditated so they could keep the strongest team possible to regain the points they were docked. For that alone, they deserve this punishment. He's just miffed that the SFL have seen through that ploy and rightfully so.

I hope the entire sorry episode shakes Scottish football to the core and all clubs now behave in a reasonable and solvent manner.

Fair point, but at least we used the extra income to pay our liabilities rather than spending it on replacement players and ignoring the taxman.

Administrator is deluded if he thought they would only get a wee penalty for the cheating, and as a previous poster alluded to, the sackings of players was clearly calculated and premeditated so they could keep the strongest team possible to regain the points they were docked. For that alone, they deserve this punishment. He's just miffed that the SFL have seen through that ploy and rightfully so.

I hope the entire sorry episode shakes Scottish football to the core and all clubs now behave in a reasonable and solvent manner.

well said Col - 25 points and embargo is about right in my book - should seal demotion to the 2nd this season.

delighted :thumbsup2:

might sound harsh but this is the 2nd time in 7 years..feck em..they have tried now for years to buy sucess...its about time they paid for their actions....also they may have sell harkins as he will be seen as an asset..however i reckon they will be lucky to get what they paid for him from us :(

Anyhoo..i reckon we will cuff them on saturday..long long overdue :happy2:

If anyone wants a good laugh, I suggest you go on to the Dundee website forum or Dundee Mad and have a read of some of the utter p15h that is being spouted.

"Dundee FC are propping up other clubs with us being the 7th best supported team in the country abd taking 800 - 1000 fans to away games"

"I hope other clubs go into administration"

Thankfully there are some sane people who accept the punishment was just and are rightly aiming their anger at the BoD who got them into the position in which they find themselves.

Edited by Big Col

Gus I agree with you but have you wondered where we would have been without the Harkins money that we in turn used to offset against our tax demand?

Yeah, their stolen money has made its way to our coffer --- but we may well have been sitting 1st or 2nd in league with an extra 1000 or so on the gate. We would have trimmed our squad tighter, cut even more costs, and soldiered on. I think its terrible what they've done. ( Motherwell, Gretna and Livi too). Stronger sanctions will reduce the risk of this,and make clubs think much more about what might happen if they dont win the success they crave.

Yes I also agree with much of this. I'm of the opinion that a club like ourselves could also have slipped into administration for instance thru not being able to find a market to sell our players. On the other hand Dundee have gone into administration thru spending money they didn't have. Clearly then Dundee should be punished in excess.

However my main objection is to the SFL dishing out arbitrary punishment. The SFL are grossly incompetent eg promoting three leagues of ten ensuring repetitive fixtures and a mickey mouse cup, where you not only lose money playing in it but also lose income when you're out of it (a loss of a Saturday league fixture). This is why there should be automatic points deduction for entering administration and further reductions to reflect the level of debt and time spent in administration.

We can't continue having the buffoons that run our game handing out arbitrary punishment. By logic as they continue to make such a mess of running Scottish League football then they're clearly not capable of making reasoned judgement.

if you have a spare hour the Dungdee forum is good laugh with only 1 or 2 admitting they have messed up and deserve it.

personally I would have waited till the end of the season and took away however many points were needed to relegate them and then give them a 10 point deduction so they don't romp 2 div.

I would also dump them in the third if they don't get out of admin by Jull 2011 with the same 10 points

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/dfcforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27738&whichpage=1

Can't believe some of the stuff coming out of the dundee fans..........you'd think they'd focus their anger at the ones responsible for the mess their in....their board.....hey we've had it bad but the dundee board were utter morons.

Wanted the deduction to be higher...30 pts at least but quite happy with 25....though no idea where they came up with the figure.....don't want to see dundee go out of business...but admin twice in 7 yrs is taking the p1ss big time.

The SFL press conference made the good point that in a major League a ten point deduction costs you money, by dropping down the final ranking. But this doesn't happen in the SFL. So what the Dundee fans are asking for is to get off Scot-free. They weren't going to win anyway, and they wouldn't get relegated. They must think the rest of Scottish football are complete mugs.

Well, if you haven't bothered going so far this season, were you really any more likely to go sometime soon, given that we're not involved in a promotion campaign (yet)?

I'm sad to admit it but I'm not the concern here, it's the fans who haven't given it up yet but may end up doing so as the season becomes more meaningless. The point I'm making is that reducing the threat of relegation at this stage of the season isn't necessarily a good thing for the league as a whole, and I think all teams could potentially suffer as a result.

25 points seems a bit harsh and if the authorities only did it to appear tough and be making an example of Dundee then it seems a bit unfair - particularly as it is an ad hoc punishment - penalties including specifics like point deductions and relegation (or even guidelines) for entering administration should be part of football authorities' constitutions published prior to any season starting.

Dundee are certainly guilty of financial mis-management - even fraud come to that - but there but for the grace of God go quite a few other clubs and have got/are getting away with it.

Hopefully Dundee will be man enough to take their punishment (whatever it ends up being) and can move forward - with potential league re-structuring the prospects of their being relegated are slim anyway.

Edited by JeanieD

• Members

If the 25 point deduction remains after an appeal, I'd fully expect Dundee to accept relegation, sell off their prize assets (Harkins and Griffiths) and play out the season with a team of mostly youth players supplemented by the cheapest signed players they still have to cut costs further.

If the 25 point deduction remains after an appeal, I'd fully expect Dundee to accept relegation, sell off their prize assets (Harkins and Griffiths) and play out the season with a team of mostly youth players supplemented by the cheapest signed players they still have to cut costs further.

I'm sure i read somewhere that a championship side are lining up a £150k bid for griffiths in january.

I'm glad they somehow arrived at the 25 point deduction. I was expecting 15 maximum TBH. I agree that they definately should set the punishment in stone as soon as possible for any future club who goes into admin. Its a joke that they didnt after Livvy.

As for the game on Saturday.....I wouldn't of been going anyway but for people who are saying they might go to have a laugh at Dundee's expense I reckon they might end up with egg on their face cos there's every chance that they will pump us! I don't really see how this situation makes us any more likely to beat them TBH.

Anyway thank feck its not us! Scottish football needs to sort itself out pronto though because its bad enough worrying about whether ur club will get relegated without having to worry about your club going financially down the toilet aswell!

will this points deduction take place after the appeal then aye? and if so is there a date for the appeal decision? just thinking if we went there on saturday giving it 'down with the morton' then they dont get the points deduction we will look like muppets! I hope it is decided but it would be bloody typical of the SFL to drag this out till may and leave every other team in the lurch waiting to hear who is getting relegated.....again!