Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Goodness, I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but the consistent shirking of this issue by those who run football is

nothing less than shameful. As I see it the SPL clubs do not have to consider any information or seek to accommodate the newco Rangers until such times as they apply to join the SPL.

As Rangers have never played in the lower reaches of Scottish football and certainly since the club formerly known as Rangers have no history to speak of good, bad or indifferent then, surely it is a fairly simple matter for the SFL to consider an application on its merits when and indeed if one is made.

Unless, I am missing something Partick Thistle or any other SPL club receive no financial contribution from or are in any way financially involved with Rangers, in whatever guise or indeed anyone else in the SPL.

Can I ask therefore why Donkey Doncaster was present at today's meeting and what possible role he could play other than as a protagonist for some sort of gerrymandered solution to the problem caused wholly and utterly by Rangers and their directors?

Quite frankly I am sick to my back teeth of this sordid little scandal and the seeming inability of the football authorities to resolve it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SPL are going to piss their pants and a few clubs will change their tune. Seems St. Mirren are about to already.

That'll be play-offs on the back burner anyway.

My son was at the shareholders meeting tonight at St Mirren Park where chairman Stewart Gilmour said they will vote NO

I’m sorry got it wrong, he actually said it at the meeting tonight with Black & White Army forum members, I apologise profusely.

Edited by paralytic thistle

Would love to see Maxi's notes relating to the top 3 bits of the 5 hour meeting where they were undoubtedly talked at ...

1. No fire alarm is planned today but if one sounds the exits are immediately behind me

2. Break for tea at 11 a.m. for 20 minutes

3. Luncheon will be at 1 p.m. and shall be a fixed menu of 2 courses

We all agree that newco should be punished for breaking every rule in the book, however i also feel the same way towards the clubs and structure of the spl, who have run the organisation to protect their own self interests.

The have restricted the oportunity to get promoted and only given the rest of Scottish football the scraps off their table.

As much as i want to punish newco i also want to punish the spl by breaking up the protection racket. This allows killie motherwell and others to have a big advantage over us. If the board are trying to radically change this structure then it may be better for thistle in the long term.

Ps i am not going soft, the best punishment for newco will be reminding all of their fans for the rest of their lives how the institution they loved robbed conned and cheated their way to success.

We all agree that newco should be punished for breaking every rule in the book, however i also feel the same way towards the clubs and structure of the spl, who have run the organisation to protect their own self interests.

it's not a 'punishment' - they are the barsted test tube IVF foetus offspring team and as such must apply for a place in SFL3 just like all the rest and that new space should also be opened up to teams like Spartans, Inverurie etc in a transparent (ha!) application process in much the same way that Annan got their place.

The punishment if you want is that they will be a rich new club so they should be held accountable for every single fkin penny swindled by the oldco.

Edited by gianlucatoni

The have restricted the oportunity to get promoted and only given the rest of Scottish football the scraps off their table.

As much as i want to punish newco i also want to punish the spl by breaking up the protection racket. This allows killie motherwell and others to have a big advantage over us. If the board are trying to radically change this structure then it may be better for thistle in the long term.

Ps i am not going soft, the best punishment for newco will be reminding all of their fans for the rest of their lives how the institution they loved robbed conned and cheated their way to success.

There is an element of their support who would just gloat over that and that they got away with it.

E-mailed to the club tonight(well seeing I am a student!).

"In light of the continuing media speculation, concerning the future of the entity recently known as Rangers; I feel that I must reiterate­­­­ my earlier position on the subject.

Whilst fully accepting the difficult and indeed tenuous financial our club often finds itself in, it is a matter of no little pride to many supporters that we pay our way and live within our means no matter the obvious temptation to do precisely the opposite. For this reason I urge Partick Thistle to treat the case of NewCo Rangers in exactly the same manner as they would treat an application for SFL membership from any other source.

Since it is Rangers who are frankly an institution in this country, for good or ill any deviation from the norm will be highlighted and subject to exhaustive scrutiny. Ipso facto, then it is vital that this club places notions of equity and fair play at the heart of its considerations on this matter.

In the nearly thirty five years of actively supporting this club this issue has galvanised the support like no other, except the “Save the Jags” campaign. In a similar fashion, the emotional temperature has been raised, not least by an obsequious media purporting to be objective.

After expending untold energy and resources following my team it pains me more than a little to have to say that if the NewCo are somehow the recipient of some gerrymandered scheme which results in their acceptance into the First Division of the SPL I will view this as a betrayal of the fundamental values on which my support for this club has stood and will accordingly cease to support this club financially.

Kind regards

Mark Rowantree"

On BBC - Donkey stating that only two viable options for Scottish Football - Sevco have to be accomodated in either the SPL or SFL1 implying SFL3 is now not an option financially.

In that case the SPL must be forced to make their decison today to accept Sevco into the SPL or reject them. If they are essential to the future of Scottish Football, the SPL clubs vote them in and they can deal with the wrath from their member clubs' fans. This brinksmanship has to stop now!

Until then, the SFL clubs should refuse to give any indication of how they would vote regarding SFL1 or SFL3.

Some of you will have seen this if you follow the RTC blog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18696397

Anyone notice what club hasn't got their license yet?

Thought this was of interest: http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-customer-is-always-scum/

Though of course the truth is nobody knows what's really going on, except that whatever it is it's corrupt.

Edited by Mr Bunny

On BBC - Donkey stating that only two viable options for Scottish Football - Sevco have to be accomodated in either the SPL or SFL1 implying SFL3 is now not an option financially.

In that case the SPL must be forced to make their decison today to accept Sevco into the SPL or reject them. If they are essential to the future of Scottish Football, the SPL clubs vote them in and they can deal with the wrath from their member clubs' fans. This brinksmanship has to stop now!

Until then, the SFL clubs should refuse to give any indication of how they would vote regarding SFL1 or SFL3.

It would seem, they are not going to vote today, with the meeting being taken up with debate and offers being made, and a lot of begging from Green...

Pinched this:

Minutes of today’s meeting at Hampden Park

1.0 SR opened the meeting by notifying all clubs present that a vote will be taken on the proposal that Sevco should be admitted to the SFL and immediately promoted to Div 1. In order for the vote to be carried, a minimum of [insert number here after votes have been counted] ‘aye’ votes must be cast.

2.0 Prior to the vote being taken, NR made a short presentation.

2.1 NR advised all chairmen that if they vote against the proposal, the following chain of events is certain to occur prior to the start of the 2012/13 season:

2.1.1 All clocks will stop.

2,1.2 A giant meteor will fall to earth, break up in the earth’s atmosphere, with one piece landing on every SFL stadium.

2.1.3 Football will come to an end, Spain will be asked to return their European championship, and all traces of the sport will be obliterated from the face of the earth, other than…

2.1.4 zombies will arise from their graves, and will have special dispensation to play football, if they accept Sevco into the top division of their league, with every other club accepts a 30 point penalty.

2.1.5 Sky Sports and ESPN will withdraw from their present contract and take their ball home. ND further advised that Sky are in the process of negotiating a new deal to cover Scottish football for the sum of an infinite number of pounds (spread over 5 years). This offer will be immediately withdrawn.

2.1.6 Forfar bridies will be banned in all EU countries.

2.1.7 HMRC will demand repayment of Rangers’ debts from every SPL chairman and their family members, their children, and their children’s children.

2.1.8 A plague of locusts will devour any living thing that grows in the meteor crater where once Raith Rovers played.

2.1.8 Stars will be put out, the moon packed up and the sun dismantled.

3.0 SR thanked ND for his presentation outlining the very real threats facing the SPL.

4.0 Raith Rovers chairman asked to address the meeting.

5.0 The meeting was adjourned for a week.

You know the world is ending when Donald Findlay says this:

http://www.cowdenbea...iewNews&id=1075

Superb! This is the key point - “If integrity in our game is to survive, then Rangers must start off SFL life in the Third Division."

It appears that our board would vote for Newco in the first division if the deal is right. I challenge David Beattie to make a similar statement that PTFC will oppose any plan for Newco to play in divisions one or two.

Superb! This is the key point - “If integrity in our game is to survive, then Rangers must start off SFL life in the Third Division."

It appears that our board would vote for Newco in the first division if the deal is right. I challenge David Beattie to make a similar statement that PTFC will oppose any plan for Newco to play in divisions one or two.

I agree.

Moreover, I would urge DB to talk directly to PTFC fans at this time - and indeed all other Scottish Football Fans listening in on the web

I like to hear him call for us all to demonstrate our support for the No Vote by ensuring we do what we can to maximise attendances and fan involvment in the coming season.

This could well initiate an overdue rebirth of the game.

This could well initiate an overdue rebirth of the game.

And we can start by realising that you and I and every other moaning minnie in a red and yellow scarf plus the fans of 30 other SFL clubs and not a few folk who follow SPL sides are in the unaccustomed position of having the game's decision makers by the balls.

please no more statements!

From a good & reliable source "SFL1 / SPL2 is a done deal with Newco, votes irrelavent" he better be sh$tting me this time

2011/12 SPL 12 teams, SPL2 14 team, SFL 16 teams

2012/13 SPL 14 Teams, SPL2 14 Teams SFL 14 teams

1 down and 3 up SPL

1 down 3 up SPL2

But all the leagues to be under the one body

Edited by Norgethistle