Just In

p12tfc

Poor, very poor

No idea if it was handball or not but it has come from something that we have a problem with in both boxes... WE DONT ATTACK THE BALL!!!

We concede a lot from set pieces and score very few from crosses into the box. Look at deuchers og. There was no jags player within 5 yards of him.

Needs to be addressed...

Edited by p12tfc

That was miserable, but who can honestly say they were surprised. Typical Thistle, just when you go on a half decent run, its time to play the bottom sides in the league....we have seen it all too often!!

One thing was clear today and I think most of us realised this....we are gonna miss Kyle Hutton BIG TIME!!!

Very frustrating today, difficult conditions with the pitch in patches very bumpy. First half we got the ball down well though and tried to play good passing football. Cairney again looked our best player driving forward with confidence at every opportunity.

I agree with previous post about the need for tightening up the defence at set pieces. It was a very scrappy goal by Raith from a corner which did look like a handball. The way the officials dealt with it was a shambles and there is no wonder McNamara lost the plot and was sent to the stand.

Frustrating last 30mins with Raith time wasting whenever possible. Again, the referee struggling to control matters letting things go time and time again. Fair play to the Thistle boys though who kept rallying, especially Paul Paton in midfield who was giving his all. Unfortunately we looked too frantic and there was too many misplaced passes and crosses. You can fault them for effort though, it just wan't our day.

A bad result especially with Ross County and Dundee drawing. Hopefully we can get back on track on boxing day and keep pushing up the league.

I thought we looked pretty good till the free kick in the first half. Their player handballed it so we get a freekick even closer to the box. How many times do teams like Falkirk, Ross County score against us from further away than that. What do we do 2 of the players pass it to each other before someone hit a shot - come on what was that about. We seem to offer no danger from ether freekicks or corners. Raith Rovers who lets face it are not that good only had a few corners but each time they did look dangerous.

I thought Paton, Rowson and Archie were okay today, Cairney was good though I wish he would improve a bit with corner delivery.

Sinclair and O Donnell show they have still plenty to learn, they have potential but today didnt show it, lost count of the amount of times they gave the ball away particularly Sinclair at throw ins seemed to almost every time go to Raith Rovers players.

Jackie has made some decent signings but where he failed spectacularly is with strikers, we desperately need a new striker and Craig Dargo is not the answer thought he was very poor today. I have said it before and said it again with Dunfermline imploding and seemingly going to need to sign some players in the January transfer window we should ask the availability of Liam Buchanan. Also does anyone know where Bobby Donnelly of Airdrie plays in midfield he seems to be scoring for fun, if he would be a replacement for Kyle Hutton then would be an ideal signing. Jackies priority must be a new striker and if it means Dargo or Conrad Balatoni have to be freed in January to give us some money for that then needs must.

Im just pretty hacked off that once again Partick Thistle's most gutless ever captain was able after 90 minutes to trudge off the pitch with a smug smile on his face. A win today would have catapulted us further away from the relegation zone as it is we are still far too close to it for my liking.

Today was a horrible advert for Scottish football. Raith Rover's constant time-wasting from the off was always going to ruin the game. It was only in the dying embers did the ref decide to do anything about it.

Bad day at the office, we simply have no final ball. But onwards and upwards.

Today was a horrible advert for Scottish football. Raith Rover's constant time-wasting from the off was always going to ruin the game. It was only in the dying embers did the ref decide to do anything about it.

Bad day at the office, we simply have no final ball. But onwards and upwards.

To be honest I felt they didnt need to timewaste we could have played all day and still not scored. I also thought we were unintentionally guilty of time wasting. When they scored our players and coaches were continually arguing with the ref over the goal, I can see why they were mad but it was clear I felt the ref was not going to change his mind. Additionally when the ball was kicked into the main stand and it went way up the back rather than get a new ball from the dugout everyone seemed to wait on one poor ballboy having to run up to the main stand to get it before finally someone in the dugout clicked to chuck one of the balls from there over

The Radio said Jackie McNamara got sent to the stand? What was the reason?

Protesting to the ref after he had over ruled the assistant who had flagged for handball when Raith scored.

A disappointing performance from us but it should have resulted in a 0-0 draw and the fact that it did not was down to an official being completely rotten. Anyway we just need to dust ourselves down and put in a better performance against QoS on Boxing Day.

Protesting to the ref after he had over ruled the assistant who had flagged for handball when Raith scored.

A disappointing performance from us but it should have resulted in a 0-0 draw and the fact that it did not was down to an official being completely rotten. Anyway we just need to dust ourselves down and put in a better performance against QoS on Boxing Day.

Nothing to do with the fact that we cant clear our box? Or take our chances at the other end?

The referee didn't cost us the game, the players did that all by themselves.

Be interesting to see the goal again, the ammount of hands flying about the box it might have been a Jags hand the ball hit.

Absolute f()cking g@sh today - it's Cowdenbeath and Stirling from last season all over again! We should have pumped that bunch of lino-licking Fife wasters today and let them take their time wasting, rolling about holding their face despite a dead leg cheating b*llshit back to the Lang Toon shoved firmly up their natal cleft. Grant Murray IN MIDFIELD for them! No-one up the field at CORNERS! For F Sake!

As any fule kno, following Thistle is about highs and lows, but that team of Hearts rejects is the f*cken PITS. Not been this angry for quite some time about a loss...

Brutal game of "football". The age-old problem of trying to score the perfect goal remains a cancer on our game; have a bloody shot, for f*ck sake, the pitch was terribly bobbly and the ball could have went anywhere. The chances we did create were either ballooned over the bar or wide or McGurn was in the right place at the right time to deny us.

A few of our important players didn't turn up today against a Raith side who were there for the taking. O'Donnell's drive and penetrating runs were absent from his game, replaced by hesitant and often inaccurate passing. Sinclair seems to think a cross is hitting the ball as hard as he possibly can which more often than not results in a throw-in to the opposition; he must add a bit of technique to his crossing. Rowson was anonymous throughout and, in my opinion, allowed himself to be bullied out the game by Grant Murray and Iain Davidson.

I've been less than impressed with Christie Elliot on the past few times I've seen him. He looks lost up-front most of the time, in my opinion, and for a big lad, gets brushed off the ball far too easily. He's young, and it is a big jump that he's made in terms of the level of competition, but I think he could be doing a bit better and a spell on the bench would benefit him.

On a related point to Christie, it must be something in the water at Firhill but whenever we get a hold of a striker who allegedly has pace, it vanishes when they step on the pitch. We were told that Doolan was very quick when he signed...which he isn't; agile, yes, but pace to burn? No. We were told that Christie had a lot of pace but I've yet to see him win a footrace with any defender I've seen him up against, and there are some f*cking carthorses in this league.

Cairney played well and I think we'll be lucky to still have him after January and I'll be very surprised if he's still a Jags player next season. Balatoni was my Man of the Match, very solid and assured performance.

The whole refereeing incident was bizarre. Firstly, his flag went up a good few seconds after the ball hit the back of the net. He's obviously seen something amiss and been certain enough about it to call the referee over. What baffles me is how what warranted him to raise his flag to disallow the goal changed in such a short space of time. It annoys the life out of me that these jokers posing as referees have the cheek to strike about their treatment when they cannot do their jobs properly. The guy has clearly seen something and, when under pressure, he has wilted.

But, to be honest, we can only blame ourselves for losing that game. They were there for the taking and we under-performed as we so often do against sides who come and sit in, particularly Raith.

On a related point to Christie, it must be something in the water at Firhill but whenever we get a hold of a striker who allegedly has pace, it vanishes when they step on the pitch. We were told that Doolan was very quick when he signed...which he isn't; agile, yes, but pace to burn? No. We were told that Christie had a lot of pace but I've yet to see him win a footrace with any defender I've seen him up against, and there are some f*cking carthorses in this league.

Not once today, or against Livingston did we play to this strength. Today was long ball, long ball against a team who won pretty much every header and second ball. Not once did something create a chance for him along the deck to chase.

Our strikers kept coming deep to get the ball and as a result had their back to goal, with Raith's back four intact.

didnt expect this result today..typical bloody thistle...was very positive after last week at Morton...alas we didnt have Kyle Hutton again we have struggled.

Season looks all but over bar a good run in the cup.

OK for you, I or any fan to feel that way but very dangerous for that feeling to creep into the team/squad. It's fair to assume that a new young manager like McNamara won't be the greatest of motivators and we're certainly not staffed by players who'd relish a bottom of the table struggle.

Anyway we're only a point further off the top of the league after today :happy2:

My tuppence for what it's worth:-

Agree 100% that we could've been playing all night and still wouldn't have scored however I think the game could've been called off. The park in the wide areas of JHS and also down in the corner by the North Stand was atrocious. Sinclair, Doolan and O'Donnell were all like Bambi on ice. Did we use the undersoil heating at all? It certainly didn't help us get many, if any decent balls in from wide areas and te conditions played a part in this.

This brings me on to the 2nd point about Tumilty. Inept doesn't come close to describing his performance today and considering the refs went on strike last year it should be the players/managers to come out and tell it as it is. In the 1st half Tumilty gave Thistle a corner wen it was clearly a bye kick for Raith. The Raith players protested, pointed to the linesman -sorry ASSISTANT REFEREE- and the decision was quickly and correctly overturned.

Now wind on to 2nd half where the Raith boy hass clearly diverted the ball into the goal with his hand. Tumilty gives the goal, Thistle players ballistic and assistant referee flag up. Tumilty goes over and speaks to him and awards the goal. Now if this had been CFC or RFC- remember the Tannidice controversy when the right decision was made eventually- it would be on the back page of Sunday's and Monday's papers and the fall out would be continuing for weeks to come. But because it's only Partick Thistle...

I sincerely hope the club to the opportunity to ask for clarity from the SFL as to why asst ref put his flag up- obviously as he'd seen infringement- but was overrruled. Also as to whyTumilty only played 3 minutes injury time after all the time wasting.

Only cost us a point imo but refs like this should be docked wages for performances like that. Can you imagine wat would have happened at Ibrox or Parkhead?

I agree with everyone who has said that the referee's (in)decision shouldn't have changed the match - we had more than enough possession against possibly the worst team i've seen visit this season, to win the game easily.

However, I've though at various points this season about how awful the referees have been and how their assistants only seem to be there to judge offside - often they do nothing else and the linesman against Livi was just bizarre. Anyway, after their strike last season, i'd like to see them brough to account more - is their nothing we can do as supporters to at least highlight how bad they are? Could we expect the Jags Trust to complain on our behalf either directly or via supporters direct etc. it really is just a helpless situation when they can change how many points a team could get, with one awful decision. We're not the only set of supporters who would feel agrieved, but I guess the Raith fans would be happy today.

Anyway, today was the first time this season I went to a game feeling optimistic. Serves me right ...

Jackie has made some decent signings .... Jackies priority must be a new striker ......

Armand2 also said this, but multiquote won't function:

"Our strikers kept coming deep to get the ball and as a result had their back to goal, with Raith's back four intact."

Doolan looked very alert today and he might have scored but he is, if anything, too enthusiastic - he keeps tracking back to help out in midfield or getting shepherded out to the wings. He is a player who should not move far from the penalty box, and should seize the opportunities to shoot or to lay off the ball to others. With his good first touch, you'd expect to win a few penalties each season, as some of the cloggers less cultivated centre backs in this division assaulted him paid him too close attention - if the officials deigned to see it, of course. :unsure:

It's all very well saying what our weaknesses are, but much of that game was spent blootering high balls up the park (with Scott Fox one of the miscreants) against a side that we all know plays this type of game as a matter of course. How hard is it to figure out that if it doesn't work for a quarter of an hour or so, it's not going to work for the rest of the time remaining either? (A special mention for Sinclair's throw-ins here, which seemed to be an attempt to show that he could give the ball away repeatedly while throwing it as well as passing it. :thumbdown: )

Poor result. As mentioned before struggled to break down a defensive 4-4-2 a la Culter away, Rovers away and County at home.

First half I thought we were good up to a point. Paton and Cairney were confident and we restricted them to one attack. If we had scored I thought the opposition heads would have gone down.

Gerry jinxed us at half time by pointing out Cairney had a good first half. He went missing a bit in the second. Again he had three chances to score in the first and a chance in the second.

Too many players couldn't get it going today. O'Donnell had his worst game. Elliot didn't suit his wide role, also struggled to hold up ball when through the middle. Doolan had flashes.but his biggest impact was getting in Rowson's road in the second half. This was David's only real impact as well.

Defence had little to do but we still managed to lose a soft goal. Was Fox at fault by saving onto bar? Balatoni seemed solid and only had one lapse just before passage of play that led to their goal. Sinclair got forward in difficult conditions.

Erskine had a frustrating game again. Especially when up against a struggling left back. He doesn'/can't cross the ball so he's a waste of space on the right. Stewart did nothing and will be a passenger on poor pitches. Robertson, didn't touch the ball so hard to comment. Best of a below par performance was Paton. Kept going and should have been the platform for better forward play with his neat passing. I noticed front of his shirt was ripped. Was this something to do with our protest at their goal?

Poor day overall but if we can move on a couple of players in January we can maybe get a little experience into the team..

Long been an advocate of no points for a goalless draw, so even if Raith's goal had been chalked off we still, in my mind at least, didn't deserve anything from yesterday. Then again Raith didn't deserve anything either and for them to walk away with three points when they were only ever playing for a single point in the first place should really make me angry.

Normally speaking I'd be seething at refereeing like yon clown's yesterday but a combination of in reality it only costing us a single point and the opposition being Raith Rovers and not the likes of a hateful team such as Dundee seem to have tempered my mood.

I don't know if I'm that angry with our lot either and I'm not questioning commitment. Think I'm more concerned that a team like Raith can come to Firhill play a very poor variety of negative football and we can't score a single goal. Even if we'd missed a handful of sitters I'd be less concerned (law of averages and all that) but for all we can control midfield and push forward reasonably well we just can't produce enough clear cut chances. Even when we're playing a side that's trying to win the game we struggle but when we face the likes of Raith the problem's magnified many times over.