Silence Is Deafening

Silence is probably what's required at this stage given todays blackmailing by the SPL.

I have to disagree. If ever there was a time to stand up and be counted, it's now.

I'll start.....

"I'M SPARTACUS!!"

Silence is probably what's required at this stage given todays blackmailing by the SPL.

This needs rephrased...it's what the board will rightly see as being required at this stage, me as a fan, I want everyone at the club to come out and condemn the proposals for Newco in SFL one and to scream bloody murder about the blackmailing (and shady dealings) from the SPL.

This needs rephrased...it's what the board will rightly see as being required at this stage, me as a fan, I want everyone at the club to come out and condemn the proposals for Newco in SFL one and to scream bloody murder about the blackmailing (and shady dealings) from the SPL.

No sorry, think you're wrong. All these cobbled together proposals are purely for the benefit of a group of people that are a stain on our country, who think it is their God given right to be treated as a special case. If my club supports this fudge for some short term benefit it will rip my heart out. The lack of clarity from our Board is causing great harm. They need to tell us where they stand.

No sorry, think you're wrong. All these cobbled together proposals are purely for the benefit of a group of people that are a stain on our country, who think it is their God given right to be treated as a special case. If my club supports this fudge for some short term benefit it will rip my heart out. The lack of clarity from our Board is causing great harm. They need to tell us where they stand.

And as a fan Id agree, but can see why DB and the Board are keeping shtum...but hoping it's 'only for now'.

And as a fan Id agree, but can see why DB and the Board are keeping shtum...but hoping it's 'only for now'.

I can see as while. Given that there was some talk of Rangers fans threatning to travel through to Kirkcaldy and torch Starks Park etc, both us and Queens Park would be the easiest targets to get at by these idiots should they issue more threats. Right now newco looks to be impoding to an extent therefore I can see to an extent about why they want to remain quiet just now. But when it comes to the actual vote it must be no to newco

They weren't afraid to speak last week. Couldn't avoid Mr Beattie's views in the papers. And that was long after the nastiness of McCoist calling for outing the tribunal members and the threats that resulted.

At best, this silence is out of sheer embarrassment. At worst, it's because they're really rooting for this plan to happen, like they said last week. And somewhere in the middle, where the truth usually sits, it's just plain cowardice.

Edit to clarify: cowardice about facing their own fans, not threats from bigoted knuckledraggers.

Edited by Double Ugly

The board will probably make a statement after Tuesday’s meeting. Beattie may well think Rangers in the first is a good move for thistle but in my opinion it is highly unlikely he will vote for necow given the fans views on this – it would be commercial suicide and his position would soon become untenable.

Can someone confirm that the following is factual.

Les Gray (Accies chairman)

"My personal view is that clubs in the First Division would never vote for Rangers to be admitted.

“Morally, for reasons of football integrity, I think they should have to apply for entry to the Third Division.

“I have deliberately not spoken to anybody about this because, to be honest, I’m sick hearing about it. But the bottom line is that there is no mechanism for Rangers to be admitted into the First Division.

“Something would have to be changed, which would be a radical alteration requiring a percentage of the member clubs, who would then have to vote on it in a short space of time. That would then have to be put to the other member clubs within the SFL"

Not too sure about the source here....http://videocelts.com/2012/06/blogs/doncasters-masterplan-faces-first-division-red-card?

Can someone confirm that the following is factual.

Les Gray (Accies chairman)

"My personal view is that clubs in the First Division would never vote for Rangers to be admitted.

“Morally, for reasons of football integrity, I think they should have to apply for entry to the Third Division.

“I have deliberately not spoken to anybody about this because, to be honest, I’m sick hearing about it. But the bottom line is that there is no mechanism for Rangers to be admitted into the First Division.

“Something would have to be changed, which would be a radical alteration requiring a percentage of the member clubs, who would then have to vote on it in a short space of time. That would then have to be put to the other member clubs within the SFL"

Not too sure about the source here....http://videocelts.co...ision-red-card?

Reported here as well. http://www.hamiltonadvertiser.co.uk/hamilton-lanarkshire-sport/hamiltonaccies/2012/06/28/accies-chairman-doesn-t-want-rangers-to-join-the-first-division-51525-31274978/

The silence coming out of Firhill is deafening and doing the club lasting damage. Someone should have a word with the shadowy 'One Thistle' guys and get them to get something up on the official site pronto.

Agree. The situation is such that numerous publications have indicated that Thistle fans threaten a boycott. Shoddy journalism singling out just fans of one club but regardless the next step will be one hack or blogger to report "Partick fans in wholesale fallout with Board" or along these lines.

It's not always the truth that's damaging but what's perceived to be the truth. Thus every hour that goes by with no Club/Chairman statement helps perpetuate the perceived belief that the Club is in another camp than the support.

If you can help nip it in the bud, One Thistle..

Our fans are known to be the most hostile to Rangers due to our proximity to them. Anyone who knows anything about Scottish football understands that. So for Beattie, this is an open goal, and now that Falkirk, Morton, Raith, Hamilton (and did I hear Peterhead?) have all broken cover, I cannot see why he should not put an end to the silence with a statement. I can see why in a self-interested fashion PTFC could think voting for this proposal has merit financially for one season. However, the long term damage to the Scottish game and Thistle especially will be dramatic, and anyone complicit in it, will be remembered as those who killed off Scottish football.

The headline is a bit shoddy, but the article aint a 'woe is Newco' story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166270/Elvis-sticks-boot-Rangers-rival-boss-hits-newco-out.html?ito=feeds-newsxml.

Time to go public Thistle, no need to canvas the fans, look here and anywhere else on social media and it's clear what Thistle fans think. No need for further information either, its all out in the open, except how we intend to vote. Your silence is now starting to hurt Thistle Mr Beattie, just say what we all know we're gona say, NO to Newco in SFL1.

Dunfermline say NO

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120629/dafc-board-statement-on-revised-sfa-spl-sfl-proposals_2208030_2827302

I believe from other forums that even Annan and Montrose have said a define NO, although I cant find evidence. Come on Thistle, lets get our position out in the open and get some good PR. It is in the clubs interest as it will generate support from other clubs = higher numbers of visiting supporters = ££££.

I can almost understand Dundee saying yes (almost) and I know that Cowdenbeith will, but no excuses for anyone else.

Copied from the Evening Times:

STEVEN Pressley today warned the anger over the Rangers crisis could result in more clubs going bust.

Custom byline text:

By MATTHEW LINDSAY

SPL clubs are set to unanimously reject the Ibrox club's application to join the top division at a vote at Hampden on Wednesday.

And now it looks as if their SFL counterparts are set to follow their lead and scupper the newco's hopes of dropping into the Irn-Bru First Division.Cowdenbeath – the Fife minnows chaired by former Gers director Donald Findlay QC – are the only club to have given the thumbs up to the Glasgow club joining them.

Falkirk, Morton and Partick Thistle have all publicly said they will reject the move while rivals are consulting with supporters before declaring their intentions.

Fans of SPL and SFL clubs have threatened to boycott both their own clubs and opposition clubs if they vote to let Rangers into the top flight or Irn-Bru First Division.

They want to see the newly formed club start at the bottom in the Third Division and try to work their way up.

But Bairns boss Pressley has issued a call for calm and expressed the fear that hammering his former club Rangers will lead to other clubs going into administration and liquidation.

He said: "There is a lot of anger about what has happened at the moment and I think that could be clouding people's judgement. We need to have clear thinking at this point.

"Many clubs will suffer financially without Rangers involved and that should not be underestimate in all this. Other clubs could realistically go to the wall and that is not something that I or anybody else wants to see.

"I can see why people want the club to be punished, but, personally, I think we should try to reach some sort of compromise.

"And I don't just want to see one that will only benefit Rangers and the big clubs in the country. The solution to this problem has to benefit the game in this country as a whole."

Copied from the Evening Times:

STEVEN Pressley today warned the anger over the Rangers crisis could result in more clubs going bust.

Custom byline text:

By MATTHEW LINDSAY

SPL clubs are set to unanimously reject the Ibrox club's application to join the top division at a vote at Hampden on Wednesday.

And now it looks as if their SFL counterparts are set to follow their lead and scupper the newco's hopes of dropping into the Irn-Bru First Division.Cowdenbeath – the Fife minnows chaired by former Gers director Donald Findlay QC – are the only club to have given the thumbs up to the Glasgow club joining them.

Falkirk, Morton and Partick Thistle have all publicly said they will reject the move while rivals are consulting with supporters before declaring their intentions.

Fans of SPL and SFL clubs have threatened to boycott both their own clubs and opposition clubs if they vote to let Rangers into the top flight or Irn-Bru First Division.

They want to see the newly formed club start at the bottom in the Third Division and try to work their way up.

But Bairns boss Pressley has issued a call for calm and expressed the fear that hammering his former club Rangers will lead to other clubs going into administration and liquidation.

He said: "There is a lot of anger about what has happened at the moment and I think that could be clouding people's judgement. We need to have clear thinking at this point.

"Many clubs will suffer financially without Rangers involved and that should not be underestimate in all this. Other clubs could realistically go to the wall and that is not something that I or anybody else wants to see.

"I can see why people want the club to be punished, but, personally, I think we should try to reach some sort of compromise.

"And I don't just want to see one that will only benefit Rangers and the big clubs in the country. The solution to this problem has to benefit the game in this country as a whole."

Times have already come out and said that it was a mistake and PTFC have said nothing since last week's statement.

Dunfermline say NO

http://www.dafc.co.u...2208030_2827302

I believe from other forums that even Annan and Montrose have said a define NO, although I cant find evidence. Come on Thistle, lets get our position out in the open and get some good PR. It is in the clubs interest as it will generate support from other clubs = higher numbers of visiting supporters = ££££.

I can almost understand Dundee saying yes (almost) and I know that Cowdenbeith will, but no excuses for anyone else.

"That fan unrest has spread to the SFL and Raith Rovers, Morton, Peterhead, Annan and Montrose have also joined Falkirk in a 'no to newco' stance, with several more SFL clubs set to follow"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166270/Elvis-sticks-boot-Rangers-rival-boss-hits-newco-out.html#ixzz1zCZRzrI5